Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Shop Items

2»

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Nemeses wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    I said you were right, yet, you still trying argue your point. (it’s what those pesky fanbois do, batter batter batter)

Me wonders if thou does protest to much

Stating "you are right" and the calling the other person a fanboi is the same as saying "you haven't convinced me because I refuse to listen, but I also have no actual arguments left to make so I'll attempt to exit this by saying you're right and then calling you a fanboi so other people reading know that I don't actually think you are right".

That us just another one of those pieces of bullshit that I wont let stand - just like unsaid above.

I mean, everyone here can see right through you. You are upset because you feel you need to get all the cosmetics, but you cant, and so are here bitching that Intrepid are trying to get "maximum profits" by not selling a thing to you that you want to buy.

Also, ita you that is here protesting, not me.

No, as I said, you fanbois, know far more than me, hence your large wall of text
    I mean, it's obvious we do, but it isnt because of the quantity of writing.

For you, it's the things you say (Intrepid are trying to maximize their profits by refusing to sell items to you, for example) that highlight how much you know.
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    it's just a simple concept, exclusivity, and yet...
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Just like Swiss watches, expensive cars, fine wines and top shelf Irish whisky....limit supply so that you don't meet demand. @Nemeses a sophomore level Macro Economics class (or just reading their textbook) will show you that @Noaani is correct.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    tautau wrote: »
    Just like Swiss watches, expensive cars, fine wines and top shelf Irish whisky....limit supply so that you don't meet demand. Nemeses, a sophomore level Macro Economics class (or just reading their textbook) will show you that Noaani is correct.
    Pfft, you're just a fanboi. Nothing you say can be trusted. And all those economics people? Fanbois.
  • Options
    I said you were right, yet, you still trying argue your point. (it’s what those pesky fanbois do, batter batter batter)

Stating "you are right" and the calling the other person a fanboi is the same as saying "you haven't convinced me because I refuse to listen, but I also have no actual arguments left to make so I'll attempt to exit this by saying you're right and then calling you a fanboi so other people reading know that I don't actually think you are right".

That us just another one of those pieces of bullshit that I wont let stand - just like unsaid above.

I mean, everyone here can see right through you. You are upset because you feel you need to get all the cosmetics, but you cant, and so are here bitching that Intrepid are trying to get "maximum profits" by not selling a thing to you that you want to buy.

No, as I said, you fanbois, know far more than me, hence your large wall of text

For you, it's the things you say (Intrepid are trying to maximize their profits by refusing to sell items to you, for example) that highlight how much you know.

Yup

😂😂😂😂😂
    The Immortals
    • We Lived a Thousand Lives, United we Stand.
    • Recruitment
  • Options

Yup

😂😂😂😂😂

The only thing worse than people that insist companies not selling them products they want to buy are trying to maximize profits, are people that post on forums with more emojis than letters.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    wt6nauk3q0ob.png

lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Natasha wrote: »
    wt6nauk3q0ob.png

Yeah, that one hit a little too close to home for me, too...
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    NemesesNemeses Member
    edited April 2023

Yup

😂😂😂😂😂

The only thing worse than people that insist companies not selling them products they want to buy are trying to maximize profits, are people that post on forums with more emojis than letters.

I know far better than to argue with the fanbois, they just gang up, and spout walls of text. Nor have I insisted they sell me anything, but like all fanbois, you read into post what you prefer to see, and not what’s actually said.

There more words than emojis.

😳
    The Immortals
    • Recruitment
  • Options

Yup

😂😂😂😂😂

I know far better than to argue with the fanbois, they just gang up, and spout walls of text. Nor have I insisted they sell me anything, but like all fanbois, you read into post what you prefer to see, and not what’s actually said.

😳

That is a much better ratio. My preference for ratio of letters to emojis in an MMO is */0, however, the above is acceptable.

Also, you have given no reason for calling anyone in this thread a fanboi. The only reason you have that I can see is that people disagree with you.

That doesnt make us fanbois, it just makes you wrong.
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    OG backer here. Who has the right to tell me what to do with my fun money? Same could be said for anyone buying cosmetics. Also there is nothing wrong with being a fan of a game. It's just a dumb game in a long line of stupid games, us gamer nerds have been playing since pong. Why fight over games?
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have no problem with the store being driven by FOMO. I like specific things and I buy them. I don't have to have everything and frankly some of the stuff has to me been really ugly to look at.

That being said I do take issue with how the flavor text is often used and then translated over to Twitter posts. If you do not follow this game closely it could be VERY easy to think you were buying items that brought use and not just looks.
  • Options
    Fantmx wrote: »
    I have no problem with the store being driven by FOMO. I like specific things and I buy them. I don't have to have everything and frankly some of the stuff has to me been really ugly to look at.

That being said I do take issue with how the flavor text is often used and then translated over to Twitter posts. If you do not follow this game closely it could be VERY easy to think you were buying items that brought use and not just looks.

I mean, that is what you get for using Twitter, imo.
  • Options
    NemesesNemeses Member
    edited April 2023

Yup

😂😂😂😂😂

😳

That is a much better ratio. My preference for ratio of letters to emojis in an MMO is */0, however, the above is acceptable.

Also, you have given no reason for calling anyone in this thread a fanboi. The only reason you have that I can see is that people disagree with you.

That doesnt make us fanbois, it just makes you wrong.

You are still, battering away at this..... crazy, but then fanbois, never stop.
    The Immortals
    • Recruitment
  • Options
    NemesesNemeses Member
    edited April 2023
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    OG backer here. Who has the right to tell me what to do with my fun money? Same could be said for anyone buying cosmetics. Also there is nothing wrong with being a fan of a game. It's just a dumb game in a long line of stupid games, us gamer nerds have been playing since pong. Why fight over games?

Again, another fanboi reply, why you ask? because no where not once in any form what's-so-ever did I ever try tell anyone how to spend their money.

I have no issue with people buying this, be crazy to, all the money spent, will just hopefully turn out a better game.

The only thing I really said, which got all the fanbois hopping, was that AoC sat down and worked out the very best way to monetise these items, and gone with that. (if they hadn't, would say very little about their business acumen. Which in turn would worry me about the longevity of the game)

Will answer one more thing, people who think that by not selling them anymore, is not the most profitable way, really do not understand it. Having them locked to a set period then no more is by far the best strategy.
    The Immortals
    • Recruitment
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    Will answer one more thing, people who think that by not selling them anymore, is not the most profitable way, really do not understand it. Having them locked to a set period then no more is by far the best strategy.

I'm not sure that is a correct assessment. The AoC population of potential buyers has not yet been established, right now the universe of buyers are only the few people who are even aware of the game.

In the next couple of years and several alpha/betas later, there will be many more people hearing about the game and while they could all be potential purchasers of past cosmetic items, they will not be afforded the opportunity, so this isn't really maximizing revenue when the customer base is still so small. They really are leaving money on the table, now and into the future.

• Options
    edited April 2023

Again, another fanboi reply, why you ask? because no where not once in any form what's-so-ever did I ever try tell anyone how to spend their money.

I have no issue with people buying this, be crazy to, all the money spent, will just hopefully turn out a better game.

The only thing I really said, which got all the fanbois hopping, was that AoC sat down and worked out the very best way to monetise these items, and gone with that. (if they hadn't, would say very little about their business acumen. Which in turn would worry me about the longevity of the game)
    Your exact words were "Steven thinks this is the best way to screw as much money as possible out of people."

If you now wish to state that what you meant to say was that you think this is a sound business decision, you really need to work on your communication skills.
    Actually no.

In order for this to be true, you need to assume a stagnant or shrinking community base.

Since Ashes communitybhas grown significantly since 2017 when they started this, they absolutely could have sold more of basically every early cosmetic if they didnt have a limited time on them.

Further to that point, when requested by the community, they were happy to leave one particular set of cosmetics available for an extended period since many people were in temporary uncertain circumstances (early 2020). Not the actions of someone trying to screw as much money out of people as possible.

The correct way to screw as much money out of people as possible would to have all pre-launch cosmetics available to purchase until launch day, so as to expose all of them to as many potential buyers as possible, and then once the game is launched to start with limited time sales of new cosmetics. Since all the pre-launch cosmetics are still going to stop being offered, you still pick up all the FOMO and collectors in the community, you just happen to have a community that is about 100 times the size.

That is the way you "screw as much money out of people as you can".
  • Options
    NemesesNemeses Member
    edited April 2023

Your exact words were "Steven thinks this is the best way to screw as much money as possible out of people."

If you now wish to state that what you meant to say was that you think this is a sound business decision, you really need to work on your communication skills.
    Actually no.

In order for this to be true, you need to assume a stagnant or shrinking community base.

Since Ashes communitybhas grown significantly since 2017 when they started this, they absolutely could have sold more of basically every early cosmetic if they didnt have a limited time on them.

Further to that point, when requested by the community, they were happy to leave one particular set of cosmetics available for an extended period since many people were in temporary uncertain circumstances (early 2020). Not the actions of someone trying to screw as much money out of people as possible.

The correct way to screw as much money out of people as possible would to have all pre-launch cosmetics available to purchase until launch day, so as to expose all of them to as many potential buyers as possible, and then once the game is launched to start with limited time sales of new cosmetics. Since all the pre-launch cosmetics are still going to stop being offered, you still pick up all the FOMO and collectors in the community, you just happen to have a community that is about 100 times the size.

That is the way you "screw as much money out of people as you can".

You talking rot again, how does, me saying screw the money out of people, mean I’m opposed to people buying these items, again, as I said typical fanboi reading into things that’s not said.

Sound business decisions or not, it’s still being strategised to get the most money possible, so both are true, and yet again you wrong, but it’s seems to be the norm for you.

I’m sure you will type some more tripe.. probably again, saying I said something I clearly did not.

But hey that’s fanbois, tunnel vision.

(Side note I only read your wall of text to the part you got wrong, so pretty much only the first line, hence no reply to the rest, as I’m sure it’s just more drivel).
    The Immortals
    • Recruitment
  • Options

You talking rot again, how does, me saying screw the money out of people, mean I’m opposed to people buying these items, again, as I said typical fanboi reading into things that’s not said.
    As I said, if that isn't what you meant, then work on your communication skills.

If what you means to say was "I think the method Intrepid have put in place is a good way to maximize their profit, and this is sound business", then that is what you say. You do not say that they are doing it to "screw people out of their money".

If you look over the thread, you'll perhaps note that I am not the only person that took what you said in that manner. If we are now to assume that the above is what you actually mean (I don't, I am working on the assumption that you are just trying to save face), then the communication issue is 100% on your part.

Stop trying to hand off your own shortcomings on to others, own said shortcomings, and then work on improving them.
  • Options

As I said, if that isn't what you meant, then work on your communication skills.

If what you means to say was "I think the method Intrepid have put in place is a good way to maximize their profit, and this is sound business", then that is what you say. You do not say that they are doing it to "screw people out of their money".

If you look over the thread, you'll perhaps note that I am not the only person that took what you said in that manner. If we are now to assume that the above is what you actually mean (I don't, I am working on the assumption that you are just trying to save face), then the communication issue is 100% on your part.

Stop trying to hand off your own shortcomings on to others, own said shortcomings, and then work on improving them.

It seems like being ‘wrong’ is your go to situation..and again, I only read the first line.
    The rest will just be drivel.
    The Immortals
    • Recruitment
  • Options
    Everybody in this thread who thinks they are right should stop and read a book called "Influence" by Robert Cialdini, and then realize how wrong you are :D
  • Options
    tautau wrote: »
    Just like Swiss watches, expensive cars, fine wines and top shelf Irish whisky....limit supply so that you don't meet demand. @Nemeses a sophomore level Macro Economics class (or just reading their textbook) will show you that @Noaani is correct.

Except that your argument is exactly what I’m saying….

😂😂😂😂

The Immortals
    • Recruitment
  • Options
    NephleimNephleim Member
    edited October 2023
    Vaknar wrote: »
    NiKr wrote: »
    Steven believes that there's something special about rarity and exclusivity in MMORPGs. These cosmetics are a way to fill the game with these unique things, support the project, and provide something to the players who choose to support the project by buying limited-time cosmetics <3

There's rewarding players with rewards for buying early and there's ways to make exclusive items for cosmetics.

However putting them behind a $ sign and forcing them to be pay at least $375(before tax) to even have the option let alone early enough in the development of the game to have options of choice is wrong. You also making it a forced exclusive instead of a proper one. AKA: not everyone has a fair chance to get this item (timed and price point to even get the chance). If the game had launched and this was in game were every player no matter who it is had a chance fine. let it happen. but not everyone had equal chances at all the items.