Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which Ashes of Creation Class Are You Looking to Choose?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Strevi wrote: »
    I am not sure I would like to be a squishy healer staying as far as possible from the enemies and shooting healing arrows... unless they are homing arrows. With all those players moving and jumping around each-other, hitting your half damaged team member with an arrow which also has travel time can be a lottery.
    But I've seen some funny video clip from another mmo posted by somebody to highlight how homing arrows can act. So while increasing the range, the healing spells should still remain "magically realistic". (magic is not illogical)

Obviously pure speculation on my part but you're describing how I imagine Soulbow will play not protector, I dont want to be shooting arrows on my Cleric :D:D

• Options
    FreemetaFreemeta Member
    edited February 2023
    hard to make a choice without description. i love chaotic/RNG class(Wild mage from baldur's gate, Arcana from lost ark etc, trying to tame the power of RNG), shapechange/gameplay change on the fly and Final Fantasy summon (big long and flashy).

for RNG lovers: wild surge from baldur's gate for Wild Mage, a legendary class.
    https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Wild_Surge
    sorry for my bad english, my native langage is french.
  • Options
    DebaDeba Member
    edited February 2023
    Freemeta wrote: »
    hard to make a choice without description. i love chaotic/RNG class(Wild mage from baldur's gate, Arcana from lost ark etc, trying to tame the power of RNG), shapechange/gameplay change on the fly and Final Fantasy summon (big long and flashy).

for RNG lovers: wild surge from baldur's gat for Wild Mag, a legendary class.
    https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Wild_Surge
    I also would love at least 1 luck based class :D
  • Options
    Morg7x7 wrote: »
    Strevi wrote: »
    I am not sure I would like to be a squishy healer staying as far as possible from the enemies and shooting healing arrows... unless they are homing arrows. With all those players moving and jumping around each-other, hitting your half damaged team member with an arrow which also has travel time can be a lottery.
    But I've seen some funny video clip from another mmo posted by somebody to highlight how homing arrows can act. So while increasing the range, the healing spells should still remain "magically realistic". (magic is not illogical)

Obviously pure speculation on my part but you're describing how I imagine Soulbow will play not protector, I dont want to be shooting arrows on my Cleric :D:D

Well, but ranger should do damage instead of healing.
    I think some combinations are "forced" by the matrix and would not naturally appear when a game designer would just try to imagine a new class.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Bow Cleric would be a beast with a horizontal enchantment to turn physical damage to magical damage.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Now that I think about the ranger+fighter, I imagine him hitting enemies' heads with the bow.
    Also poking them into the eyes could work.
    Today is not my best day.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    RockHoundRockHound Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    At this stage I will start as a Vek Cleric/Summoner (Shaman)... I feel like this will synergize well... especially at sea... It's all speculation right now.
  • Options
    ThatGuyPowersThatGuyPowers Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2023
    If it’s anything like the mmos I’ve played in the past I will say the entire time before the next alpha and release that I will play something other than mage and still I will inevitably main a mage so I’m going with sorcerer, magician or trickster equipped with a handle mustache and a massive wizard hat and or top hat
  • Options
    AliandriaAliandria Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I may have to rethink my choice with Necromancer being so popular at this stage!
  • Options
    SweatycupSweatycup Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2023
    It's hard to say with so little public/finished yet. But none-the-less currently looking forward to bard, songwarden or songcaller as support. For more of a paladin build which never seems to disappoint in most mmo's a highsword or paladin. A beastmaster (Personal vote on Strawpoll) might be interesting as it was in SWG but will have to see, would be fun to shop around and find the best bred pets. A battlemage might be a interesting choice as well. Its incredibly hard to say personally. The only class i was not planning to try was rogue variants.
  • Options
    lhk7olq6ch45.jpg
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    SunScriptSunScript Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    lhk7olq6ch45.jpg

Cultist (Rogue/Cleric) because I like the Dancer in FFXI both as a main and sub, ie hit with dual daggers a lot and heal people/myself from it. And plenty of evasion.
    Bow before the Emperor and your lives shall be spared. Refuse to bow and your lives shall be speared.
  • Options
    i wish they pick the best class gameplay from mmorpg history.
    sorry for my bad english, my native langage is french.
  • Options
    Some type of cleric, but I will see how things develop. Voted templar at this stage.
  • Options
    Something good in PvP and if I can be creative while killing others it is a plus.
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.