Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Shop Items

I have been watching the game develop since I saw the Kickstarter launch in May of 2017. I never had the money to buy a pack so I never looked into the items. I have recently looked into the packs that have been sold and have seen stuff that looks amazing as certain pieces. Are the going to be cycles of the cosmetics or let people buy what they want (past and future) if they do buy a pack?

I know I should have just bite the bullet years ago but I'm just curious on it since they make a new one each month.

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    They're all one-timers. You can't buy stuff from the past.
  • Options
    Well that's a rip.... I don't see why they do that when its just wasting model assets
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Nephleim wrote: »
    Well that's a rip.... I don't see why they do that when its just wasting model assets
    The models are not wasted because they're made for npcs in the first place. And it's done for fomo reasons, so that more people get tempted to buy in.
  • Options
    NephleimNephleim Member
    edited April 2023
    NiKr wrote: »
    And it's done for fomo reasons, so that more people get tempted to buy in.

Nah, this is just making stuff over exclusive to drive people to constantly buy if they "might" want to use it for its available only once. it creates more issues in the long run with players that want to be a collector and now can't because everything has been forced exclusivifed. if they wanted to tempt then open it up (at least until actual launch)... more people would be extremely more open to buying in if they can buy 1 pack that was custom built that they can choose what they get and with the option to buy anything in a pack (past and future). not everyone can buy a $60 dollar mount each month to make sure to have it... or have a spare $250 laying around just to have the option of it later. this is a bad model to go with.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Iirc there's no items over $35 in the packs. But Steven has already addressed this. He's a collector and appreciates rare things. Those who've been with the game since the start will be the ultimate collectors. Anyone else will have to deal with the release-onwards collection.

They know they can make more money by just selling it all. Steven is not interested in that currently.
  • Options
    I appreciates rare stuff to. I love grinding and doing labor for something that is rare and hard to find. and earnable to make it rare.

Force buy is not rare. its elite exclusive. theres a massive difference and its unfair to count making items "exclusive" as rare. if it was an in-game event thats fine. everyone had the chance to get it. forced buy isn't
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    this is a bad model to go with.

as a collector, I am very happy that you can't get the same exclusive stuff I bought years ago, I wouldn't have bought them if they weren't exclusive

as said previously, they don't put any work in making exclusive assets these are all NPCs / buildings to populate the world that in most games you never have access to anyways

they will make unique skins for players and sell them in the future, no need to buy a 375$ pack
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Force buy is not rare. its elite exclusive. theres a massive difference and its unfair to count making items "exclusive" as rare. if it was an in-game event thats fine. everyone had the chance to get it. forced buy isn't
    Which is why I said that it's about fomo. No collector in the game will respect the pre-release cosmetics, so it won't matter. And if it does matter to someone - they've already lost, because they'll never get any of the older cosmetics.
  • Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited April 2023
    I might be sounding like a broken record at this point, but Steven also stresses the fact that in-game achievable cosmetic variants will be better than the cash shop originals.

There’s a lot of assets we haven’t seen yet … but I like to think that he’s true to his word.

Nah, this is just making stuff over exclusive to drive people to constantly buy if they "might" want to use it for its available only once.

Whenever someone tells off Nikr (one of the biggest contributors to the Forums), I get a little chuckle inside. :)
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Steven knows they'd make more money selling them forever on a shop. But he likes exclusitivity, along with the idea that people purchased through faith since you can't see the ingame models.

There's going to be more "season" exclusive skins when the game releases.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    There will be in-game achieve-able variants of everything in the cash shop, with the sentiment from SS that the "best"-looking variants should come from the highest-level content, such as raids and legendary bosses.

Toss your accusations of FOMO around, elsewhere....

• Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Iirc there's no items over $35 in the packs. But Steven has already addressed this. He's a collector and appreciates rare things. Those who've been with the game since the start will be the ultimate collectors. Anyone else will have to deal with the release-onwards collection.

They know they can make more money by just selling it all. Steven is not interested in that currently.

This is more-or-less the case. Steven believes that there's something special about rarity and exclusivity in MMORPGs. These cosmetics are a way to fill the game with these unique things, support the project, and provide something to the players who choose to support the project by buying limited-time cosmetics <3
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    BaSkA_9x2BaSkA_9x2 Member
    edited April 2023
    If you can save 20-25 dollars a month, you'll probably have enough money to buy the Voyager Pre-Order Package by the time Alpha 2 finally begins.

And don't worry about FOMO, future or past cosmetics: I have hope that most of the cash shop cosmetics will be worse than the transmogs you'll be able to unlock by playing the game. And even if that's not the case, who cares, I'd rather destroy people while looking like a hobo than get rekt while looking like a badass.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    LineagerLineager Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Few people will consider what will be tied to an account as collective. Still, this is a sandbox and here cosmetics should be transferable, tradable, giftable. It is clear that this cannot be done with cosmetics for real money, since people will sell them for gold - in such a way that it is not good and mostly close to P2W. But still collectible and exclusive will be what can be obtained in the game and kept for yourself, or sold for good price to another collector.
  • Options
    Vaknar wrote: »

This is more-or-less the case. Steven believes that there's something special about rarity and exclusivity in MMORPGs. These cosmetics are a way to fill the game with these unique things, support the project, and provide something to the players who choose to support the project by buying limited-time cosmetics <3

oh, please Steven thinks this is the best way to screw as much money as possible out of people.

This has been strategized to what will make the most money, and that's the route you have gone, none other.

Anyone who actually believes different, I've got this luverly bridge for sale in London, lots of foot traffic ...
    The Immortals
    • We Lived a Thousand Lives, United we Stand.
    • Recruitment
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Nemeses wrote: »

oh, please Steven thinks this is the best way to screw as much money as possible out of people.

This has been strategized to what will make the most money, and that's the route you have gone, none other.

Anyone who actually believes different, I've got this luverly bridge for sale in London, lots of foot traffic ...

@nemeses if Intrepid were trying to make as much money as possible, they wouldn't simply stop selling items forever.

The logical way to make the most money is to continue to sell.

Your argument here (and your anger) would be perfectly valid if Intrepid decided to suddenly make all items previously stated as being an exclusive of some form available for purchase.

As long as they are not doing that, then the above post is simply a show of you venting anger at something other than what you have typed out.
  • Options
    NemesesNemeses Member
    edited April 2023
    Noaani wrote: »

@nemeses if Intrepid were trying to make as much money as possible, they wouldn't simply stop selling items forever.

Your argument here (and your anger) would be perfectly valid if Intrepid decided to suddenly make all items previously stated as being an exclusive of some form available for purchase.

As long as they are not doing that, then the above post is simply a show of you venting anger at something other than what you have typed out.

Yes they would, it drives up the demand, I honestly worry about how people think at times, its nothing to add a new skin and resell them again later as a different item.

Do you honestly believe they did not sit down and strategies the best way these items could make money. They can keep putting these out every month, slight tweak, new item, cash, thankyou.

Its all about the bottom, line, pretty ridiculous if you believe different. (and so it should be)

But then I've been in MMO, for over 30 years, seen it all, and the one constant, is the fanbois blindness!
    The Immortals
    • Recruitment
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Yes they would, it drives up the demand, I honestly worry about how people think at times, its nothing to add a new skin and resell them again later as a different item.

Do you honestly believe they did not sit down and strategies the best way these items could make money. They can keep putting these out every month, slight tweak, new item, cash, thankyou.

Its all about the bottom, line, pretty ridiculous if you believe different. (and so it should be)

But then I've been in MMO, for over 30 years, seen it all, and the one constant, is the fanbois blindness!
    And if they do that, I hope you'll be there to call them out and show others that Intrepid is doing shady shit. And if you have some examples of that rn, I'll gladly join you in calling Intrepid out. But rn you seem to be creating a problem out of nothing and pushing the panic related to that problem onto others.
  • Options
    NemesesNemeses Member
    edited April 2023

And if they do that, I hope you'll be there to call them out and show others that Intrepid is doing shady shit. And if you have some examples of that rn, I'll gladly join you in calling Intrepid out. But rn you seem to be creating a problem out of nothing and pushing the panic related to that problem onto others.

Who said they doing anything shady? or are you one of those fanbois, who read into a post what they want, and not what’s actually said.

All I said, is they doing what they can to maximise, their earnings, and rightly so.

The Immortals
    • Recruitment
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    All I said, is they doing what they can to maximise, their earnings, and rightly so.
    Do you truly believe that they wouldn't make more money if they sold their cosmetics all the time instead of during exclusive sales?

Because I personally don't believe that and the only way to assume that's true is if they plan to start "reselling" them with just tiny tweaks to color or smth like that (pretty much what Bliz like to do afaik). And that's why I said what I said.
  • Options
    Do you truly believe that they wouldn't make more money if they sold their cosmetics all the time instead of during exclusive sales?

Because I personally don't believe that and the only way to assume that's true is if they plan to start "reselling" them with just tiny tweaks to color or smth like that (pretty much what Bliz like to do afaik). And that's why I said what I said.

No, no, you right, whom I to disagree with the fanboi.

Carry on now.

😂😂😂😂
    The Immortals
    • Recruitment
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member

Carry on now.
    You seem way more defensive about your views than us, so-called fanbois. You came here accusing Intrepid of "trying to get as much money out of people as possible", yet your only basis for that opinion is "well, I said so, so it must be true".

I've seen a ton of people ask Intrepid for separate sales of cosmetics. I've seen polls with hundreds of votes asking the same. This, to me, implies that there'd be a huge demand for cosmetic sales if they weren't tied to several hundred dollar testing keys.

I've also seen people ask whether they can purchase older cosmetics, because they love their look (case in point this very thread). This also implies that there's a demand for older cosmetics.

Both of those implications lead me to believe that Intrepid would've made way more money if they just kept selling all of their old stuff, while also selling keys separately. But they don't. So, could you please provide any kind of reasoning for why you think Intrepid's doing what they're doing instead of maximizing their immediate profits?
  • Options

Carry on now.
    You seem way more defensive about your views than us, so-called fanbois. You came here accusing Intrepid of "trying to get as much money out of people as possible", yet your only basis for that opinion is "well, I said so, so it must be true".

I've seen a ton of people ask Intrepid for separate sales of cosmetics. I've seen polls with hundreds of votes asking the same. This, to me, implies that there'd be a huge demand for cosmetic sales if they weren't tied to several hundred dollar testing keys.

I've also seen people ask whether they can purchase older cosmetics, because they love their look (case in point this very thread). This also implies that there's a demand for older cosmetics.

Both of those implications lead me to believe that Intrepid would've made way more money if they just kept selling all of their old stuff, while also selling keys separately. But they don't. So, could you please provide any kind of reasoning for why you think Intrepid's doing what they're doing instead of maximizing their immediate profits?

Yup, you right.

😂😂😂😂
    The Immortals
    • Recruitment
  • Options

Yes they would, it drives up the demand

The demand on items 4 years ago is significantly lower than the demand that same item would have a week after launch.

Do you honestly believe they did not sit down and strategies the best way these items could make money.
    Yes, I do believe they did not do that.

When I joined this community, there were perhaps 25,000 people that knew about the game - and yet there were already cosmetics no longer available. At launch, this game will have over a million subscribers.

It stands to basic, kindergarten level reason that if the idea is to maximize profit, you sell to that million+ customer base, not the 25,000 customer base.

The very fact that Intrepid have limited sales of things they could have unlimited sales of, that people still want to buy, says it is not about maximizing profit.
  • Options

The demand on items 4 years ago is significantly lower than the demand that same item would have a week after launch.

Do you honestly believe they did not sit down and strategies the best way these items could make money.

When I joined this community, there were perhaps 25,000 people that knew about the game - and yet there were already cosmetics no longer available. At launch, this game will have over a million subscribers.

It stands to basic, kindergarten level reason that if the idea is to maximize profit, you sell to that million+ customer base, not the 25,000 customer base.

The very fact that Intrepid have limited sales of things they could have unlimited sales of, that people still want to buy, says it is not about maximizing profit.

As I said you guys are right, I never argue with the fanbois, they always right.
    The Immortals
    • Recruitment
  • Options

As I said you guys are right, I never argue with the fanbois, they always right.

As someone who has bought literally zero cosmetics, I am far from a fanboi of the cosmetics in Ashes.

As someone that has openly said Ashes is probably going to have 150,000 players at the most 18 months after launch, you couldn't really call me a fanboi of the game or the developer.

What you could call me a fanboi of is the truth - or at least the truth from my perspective. I'll always call out bullshit when I see it on these forums, which is why I called out your bullshit.

Nothing to do with being a fanboi of Intrepid, Ashes or the cosmetic store. Everything to do with you being objectively wrong.

The thing is, you know this is true. You are arguing that Intrepid should drop the model they have now, so that you can spend more money on things they are selling. You wouldnt be arguing this point if that were not the case.
  • Options

As someone who has bought literally zero cosmetics, I am far from a fanboi of the cosmetics in Ashes.

As someone that has openly said Ashes is probably going to have 150,000 players at the most 18 months after launch, you couldn't really call me a fanboi of the game or the developer.

What you could call me a fanboi of is the truth - or at least the truth from my perspective. I'll always call out bullshit when I see it on these forums, which is why I called out your bullshit.

Nothing to do with being a fanboi of Intrepid, Ashes or the cosmetic store. Everything to do with you being objectively wrong.

The thing is, you know this is true. You are arguing that Intrepid should drop the model they have now, so that you can spend more money on things they are selling. You wouldnt be arguing this point if that were not the case.

I said you were right, yet, you still trying argue your point. (it’s what those pesky fanbois do, batter batter batter)

Me wonders if thou does protest to much
    😂😂😂😂
    The Immortals
    • Recruitment
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I said you were right, yet, you still trying argue your point. (it’s what those pesky fanbois do, batter batter batter)

Stating "you are right" and the calling the other person a fanboi is the same as saying "you haven't convinced me because I refuse to listen, but I also have no actual arguments left to make so I'll attempt to exit this by saying you're right and then calling you a fanboi so other people reading know that I don't actually think you are right".

That us just another one of those pieces of bullshit that I wont let stand - just like unsaid above.

I mean, everyone here can see right through you. You are upset because you feel you need to get all the cosmetics, but you cant, and so are here bitching that Intrepid are trying to get "maximum profits" by not selling a thing to you that you want to buy.

Also, ita you that is here protesting, not me.
  • Options

Carry on now.

😂😂😂😂

Why are you mad?
  • Options

Stating "you are right" and the calling the other person a fanboi is the same as saying "you haven't convinced me because I refuse to listen, but I also have no actual arguments left to make so I'll attempt to exit this by saying you're right and then calling you a fanboi so other people reading know that I don't actually think you are right".

That us just another one of those pieces of bullshit that I wont let stand - just like unsaid above.

I mean, everyone here can see right through you. You are upset because you feel you need to get all the cosmetics, but you cant, and so are here bitching that Intrepid are trying to get "maximum profits" by not selling a thing to you that you want to buy.

Also, ita you that is here protesting, not me.

No, as I said, you fanbois, know far more than me, hence your large wall of text

😂😂😂
    The Immortals
    • Recruitment