Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

a problem with auto attacks

13»

Comments

• NiKrNiKr Member
    Chicago wrote: »
    Yeah we have only seen 1 or 2 abilities from the fighter, that ine and the ine tjat spins around like a whirlwind, also locks, we havnt seen much from.other classes,
    Yes, I also wish we saw waaaay more. But when the devs say "we've listened to feedback, we've applied feedback and here's how we did and will keep doing that" - I feel like that's enough for now.

Now if they go back on that word and the next few physical abilities that we see are fully rooted - yep, we can all complain and say "you lied" and "wtf".

p.s. mages had planted abilities too, so it's not just melees that gonna stay in one place and get shat on.
  • Abilities don't have to be an increase of dps, if the secondary effect of the ability is strong, the cleric ability inthere did a significant amount of healing, ofcourse then the dps is going to be lower. Abilities that support (healing crowscontrol) etc should do significantly less then pure dps abilities. in that regard you can consider a bisic attack as a dps ability, hence some abilities would do less damage then a basic attack
  • you guys didn't learn how to auto attack in martial arts? pfft game is so non-realistic :smile:
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes we are, the problem is that as of right now there seems not much point using anything but basic attack and its spammable wich makes other skills basically useless atm im not sure how scaling will work, but the idea of melee having an invisible cast bar on attacks is super bad, melee will be rooted in place while someone with a wand can just range them spamming auto attack with no gcd or cooldown
    Um... that makes no sense, whatsoever.
    Ashes is an RPG. You use other abilities besides basic attack because Mages and Rangers and Rogues and Necromancers do more than just "spam" one basic attack.

Why does melee need to have an invisible cast bar?
    Tank already has very visible casting abilities on the hotbar, like Grapple and Tremoring Bellow. Aegis casts a
    shield dome that travels with the as the Tank moves. The Tank is not rooted in place while using other abilities besides basic attack.
    Why would a Tank be obsessed with just the damage they deal from a basic attack?
    Also, if a Tank were truly woried about that, the Tank could wield a Wand & Shield instead of a Sword & Shield.
    That might an especially effective Gear Kit for a Spellshield.
    edited March 2023
    I mean fair enough, we wont see how it works till alpha 2 but i feel youre missing the point of the post, you cant sell me locked animations on a melee character in a pvp game as variety but everyone is entitled to their own opinion 😁
    I don't know that we need to sell you on locked animations. Whirlwind locks you for a considerable amount of time, but you don't have to use every ability. If you don't like Whirlwind; don't use it.
    Hammer Strike might lock for 1.5 seconds, but Rush makes up for that. Although, at mark 10:55, the Fighter was able to dodge by the time mobs were able to engage - even without Rush.

Greatsword is going to slow you down - Daggers are extremely fast. I would expect a Rapier to be quite fast as well, so... if you want to be a fast, mobile Swashbuckler - which Fighter is designed to emulate - just pick your weapons wisely.
  • DizzDizz Member
    The only problem about weapon attack to me is that it's not an auto attack and have to keep press or hold Q key to attack and I don't like it, I prefer something like GW2 weapon attack 1 that you can toggle it on/off the auto attack.
    A casual follower from TW.

↓Good youtube channel to learn things about creating games.↓
    Masahiro Sakurai on Creating Games:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv1DvRY5PyHHt3KN9ghunuw
    Basic attack is not intended to be used like it's an auto-attack.
    But... we can't meaningfully assess the efficacy of that until we have the actual Active Skills and Augments.
  • It might be better if your class is a physical dps class. It'll prob be filler for everyone else and until we get all of the skills in the game we don't even know if we will even use it.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East