Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What Abilities Do You Want To See For Your Favorite Classes?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think it would be very cool if the Templar would be able to use the cleric-combo-points to do burst damage or burst healing as opposed to just do healing like he could back when he was just a Cleric.

I would also like to see him keep to that Templar, knight-ish spirit where he is not very mobile but still dangerous if you get within his range.

I think it would be cool if he had some sort of ''Holy Lance'' type ability like the Crusader from Darkest Dungeon

0h1ll4gch050.png

a short range gap closer, maybe skill-shot style, with which the Templar can keep gap closing once within range, until he is pealed by another player/the target uses its own mobility abilities to escape.

would be a cool augment coming from the Fighter, applied to one of the Cleric basic damage abilities (a melee damage ability)

I think it would be interesting to know the Templar is about to burst (his weapon/helmet for example radiates strongly) but you don't know if it is going to be a burst heal to save an ally or a burst of damage to kill a foe and you don't know exactly what to expect

Would be a wild card type of hybrid class and I think that would be cool.

I would also like to see a Crosbow-Crusader Templar

u9aiisj0usfu.png

And I think it would be cool to see a healer with a healing rotation based on how much sustained damage said healer does from the wall during a siege/to the boss during a boss fight.

And maybe the ''Holy Lance'' type ability no longer is a gap close when used with a crossbow but instead a knockback the Crosbow-Templar can use to peal enemies off allies while it is still up there on the wall.

• Options
    It would be cool if the Shadow Lord had the ability to create mirror images of himself and switch places with any of them.

So for example, he could leave a mirror image on the healer, one on the squishy mage and one hidden behind a pillar and switch with whatever mirror image he wants depending on situation.

Would also be cool to see him apply a debuff which hides at least part of the HP of a target for some time, a debuff he could also apply with his mirror images, creating a sort of panic mode for enemies who are no longer sure about their actual HP % and if they do in fact have the real Shadow Lord or just a mirror image applying a debuff on them.
  • Options
    Something other than fiddling with hp or stats. A great new game needs something ORIGINAL as other MMOs just fiddle with hp, stats or movement.

Perhaps levitate, then when someone runs in to you their momentum causes you to float/travel. Player creativity could do a lot with this.

Perhaps Orc catapult - 2 orcs can use a band to catapult another over a keep wall. Use strength to determine range and arc. Daft idea but some thing ORIGINAL would be game defining.

Perhaps magical protection auras requiring counter-spells to break, a game in itself. Instead of buff or debuff there you go, boring.

Perhaps 'merge with tree' or 'hide in rock' with timers based on your ability to stay 'out of phase', as a fun alternative to boring MMO stealth where you just hit stealth and there you go, can't see me ha haa, boring god mode.

Anyway, something ORIGINAL would be nice.
  • Options
    Also another important skill for tanks, considering that in TT games skills that forces the enemies to acquire your target and maintain it for a few seconds such as Lineage 2's Aggression/Aura of Hate or Archeage's Boastful Roar/Mocking Howl are the fuctional standard,
    such skills can become almost useless against enemies using almost only Action skills(75% in Ashes) that doesn't require target becoming able to completely ignore tanks.

Such a thing wasn't a problem in Lineage 2 as action skills were very few, but in Archeage where the presence of action skills was reasonably bigger, Archeage's Provokes/Taunts had strong power debuff infused in them which limits the damage of action skills even if they ignore the forceful target acquisition part of the skill, therefore i expect the Tanks in Ashes to have such similar functionality in their main taunting/provoking skill, unless it is intented of Ashes design for it to not be a thing with the intention of giving that type of advantage for action skills over TT skills.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options
    For the Rogue archetype, I would like an instant attack that uses the equipped weapon and stats. Usable with any melee weapon. With a possible augment for adding a blink to it. I want to be able to use a 2H weapon as a Rogue. Leather-wearing swordsman, with high burst. Yeeee....
  • Options
    Cultured wrote: »
    For the Rogue archetype, I would like an instant attack that uses the equipped weapon and stats. Usable with any melee weapon. With a possible augment for adding a blink to it. I want to be able to use a 2H weapon as a Rogue. Leather-wearing swordsman, with high burst. Yeeee....

Shiiiiit I'm in the same boat. I'd love to run around with a 2H as a rogue
  • Options
    KrakhunKrakhun Member, Intrepid Pack
    I would like to see a shadow lord (rouge/summoner) be able to move through darker areas undetected by anyone.
  • Options
    I like to play a mage class. I want to see flame touch, or something that does more damage the closer the target is to you.
  • Options
    Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    edited December 2022
    A couple of interesting ideas come to mind that might be worth consideration

1. Parry mechanic
    2. Ability to create duplicate copies/create mirror images/distraction ability
    3. Abilities based on siege equipment, with magic based modifiers (rapid fire icicle shooting balista, slow firing charged lightning snipe shot ballista, stone-assembled battering-ram with knockback effect, etc.)
    4. Traps/environmental affecting abilities
    5. Plethora of status conditions (burned, electrified, slowed, frozen, confused, etc.)
    6. Heavy emphasis on a variety of distance-manipulating/positioning abilites (gap closers/creaters, pushbacks/pulls)
    7. Emphasis on the "projectile" mechanic for ranged attacks, through variety of options for different fire rates/ranges/properties
    8. Movement options with different properties (like a dash that creates a wall of ice along itd path to cut off an enemy, or a dash that consists of smaller connects dashes that can be selected in real time)
    9. Abilities that play on the verticality aspect (such as the ranger ability in the showcase) that involve defending/attacking enemies positioned above or below the player to emphasize terrain/positional advantages.
    10. Different versions of existing abilities that you can choose between in real-time (like being able to rapid fire arrows or charge arrows for a more powerful shot) that allow you to mix up your ability's timing and/or level of risk/reward
  • Options
    I would like to see a throwing weapon ability were the weapon thrown sticks to the target hit or the ground if you missed. Then if you moved to the weapon you would automatically retrieve it tacking the ability off cooldown. This ability should only be on classes that normally fight at range so that they can have a damaging low cooldown ability if they want to risk fighting at close range.