Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The quest for supreme quality for an MMORPG

2»

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Odyssey looks awesome, however, the gameplay is not actual gameplay and until that time I do not consider odyssey to be capable of having the video format as in the game.

Korean MMOs are all about beauty and lack a lot of substance which isn't pay to win.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    NemesesNemeses Member
    fogovivo wrote: »
    I believe that the model of "realistic world", "coherent progression" and "verisimilitude" are fundamental to a 21st century MMORPG.

I believe the base model for Ashes of Creation needs to go beyond what ArcheAge, Black Desert, New World has already done.

Ashes of Creation needs to be Read Dead Redemption 2 with a face of 3.

If it is less than that, it will be just another MMORPG, not a game to make history.

Do you agree?

https://youtu.be/YisYNBBd3Jw

Just talking complete rubbish! but i bet it made you feel clever
    :D
    The Immortals
    • We Lived a Thousand Lives, United we Stand.
    • Recruitment
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    I feel clever that I did not respond to this post.. (?)
  • Options
    Be clever.
    This thread is about "The quest for supreme quality for an MMORPG" B)

I think AoC should move forward to surpass others.

https://youtu.be/pX1KE7mIRDE

https://youtu.be/MAOQN9NF0bY

https://youtu.be/_sYjq-zR8As

https://youtu.be/IPTtpuw4SsY

• Options
    Give the devs time to provide the polish. Also, 500vs500 needs a specific style and design. We can't have everything or everyone will need 5000 pound computers.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    Give the devs time to provide the polish. Also, 500vs500 needs a specific style and design. We can't have everything or everyone will need 5000 pound computers.

500vs500 is not required. There is also no demand for it. ArcheAge and GuildWars 2 have already shown numbers of players allowed in World PvP combat currently ranges from 500 to 1,000 per map. It's a mess even when instantiated.

Currently, the best existing systems are those of Guild Wars 2 and Read Dead Online in which you can choose which sessions and with whom to be on the same server. Switching between open world and instanced areas just needs to be subtle.

As for the need for better machines, I'm sorry to say there's no going back. 32GB of ram and 12GB of video memory will be the base requirements for every AAA game coming out in 2024 and beyond.

"Dreams can become nightmares."
  • Options
    12gb vram might not be enough though. Also, guild wars 2 and red dead are older games. Ue5 dev said by 2030 ue5 will need 48gb gpu and 16 core cpu.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack

That is a really heavy computer!
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    fogovivo wrote: »

500vs500 is not required. There is also no demand for it. ArcheAge and GuildWars 2 have already shown numbers of players allowed in World PvP combat currently ranges from 500 to 1,000 per map. It's a mess even when instantiated.

There is a demand for 500v500.

Even in Archrage - with server populations much smaller than Ashes plans, many servers wanted fights that were bigger than that and simply couldn't.

I cant speak for GW2 (not at that stage of gameplay, at least), but if 500v500 worked I Archeage, there would have been many fights that were larger scale than what we saw.

This wouldnt have been sieges though. Archeage sieges sucked.
  • Options
    RDD2 is RDD2 and AoC will be AoC , of course it is nice to see the good examples of success of other games for inspiration but the point is to let AoC grow from its perspective that Intrepid has to get better with time.

Intrepid may be wrong and may also have many successes but isn't that part of the growth and development?.
    LOL , WOW , did not start out being the best games in their genres , they developed positively over time , ( well in the case of WOW that "positive" is very doubtful ) , and that is what makes them the best in their genres , they never stopped trying to improve , either in small things or big things , they are always trying to see how to improve and develop more ( especially LOL/RIOT ).

For a start , I am very satisfied with what Intrepid is offering but of course you have to be patient , good things will come little by little , Intrepid has shown that they are willing to be daring but they are not stupid either , you have to form the foundations of a castle first so that it can withstand everything.

The road is long and unknown but if you go with the right attitude and you are surrounded by people who want to contribute positive things then that road is only a path of growth and development that will contain mistakes but at the end of the day a path of growth.
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Noaani wrote: »

Yeah, super computer territory. Capable of 24k at 30 hz lol.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member

There is a demand for 500v500.

it's the only reason I'm here as a Voyager Plus supporter
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    No. It should be fun.
  • Options
    The most impressive thing about everything that has been happening in the gaming world is that the RDR2 standard persists, without UE5.
    9pmox5vqsgk0.png
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2023
    @fogovivo You need to understand the difference between Trailers and actual gameplay, MMORPGs are a whole different level, talking about RDR2 is irrelevant, lets use one of your examples on UE5 - PAX DEI

g4zclljh3yhl.png
    vi5v76jupbyh.png
    4nd4whrfi6e7.png

This was posted by the Pax Dei devs on their official discord, did you notice the 25 and 22 FPS on two of those screenshots? and the graphics that are absolutely nothing like the Pax Dei trailer? yea... making trailers on Unreal Engine 5 is Extremely easy..

making a game visually impressive while having a good performance is a different story, UE5 is not Magic, the idea that because its a game on UE5 equals to the game looking good and having good performance is stupid, you need talented devs UE5 is just another engine with some extra tools that make the job easier

I think this is a good lesson for anyone hyped with AA2 or Chrono Odyssey trailers as well, MMORPGs are not easy to make and trailers are JUST trailers...

Intrepid is trying to push the visuals to the max while keeping good performance, and this is the most important thing, all their assets, VFX, lighting everything needs to have good performance, do not fall for these new UE5 trailers
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    You can make a vertical slice for a trailer but it is difficult to turn the vertical slice into an actual game. Its easy to say pax dei doesn't look like the trailer but ashes was the same in pre alpha.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    I honestly dont get why people even watch trailers.
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Lore
  • Options
    I honestly dont get why people even watch trailers.

Yup, the last time a prerendered trailer helped me decide if I was interested in a game was when I was 13 years old. Two Worlds or something. That started years of disappointing games that were all worse than TES IV, and I never paid attention to trailers again for anything except to get hyped about a game I already knew was going to be good.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    I loved RDR2, but I don’t expect Ashes to be RDR3. The biggest reason is that it’s an mmo. After following this game for seven years, it’s
    pretty clear that Ashes is going to be it’s own thing.

IMO the three games that will approximate an RDR3 immersive experience will be ES6, the next Witcher installment, or RDR3 itself.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options

Yeah, super computer territory. Capable of 24k at 30 hz lol.

The age of the Computosaur! Immense beasts, larger than a room, with the brain processing power of a pocket calculator!
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !