Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The RP Community Must Unite or Die

2»

Comments

• Options
    GalvyrGalvyr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Galvyr you already know my group has your back. Bring on the PVP and the RP PVP.

Plus as @Barrab has stated, bring on the challengers. Larger PVX rp guilds like Mithril Warhammers, Dunhold, and my own guild fully intend to not only actively hunt griefers but to fight larger threats. Besides it will be fun when someone encroaches on the Dwarven holds and an army of Elves show up to answer their oath by defending their friends and allies.

Roleplay in this game will be amazing stories but also be mixing content with story telling.

Looking forward to fighting along side you Master Dwarf @Barrab may we always be on the same side cleaving enemies.

Good man as always!
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Rp community will be calling me Thanos because when i show up they disappear.

Well, we’ll be in active conflict then.
  • Options

Or, maybe you just smell really bad.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options

lmao but only half of them T_T
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »

lmao but only half of them T_T

Got to leave some people to tell the stories ;o
  • Options
    Honestly I don't think hardcore roleplaying is going to be realistically possible in this game. If it's casual roleplay and you don't annoy people with it then I'm sure no one is going to care. The problem is when people start noticing huge groups of players who don't want to play the game or do dungeons and stuff. It gets really annoying differentiating roleplayers from normal players.

Maybe a color tag for it or a title can help avoid that issue. The more people have to ignore to have roleplaying in the game the more roleplayers will probably be hazed. So it has to be done with as few inconveniences to non roleplayers as possible.

Now while player interaction is good. Flat out Hazing is too far in the negative direction. Could result in legal trouble with the company. That's how serious allowing Hazing to exist in this fashion can be. So reducing it as much as possible is a necessity.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

I played on Emerald Dream for years, heard this too many times.
  • Options
    People who only played carebear games have no clue about how hard is facing pvp RPers from full pvp games B)

The pvp RPers will pretty much force people out of the game, this is the reality
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    Honestly I don't think hardcore roleplaying is going to be realistically possible in this game. If it's casual roleplay and you don't annoy people with it then I'm sure no one is going to care. The problem is when people start noticing huge groups of players who don't want to play the game or do dungeons and stuff. It gets really annoying differentiating roleplayers from normal players.

Maybe a color tag for it or a title can help avoid that issue. The more people have to ignore to have roleplaying in the game the more roleplayers will probably be hazed. So it has to be done with as few inconveniences to non roleplayers as possible.

Now while player interaction is good. Flat out Hazing is too far in the negative direction. Could result in legal trouble with the company. That's how serious allowing Hazing to exist in this fashion can be. So reducing it as much as possible is a necessity.

The vast majority of RPers do all content.
  • Options
    Solvryn wrote: »

I'm not like those other false ones, i am absolute the time of the RP is over. I'll send it where I sent the 7th.
  • Options
    Galvyr wrote: »
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »

The vast majority of RPers do all content.

player content, best content
    no dev company ever delivered better content than players
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2023
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    People who only played carebear games have no clue about how hard is facing pvp RPers from full pvp games B)

The pvp RPers will pretty much force people out of the game, this is the reality

I've had some interesting related experiences, yeah.

People end up thinking that RPers are weak in PvP because, harsh as it is to say, a lot of people who are weak in PvP also go 'well I can roleplay at least' and try to join up or band together.

But 'PvP RP players' often have 'becoming strong in PvP' as an explicit part of, or even the goal of, their RP. The driving force of someone who wants to get better at fighting because their character story demands that they do so to protect what they/their character believe in, is hard to match.

The 'person who just wants to dunk on other people but keeps failing' might get frustrated or bored and leave. The 'person who wants to RP peacefully but keeps getting attacked' might get frustrated and leave.
    Fear the one whose RP is that they will fight you if you threaten whatever they believe in or protect, because they are the ones that come back a hundred times.

For the Glory of Tatzelwyrm.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited April 2023
    Azherae wrote: »

But 'PvP RP players' often have 'becoming strong in PvP' as an explicit part of, or even the goal of, their RP. The driving force of someone who wants to get better at fighting

Yes, the PvP RPers are no joke, they will come as a shiver of sharks and eat your entire guild and force people out of the game
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    Azherae wrote: »

But 'PvP RP players' often have 'becoming strong in PvP' as an explicit part of, or even the goal of, their RP. The driving force of someone who wants to get better at fighting

Yes, the PvP RPers are no joke, they will come as a shiver of sharks and eat your entire guild and force people out of the game

This is what I sometimes think Ashes is banking on. That those who PvP RP are at least somewhat likely to work with and defend others as you often 'suggest'.

They have a lot of niche systems that have the flexibility that only seems to be needed by this player type, but I'm not sure, since some of them seem to have degraded a bit.

Or more likely it's just my arrogance because that's how I'd do it and for me 'giving people the benefit of the doubt' is pretty equivalent to 'assuming they would do what I'd do'.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think rp players will be fine. Even if they dont join the official unofficial rp server for their region i think there will still be enough lone people on regular servers interested in it to create their own space.

cn70rutu01cs.gif
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    It’s a possibility. I would still recommend RPers to join a concentrated RP player server. It will just make their play experiences much easier.
  • Options
    Thoghli RamheartThoghli Ramheart Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Galvyr you already know my group has your back. Bring on the PVP and the RP PVP.

Plus as @Barrab has stated, bring on the challengers. Larger PVX rp guilds like Mithril Warhammers, Dunhold, and my own guild fully intend to not only actively hunt griefers but to fight larger threats. Besides it will be fun when someone encroaches on the Dwarven holds and an army of Elves show up to answer their oath by defending their friends and allies.

Roleplay in this game will be amazing stories but also be mixing content with story telling.

Looking forward to fighting along side you Master Dwarf @Barrab may we always be on the same side cleaving enemies.

The army of elves answering the call for aide, what a noble idea! :)
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Solvryn wrote: »

I'm not like those other false ones, i am absolute the time of the RP is over. I'll send it where I sent the 7th.

I heard this too brother.

And they left as soon as they came.

RP PvP servers house some of the best open world PvPers in the genre.

Regular PvPers might do arenas and battlegrounds better, but never have I ever seen them do OWPvP better than RPPvPers on WoW.

Emerald Dream players wear the crown of OWPvP.