Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Sleep is OP

13»

Comments

• Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited May 2023
    Sengarden wrote: »
    Are we really having a conversation this lengthy about a spell being “overpowered” when we haven’t even seen the various classes fighting each other in the current iteration phase? Only half of them have even had their second public iteration showcased, and each representing a less than halfway to max level character. Sure, this may be a concern at some point, like when it actually matters at all. But I really don’t think we have much info to go on to tell Intrepid how it should be “fixed”.

You and I haven’t seen that ability or any other new versions of abilities perform in PVP combat, so what exactly are you pulling your fears and subsequent suggestions from? Other games, I imagine. Let’s wait to see how this ability works in this game with the rest of these classes at a relevant level of power, then provide actually useful, specific feedback on these types of concerns.

Exactly but people are to busy dooms day posting and nitpicking while comparing alpha combat to finished games. We need to see how things work to know what is a issue as I've been saying.

Everyone is aware cc locked forever is aids. I enjoy having preemptive protections from CC (super armour), and ways to break out of it with your own skills while being cc'd is one of the most fun and feels very impactful, allies being able to remove status effects off you is also great.

I enjoy the way cc's feel when you use them and them add a lot tot he impact on your skills to others. Bdo is a great example in making it more satisfying when you hit lands. So being able to mini stagger, knock them up, knock them back, etc. (Please don't say I'm suggesting BDO level iframes and super armour I'm simply saying the effects of the cc's are dynamic and interesting when your ability connects). Having the feel of combat to be able to push characters around helps make fights feel further less than static.
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Seems fine to me. CC as it was meant to be.
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2023
    Perfectly valid to raise concerns over skills that could be abused by Zerglords.

But they want you to test it first.
  • Options
    VissoxVissox Member
    While we are on the topic of CC can we at least all agree that stagger hit stun bullshit like the PVP in lost ark should not be in the game? Some people were talking about it in a discord I'm in, I'm not interested in playing a fighting game mmo. At all.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Diminishing returns should prevent cc spam. There should be breaks in cc where cc has no effect.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Vissox wrote: »
    While we are on the topic of CC can we at least all agree that stagger hit stun bullshit like the PVP in lost ark should not be in the game? Some people were talking about it in a discord I'm in, I'm not interested in playing a fighting game mmo. At all.

I have no issue with stagger as a cc, though not int he way lost ark did it. I prefer BDO way of using it. So it would just be some skills have stagger, which is a much lighter cc than full stun.

Issue with lost ark was stagger without much down time between stuns and it cacelled a lot of your moves depending on the class you play. Also Lost ark pvp is dog crap.
  • Options
    Sleep failed to apply to the Rock Elemental at first. Not sure why but it comes across as not totally overpowered right now.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Neurath wrote: »
    Sleep failed to apply to the Rock Elemental at first. Not sure why but it comes across as not totally overpowered right now.
    I'd imagine there's gonna be a ton of resistances and buffs and debuffs related to these kinds of effects. People started panicking about it, but I think they did so because they're used to 100% debuff chances or smth.
  • Options
    MarcetMarcet Member
    Crying about balance on an Alpha stage game, welcome to 2023 gaming.
  • Options
    A lot of people are crying lol. Even a out feedback in general :)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Just crazy instead of giving feedback or brainstorming some ideas they go to instant crying of pre alpha 2. But i guess that is the internet for you.

My logic - start thread saying the strengths and weakness of a skill and brain storming ideas between that and the class in general they would like to see.

Reality - waaah it is broken even if I don't know how the game works so I'm going to assume everything is broken and cant be balanced. que clickbait thread title.
  • Options
    Strength of Sleep: Great for Enchanter in DnD. A really useful and powerful spell. Can turn fights from 4vs4 to 4vs3 but you'll have to fight the remnant when sleep wears off. Has no real downsides if the dice are in your favour. An excellent control spell and worth the investment.

Weakness of Sleep: Place on the Mage for some reason. Not clear how a Mage has Enchantment Magic but Enchanter is under Summoner. Could be because some Enchanters get familiars and some Mages don't. I guess we'll find out when Summoner is revealed.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    So is this spell only for close up combat? I don't see how this would work for a ranged mage using staff unless they change up stat of spell and animation of it.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    It has a 30m range, you could blink forward, cast sleep and then do whatever for the duration.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif