Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Freeholds: do you want a PvP settings for your freehold?

124»

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    So... the naive PvPer and the smart carebear will go for PvP freeholds, but smart PvPer and naive carebear will get the safe freehold
    The smart carebears won't be playing Ashes of Creation because it's a PvP-centric game.
    And, yeah, different playstyles will have different concepts of what "fun" is.
    Which is precisely why it's common for MMORPGs to have separate servers devoted to diferent playstyles, so play the game based on how they like to have fun.

• Options
    volshvolsh Member
    Voxtrium wrote: »
    I don't want anyone to be able to attack me on my freehold. Nobody flagged red or purple should be capable of entering a freehold area.

Agreed, surely is this was enabled it gives carte blanche to anyone (or more than likely groups!) to constantly gank you and stop you from nurturing your own patch, especially if you are not part of a large guild and have back-up to rely on. I'm not 100% up to date on this but freeholds are within city boundaries or are they small settlements you create just outside ?
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    So... the naive PvPer and the smart carebear will go for PvP freeholds, but smart PvPer and naive carebear will get the safe freehold
    The smart carebears won't be playing Ashes of Creation because it's a PvP-centric game.
    And, yeah, different playstyles will have different concepts of what "fun" is.
    Which is precisely why it's common for MMORPGs to have separate servers devoted to diferent playstyles, so play the game based on how they like to have fun.

I believe many hundreds of thousands, maybe a few milions, carebears will try Ashes, this is for sure, EVE Online has a lot of carebears 20 years later after it's launch... it is full of carebears to this day.

This is because people are very attracted to genres and themes, then they find their spot in that universe anyway even if they are very pve centric
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited March 2023
    volsh wrote: »
    Voxtrium wrote: »
    I don't want anyone to be able to attack me on my freehold. Nobody flagged red or purple should be capable of entering a freehold area.

Agreed, surely is this was enabled it gives carte blanche to anyone (or more than likely groups!) to constantly gank you and stop you from nurturing your own patch, especially if you are not part of a large guild and have back-up to rely on. I'm not 100% up to date on this but freeholds are within city boundaries or are they small settlements you create just outside ?

A freehold is a land plot with a house built on it within the zone of influence of a node, it can be distant from the city

The interior of this house is pvp free, so if you are working around the house and people come by, you can pretty much walk into the house safely. This is because this is enough, plus if you are working with your pvp setting on green then people can't stun you... so that will make sure you can literally walk/run inside and escape any threat

In the past the entire land plot of the freehold was safe, now it is just a normal place just like going outside the city, it has regular PvP with flagging and corruption on. The only safe place is inside the house
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.