Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Tea-bagging bannable

Teabagging, in my opinion, is comparable to pulling someone's pants down. It's essentially okay as long as everyone is laughing with friends. The victim may feel hurt or embarrassed, but there is always a possibility for them to avenge themselves afterward. If you pull down someone's pants in a group of guys who don't really know each other but are all laughing, there's likely to be great applause and a nice team-building activity taking place. You know you've gone too far if you pull down a woman's pants.

Naturally, teasing someone does not involve removing their pants. When someone is lying on the ground, either dead or dying, it is customary to kneel down over their avatar. I suppose their lips would be the teacup if the teabags were your balls. It is a profoundly patriarchal act, one that is influenced by sexual domination. Most of the time, teabagging doesn't cause much of a fuss. You observed this at Fate Legion while playing with friends and laughing, and you were shocked—possibly outraged—to learn that you had been disqualified. Again, I find it to be fairly absurd. But there are also instances when it's more significant, and it's an indication of how toxic things are when no discussion of the subject is tolerated.

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    I support genderless abuse. Remove kneeling and just add "sitting on the ground". This way instead of teabagging you'd be sitting on their dead face, and that's a genderless action, cause everyone has an ass.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Perhaps the question is whether or not sexual harassment (verbal or via game actions) should be an action that gets a player banned? Similarly, are racial or ethnic or LGBTQ harassment something to get a player banned?

Personally, I do not want to play with people who do such things.

I am confident that IS has considered such actions and has a plan.
  • Options
    OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    NiKr wrote: »
    I support genderless abuse. Remove kneeling and just add "sitting on the ground". This way instead of teabagging you'd be sitting on their dead face, and that's a genderless action, cause everyone has an ass.

lol. My first exposure to this phenomenon was back in DAOC, 20 years ago. We called it asshatting. Same motion basically, doing an emote or crouch that places your ass on the dead player's head. At some point I guess it morphed into teabagging. Or maybe it always was teabagging and we just knew it as asshatting in our DAOC circles.

I take the bold position on this issue of don't care. Make a rule about it one way or the other, settled. I have never asshatted or teabagged anyone, ever. Literally never. Don't care that others do it, even done to me. I just don't do it myself.

What I have done though...I'd mount up on my horse at a bank, or a just a city area with other players. And I'd position my horse with it's ass in another players face. Repeatedly. They move a couple feet, I move a couple feet with them, horse ass in face. Some people don't even notice it, I mean it's third person, hard to notice sometimes. But some people would come to this slow realization, hey this fucker keeps putting his horse's ass in my face lol.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Okeydoke wrote: »
    What I have done though...I'd mount up on my horse at a bank, or a just a city area with other players. And I'd position my horse with it's ass in another players face. Repeatedly. They move a couple feet, I move a couple feet with them, horse ass in face. Some people don't even notice it, I mean it's third person, hard to notice sometimes. But some people would come to this slow realization, hey this fucker keeps putting his horse's ass in my face lol.

Quintessential.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Azherae wrote: »
    Quintessential.

haha I think that's an insult directed at me. That I'm a jerk basically. Cmon, I'm a lighthearted troller. I am constantly trolling, but lightheartedly. 90% of my posts on this forum are laced with some form of troll, even if hidden. I joke around, can't help it.

• Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Azherae wrote: »
    Quintessential.

haha I think that's an insult directed at me. That I'm a jerk basically. Cmon, I'm a lighthearted troller. I am constantly trolling, but lightheartedly. 90% of my posts on this forum are laced with some form of troll, even if hidden. I joke around, can't help it.

It's not really an insult, I think?

But yeah, I'm saying that given what I know of you, it's exactly what I'd expect. Not necessarily that I think you mean it maliciously or are a bad/toxic person when you do it...

But I'm definitely not surprised to hear that you do it.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    LOL. That's fair. hahah
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    btw. Getting asshatted or teabagged is considered a great honor by some people. It means the person doing it to you cares enough about you to spend their time doing it. In some cultures, it's not being asshatted after death that is the true disrespect.
  • Options
    AsgorathAsgorath Member
    edited May 2023
    btw. Getting asshatted or teabagged is considered a great honor by some people. It means the person doing it to you cares enough about you to spend their time doing it. In some cultures, it's not being asshatted after death that is the true disrespect.

When you teabag an opponent, you continuously sit on top of them and humiliate them by shoving your character's virtual crotch in their face while they are helpless to stop it we know, it's mature. While the first-person shooter community is where the taunt is most common, the act has gained some traction in the fighting game community as well. Because winning players can keep moving and teabag opponents between rounds, Killer Instinct offers more opportunities for teabagging than the majority of other fighting games.
  • Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited May 2023
    I dont even know why people get so offended by it tbh :P o boi what will i ever do somone teabag me o god im so angry. hahaha it just shows how childish the person is teabagging :p lol

Generaly the only time i get teabagged is because ive pissed somone off so much usualy though PvP or something that when they finaly got me they feel compelled to do it lol well thats a win for me :p lol

if you realy wanna reduce the effect that teabagging apparently has on people is if they die just turn there screen black or something so they cant even see it happen if they die :P
  • Options
    TacquitoTacquito Member
    edited May 2023
    It's sad that so many people have become hyper-sensitive, weak little snowflakes who can't handle adversity of any kind. I can't imagine whining or complaining about something like this. Laugh it off?

Asking the devs to ban kneeling over a dead rival? lol
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Veeshan wrote: »
    if you realy wanna reduce the effect that teabagging apparently has on people is if they die just turn there screen black or something so they cant even see it happen if they die :P
    We'll already be just a pile of ashes. There's no teabagging, because there's no hole to put your metaphorical balls into.
  • Options
    SolmyrSolmyr Member
    I genuinely can't tell if this is a troll post or not.
  • Options
    Solmyr wrote: »

lol
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How can you tea bag a pile of Ash?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    How can you tea bag a pile of Ash?

by putting your balls against it.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2023
    But teabagging is putting your nuts in someone's mouth or has the safe space crew just generalised the term?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    But teabagging is putting your nuts in someone's mouth or has the safe space crew just generalised the term?

that's the correct term lol
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »

Is shitting in someone's face that much better than teabagging them?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options

Haha, yep. You know you've put up a good fight when you get teabagged.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Is shitting in someone's face that much better than teabagging them?
    As long as it offends all genders and races equally - yes, it's better B)
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack

No no, pixels really can hurt people feelings.
  • Options
    I guess the important question for the next livestream is the lore behind whether or not the races of Verra have balls that can be teabagged on people.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »

No no, pixels really can hurt people feelings.

lol, people get their but hurt including me when I get Tea-bagged.
  • Options
    Next up: if someone kills me and do the /laugh emote, they should get banned for a week.

Grow a pair.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    I always thought that in-game tea-bagging provided more insight about the person doing the act and how generally shallow they were as a person. Since it provides that much needed perspective, please do not ban the practice.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    d6mgb1doe64e.png
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    BaSkA_9x2 wrote: »
    Next up: if someone kills me and do the /laugh emote, they should get banned for a week.

Grow a pair.
    Are you suggesting they grow a pair of balls to perform the very act they despise?! Amazing.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    They don't eveen know if they will have crouching int he game pretty sure that in undecided.

Also ya that was me, I was that guy in new world that teabagged you after the pk.
  • Options
    SpifSpif Member
    AoC should sell an emote that actually shows balls being dragged through the ashes of the teabaggie. Maybe with a little swirling motion? Even better, have the "teabag" draw the ashes into a decal of your choice so that when the person comes back for their gear they can marvel at your artistry. Kill enough people in an area to create your own ash-karesansui garden

For gender equality, all sexes can have balls during this emote. For people with a profanity filter enabled, all balls could be pixellated or blurred.