Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What Accessory Cosmetics would you like to see?

ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited February 2023 in General Discussion
There has been many skins so far, but I'd like to see some Quiver skins. Personally I'd want a Py'Rai inspired quiver. One with roots and leaves entangled around it. Perhaps have some luminance etching depending on either night phase or moon types (if they plan on having different types of moon phases). As a player that loves archery, i'd definitely want to display a cool/unique Quiver.

What cosmetic accessories would you guys like to see available either in game accessable or purchase through cosmetic shop?
[img][/img]

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I also wanted a Quiver but I'm not sure I'd appreciate a static quiver with no animation attached. At the moment the toons just magic an arrow and I think it would ruin the effect to have a Quiver and conjured arrows rather than retrieved arrows. I'm used to rangers with quivers in the weapon matrix and these rangers do use the quiver.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    @Neurath

They could simply just have a basic animation where the characters reach over their shoulder a bit , quickly, indicating they are removing an arrow from quiver. The quiver skins could easily be a viable option if the characters hands dont actually fully interact with the arrows in quiver (being that quivers will varie in size perhaps). Seems doable to me.
    [img][/img]
  • Options
    Yeah, I mean Ranger isn't finished at all and I was hopeful a quiver would be added at a later point. However, cosmetics for different styles of quiver would also be beautiful. We have to select what's on our backs and visible so it would be a quiver or cloak.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Quivers would be awesome, but if I could dream then I'd love the option to wear the quiver on my hip.

Ideally, I'd want my character to have a traditional adventurer's backpack and a quiver on the hip.
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    ShadowVen wrote: »
    What cosmetic accessories would you guys like to see available either in game accessable or purchase through cosmetic shop?

I'll say after we get the Alpha 2 release date.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    I want a custom tankard for my Ren'Kai that is absolutely massive (small keg like) that I can use when drinking potions instead of a standard potion drinking animation.
  • Options
    OrbificatorOrbificator Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A shield on my back. Closest I'll get to Dual Shields I reckon.
    u4ud44oeff0w.gif
  • Options
    Wouldnt mind seeing a book/bookbag for the belt too for those spell casters
  • Options
    Anything that removes branchlers.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Anything that removes branchlers.

Yeah, a chainsaw would be cool.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Purely RP items, such as umbrellas, hand fans, music instruments (not magical, sound effects can be turned off), canes, yo-yo, pipes, etc.

Items your character produce when it goes idle. They could be collectibles and are "easy" to make different designs for races and whatnot.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    Strevi wrote: »

You dont want any more skins until after A2?
    [img][/img]
  • Options
    Veeshan wrote: »
    Wouldnt mind seeing a book/bookbag for the belt too for those spell casters

Yeah, I think this would be cool for casters as well. Maybe even have a belt with a satchel with scrolls sticking out of with some magical elements glowing or glistening from them depending on the "elements" of the skin. I know you can equip "spell books", so having them added on belts shouldnt be too hard.
    [img][/img]
  • Options
    Strevi wrote: »

You dont want any more skins until after A2?

No, I mean I don't want to tell IS what skins to create for me unless they reveal the A2 release date first.
    I don't want to give them ideas for free.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Having a dragon horn drop from a dragon world boss as a drinking horn would be pretty cool.

I plan on having a Scout (Ranger/Rogue), so having it in a place that will let the quiver still be there, too, would be amazing.

A bracer with a compass on it would be nice.

a folding stool/camping stool for a different sitting emote option as well
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Some sleep wear, including sexy items for both genders, for roleplaying. It could also be useful for dancing in taverns.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    tautau wrote: »
    Some sleep wear, including sexy items for both genders, for roleplaying. It could also be useful for dancing in taverns.

7eiyiurgvjov.gif

But... the teen rating.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Alyxavior wrote: »
    Having a dragon horn drop from a dragon world boss as a drinking horn would be pretty cool.

I plan on having a Scout (Ranger/Rogue), so having it in a place that will let the quiver still be there, too, would be amazing.

A bracer with a compass on it would be nice.

a folding stool/camping stool for a different sitting emote option as well

I really like the idea of the Dragon horn from the boss. That'd be cool to have. Not only legendary crafting mats and finished mats from world bosses, but having them drop a unique skin from their body would be really cool to have.

the chairs and stools emotes would be cool to have for taverns for sure, but I know that Steven is wanting to have lots of variety of furniture. So hopefully the taverns would be stocked with cool variety.
    [img][/img]
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ever watch The Wizards of Aus on youtube? (Show won't be for everybody) The tower from the end of the first episode a wizard tower skin similar to that would be nice.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Some neat ideas in this thread! 😄
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There has been many skins so far, but I'd like to see some Quiver skins. Personally I'd want a Py'Rai inspired quiver. One with roots and leaves entangled around it. Perhaps have some luminance etching depending on either night phase or moon types (if they plan on having different types of moon phases). As a player that loves archery, i'd definitely want to display a cool/unique Quiver.

A simple overcoat, backslot. Comes down beyond the knees. Opens up to hide armor shows off all the sweet ink. Save for a damn cool animal skull for a belt buckle.

I guess I need pants still. Though loincloth is more fitting.
  • Options
    Nothing that's neon purple...
  • Options
    It could also be useful for dancing in taverns.

curiosity-curious.gif
  • Options
    SjeldenSjelden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Flags, banners and standards. Something to identify a group of united players, either by citizenship or clan membership. And something for the the group to gather behind.
  • Options
    I'm hoping for more dresses or casual wear (not armour) for when you're just chilling in a city, or for RP. And I wouldn't mind less coverage, I feel like most cosmetic outfits usually consist of pants and armour that cover the entire body which I understand, but there should still be appropriate outfits for non-combat times (and perhaps more "girly" wear ;-; ).

Also really loved these ideas:
    Percimes wrote: »
    Purely RP items, such as umbrellas, hand fans, music instruments (not magical, sound effects can be turned off), canes, yo-yo, pipes, etc.

Items your character produce when it goes idle. They could be collectibles and are "easy" to make different designs for races and whatnot.
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    A Health Pack-esque one.
    Big red plus signs don't fit, so perhaps an invented Healers Guild logo pack with bottles and bandages overflowing?
  • Options
    I would like to see some kind of trophy items that you could achieve from killing specific amount of some creatures. For example after killing 1000 skeletons you could get a skull that could be attached into your characters armor piece as an ornament.

If I remember right Warhammer Online had this kind of system and it was fun! :sunglasses:

Maybe some trophies could become achievable after mastering some profession? In GW2 you could make profession themed backpacks when you hit a sertain level in crafting.

I'm sure that someone has already mentioned about these ideas in these forums. :)
  • Options
    I personally like dark shrouds or big shoulder items
  • Options
    -T0Mb- wrote: »
    Maybe some trophies could become achievable after mastering some profession? In GW2 you could make profession themed backpacks when you hit a sertain level in crafting.

Hello, I am a Master Fisherman. Why, yes! That is indeed a whale shark attached to my belt! :D

Love it <3
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Id love to see some dark, cloaked, stealthy type of cosmetics, belts with daggers, the quiver is a fantastic idea, however i think that the quiver should 1000% not share a slot with a cloak, you should definitley be able to wear a quiver over a cloak, to fix this they could make the quiver a weapon slot and make it add attack speed or something, i think its super immersive having to buy arrows but im not sure everyone agrees with this haha