Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Night PK

What do you think if giving less corruption points to pk at night?

Comments

• Options
    As an ambassador for elite ganking, I must admit that the idea of reduced corruption at night sounds delicious.
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Why? What links to night does corruption have?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    GalvyrGalvyr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I just feel like this would cause problems.
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »

Well, I think theoretically the killer at night is hard to recognize. Well, or let the players know that it’s dangerous to walk around at night
  • Options
    Yeah I get the ideation but it means people will turn purple at night and remain green in the day (those who would not normally turn purple) thus negating the system.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Corruption in the lore is spiritual corruption, it doesn't have to do with the law or anything mundane.

But... if you kill people in the PvP events you can kill milions and surprisingly doesn't corrupt your spirit :#
  • Options
    Yeah I get the ideation but it means people will turn purple at night and remain green in the day (those who would not normally turn purple) thus negating the system.

You probably misunderstood. I'm not talking about the flagging system. I'm talking about when a person gets a red nickname, but at night he gets less corruption points
  • Options
    It's difficult not to misunderstand with a one line question lol.

I'm not sure what the use will be. At the point a person is red the person is already handicapped. Night doesn't last very long relatively speaking so what benefit would the process have? Again, greens will learn to fight back at night making the red player more likely to die to a non bounty hunter.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited March 2023

I'm not sure what the use will be. At the point a person is red the person is already handicapped. Night doesn't last very long relatively speaking so what benefit would the process have? Again, greens will learn to fight back at night making the red player more likely to die to a non bounty hunter.

Would benefit PKs who do a small kill just to get the red with the bare mininal of corruption points and then bait people into fights, could bring hidden friends.
  • Options
    I advised about the first blood pker but I was told I misunderstood. These flanking manoeuvres are not a very precise broadside.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    This ain't TL, so no.
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    sounds like a good idea to me
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Gospell wrote: »
    What do you think if giving less corruption points to pk at night?

I'll take a solid system worked out so there's less hand holding for everyone involved.
  • Options

Well, I think theoretically the killer at night is hard to recognize. Well, or let the players know that it’s dangerous to walk around at night

Looking at the lore, it seems to me that the corruption system is probably more of a "The Force" concept rather than "Law and Order". Harming the gods creation who were instructed to rebuild after the invasion of the Ancients is where the individual goes "against the will of the world" and hence becomes corrupted. And mind you, it only applies to those who attack those who cannot (or will not) put up a fight, so killing the most peaceful servants of the Gods is what makes you corrupted. "Bring the fight to those who are longing for it." so to speak.

Along that logic it doesn't make much sense that by night we suddenly get less corruption.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited March 2023
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »

Would benefit PKs who do a small kill just to get the red with the bare mininal of corruption points and then bait people into fights, could bring hidden friends.

That in itself is a reason they won 't be implementing it. Corruption is not meant as a benefit. It's a punishment for forced PvP kills. You don't get Corruption from attacking someone that doesn't fight back, only from killing them.

Fighting someone that doesn't fight back isn't PvP. It's just P. If you're a PvP'er, you won't be looking to go Corrupted. You'll be looking for that extra "vP".

Edit: And, to the OP: Nope, it's a pretty shit idea. You can learn what the Corruption system is meant for at this following link: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_corruption

Allowing people to reduce the griefing punishment just because it's dark, goes against the whole point of system itself.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    daveywavey wrote: »

That in itself is a reason they won 't be implementing it. Corruption is not meant as a benefit. It's a punishment for forced PvP kills. You don't get Corruption from attacking someone that doesn't fight back, only from killing them.

Fighting someone that doesn't fight back isn't PvP. It's just P. If you're a PvP'er, you won't be looking to go Corrupted. You'll be looking for that extra "vP".

Edit: And, to the OP: Nope, it's a pretty shit idea. You can learn what the Corruption system is meant for at this following link: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_corruption

Allowing people to reduce the griefing punishment just because it's dark, goes against the whole point of system itself.

The people who are farming and running dungeons are doing that just in that specific momment, later on they will come at you.

A kill is a kill, even gathering more wood is PvP, generating more wealth to your guild and node is PvP.

The PK wll be red, debuffed/capped, will suffer gear losses, won't be able to trade or use storages, will be red and that will be like a beacon to everybody wanting a free kill.

If the guy wants to bait people, then he is doing for this personal emotional thrill, the "benefit" will be that he will purify the corruption a few minutes faster.

• Options
    the "benefit" will be that he will purify the corruption a few minutes faster.

Exactly. The design is that Corruption is discouraged, but not banned. They don't want you to find it easier to be Corrupted. Why would they implement this?
  • Options
    edited March 2023

I swear, you will all be killed by zergs of purple and you will have no chance... later on you will find one of them while he is green and he will be picking flowers and mushrooms. He will be hiding behind a green flag and only come out of it when he has perfect conditions to steamroll you.

Carebears are all petty like that, when you come after them, then they pretend they nothing but victims.
  • Options

How does this conflict with the system? You just get less corruption points! flagges system will work correctly. Honestly. I would like the player to get pk status only when there is proof of his crime. PK is not a divine punishment, as the person suggested by the post above, this is justice. PK are wanted killers, not god-marked people. This game even made bounty hunters, but it's not fair that a player gets PK status without witnesses and evidence.
  • Options
    Red Alert

There will be tactics to pvp and the flagging system adds tactics.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Intrepid should have the balls to add a toggle on and off PvP option, then we won't have to read carebars anymore saying that surprise PvP is griefing.
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    edited March 2023

How does this conflict with the system? You just get less corruption points! flagges system will work correctly. Honestly. I would like the player to get pk status only when there is proof of his crime. PK is not a divine punishment, as the person suggested by the post above, this is justice. PK are wanted killers, not god-marked people. This game even made bounty hunters, but it's not fair that a player gets PK status without witnesses and evidence.

It is not just about law and order in Ashes though, which is my entire point.

Yes, it COULD be just a matter of justice, but in the world of Verra it is not.

Just like it is not logical that people can use a mystical power called "the Essence" to do magic. I don't see why this is easily acceptable but the fact that corruption probably has a notion of "will of the world" somehow is not something people can accept.

If that line of thinking I suggested - and mind you that is all I am doing, suggesting, the devs would have to confirm my theory - holds true, then the question becomes: Do you want to play a game with a world that has these rules or not?
  • Options
    In fact, there will be people who will provoke pvp and there will be people who will easily remove pk status
  • Options
    Kilion wrote: »
    ]

It is not just about law and order in Ashes though, which is my entire point.

Yes, it COULD be just a matter of justice, but in the world of Verra it is not.

Just like it is not logical that people can use a mystical power called "the Essence" to do magic. I don't see why this is easily acceptable but the fact that corruption probably has a notion of "will of the world" somehow is not something people can accept.

If that line of thinking I suggested - and mind you that is all I am doing, suggesting, the devs would have to confirm my theory - holds true, then the question becomes: Do you want to play a game with a world that has these rules or not?

I can imagine if this was divine intervention, then there should have been a holy inquisition that looks after pk, but there will be bounty hunters in the game, and they hunt for common criminals, not divine
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Why ganking in EVE Online became so big?

In high security space, miners were mining faster than the other miners, so one day people started killing each other while mining. Years later, the devs added a safety system that has green, yellow and red... so miners became even more careless and even more greedy while being using green safety and assuming that killing a miner is "griefing".

Well, historically most gankers were miners too, they were happily mining with a mining alt quiet by an asteroid belt, while the ganker alt was pretty much simply killing his competitors in the mining business.

This is what a real game is about and this is meta game, you gotta be a person with low capacity of understanding the game if you fail to see this.
  • Options
    I can imagine if this was divine intervention, then there should have been a holy inquisition that looks after pk, but there will be bounty hunters in the game, and they hunt for common criminals, not divine

That is not the only line of thinking possible. We also don't send out exclusively religious people to stop religiously motivated crimes or to pursue the criminals who committed crimes in the name of their faith.

Just because the Gods of Verra or the Corruption itself are the source for the manifestation in players who kill greens doesn't mean that therefore only people directly involved with them can hunt them down. Also with all sentient creatures in Verra being children of Gods, the bounty hunter is in a sense also a subject with a connection to the divine.

To my point: Someone with an economic interest to hunt a corrupted player is not indicative of the nature of the corruption.
  • Options
    In theory, you can have closet corrupted people who won't be bounty hunted. Murderers however do get bounty hunted.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options

A few people in the forum expressed this.

Well... if it is a SPIRITUAL corruption, it would make sense that religious actions should be taken and bounty hunters should hunt criminals

The corruption system to prevent griefing is a failure in it's conception and the bounty hunter system will fail too, because it's a system on top of a failed system.
  • Options
    Bounty hunters should hunt people and collect fines for crimes, even trespassing and gathering in someone else's private property could be crimes!

Mining in an underground mine which you don't have permission should be a felony too.
    Looting someone else's prey....
    etc

No corruption involved.
  • Options

How does this conflict with the system? You just get less corruption points! flagges system will work correctly.
    Because the Corruption system is there to deter the killing of players that do not fight back.

Letting people do it more easily at night time lessens the effect of that system.

Just to clarify for you: The Corruption system isn't there to stop PvP. It's not even there to stop you killing players that don't fight back. That's absolutely allowed. But if you're going to kill someone that's not fighting back, the Corruption system is there to make sure there are consequences for doing so.

Honestly. I would like the player to get pk status only when there is proof of his crime. PK is not a divine punishment, as the person suggested by the post above, this is justice. PK are wanted killers, not god-marked people.
    "Corruption tarnishes the character’s spiritual essence. Their ability to utilize the Verra’s magic found within them is diminished.[37]"
    Corrupted players absolutely are god-marked people. It's there in the lore.

Steven's expressed his vision for his game, and it is what it is. He's comfortable with the fact that it won't be for everybody. Please do go and read the link I gave you above. It might help clear up some things for you.