Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Tea-bagging bannable

2»

Comments

• Options
    CawwCaww Member
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Also ya that was me, I was that guy in new world that teabagged you after the pk.
    I KNEW IT!!! Just you wait....
  • Options
    Spif wrote: »
    AoC should sell an emote that actually shows balls being dragged through the ashes of the teabaggie. Maybe with a little swirling motion? Even better, have the "teabag" draw the ashes into a decal of your choice so that when the person comes back for their gear they can marvel at your artistry. Kill enough people in an area to create your own ash-karesansui garden

For gender equality, all sexes can have balls during this emote. For people with a profanity filter enabled, all balls could be pixellated or blurred.

lol, you're crazy.
  • Options
    Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    Teabagging is a necessary part of healthy competition.

Id go so much as to say that the sense of community and social interaction (a pillar of Ashes' design) would suffer greatly at the loss of teabagging.
  • Options
    Individuated SoulIndividuated Soul Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think we should have tea cups we can drop on enemies or tea sets on squads we kill as a funny flex.

Recipe sold by a craftsman Tearsa Galore - "An artist who didn't care how his provocative works made you feel. He only cared that they made you feel something."
  • Options
    I think we should have tea cups we can drop on enemies or tea sets on squads we kill as a funny flex.

Recipe sold by a craftsman Tearsa Galore - "An artist who didn't care how his provocative works made you feel. He only cared that they made you feel something."

They should just remove Teabag from the game.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I quite enjoyed post pvp victory antics such as;
    • Sitting on the dead body
    • Jumping up and down on the dead body
    • Everyone dancing around the defeated group leader!
    • A few taunts here and there
    • Dropping arrows in a pile next to the dead body to symbolize a camp fire
    • A little "friendly" chat in local chat

L2 near end game, most of the pvp`ers knew each other and victory/loss was all the more rubbed in by post pvp play
    ESO kind of killed it by making your dead body inert and not able to see the world.

I hope we are able to see around and have communication capability while dead.
  • Options
    NemesesNemeses Member
    Asgorath wrote: »
    Teabagging, in my opinion, is comparable to pulling someone's pants down. It's essentially okay as long as everyone is laughing with friends. The victim may feel hurt or embarrassed, but there is always a possibility for them to avenge themselves afterward. If you pull down someone's pants in a group of guys who don't really know each other but are all laughing, there's likely to be great applause and a nice team-building activity taking place. You know you've gone too far if you pull down a woman's pants.

Naturally, teasing someone does not involve removing their pants. When someone is lying on the ground, either dead or dying, it is customary to kneel down over their avatar. I suppose their lips would be the teacup if the teabags were your balls. It is a profoundly patriarchal act, one that is influenced by sexual domination. Most of the time, teabagging doesn't cause much of a fuss. You observed this at Fate Legion while playing with friends and laughing, and you were shocked—possibly outraged—to learn that you had been disqualified. Again, I find it to be fairly absurd. But there are also instances when it's more significant, and it's an indication of how toxic things are when no discussion of the subject is tolerated.

Again, talking rubbish, its not even close to being the same!
    The Immortals
    • We Lived a Thousand Lives, United we Stand.
    • Recruitment
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Well, this thread no longer goes to the top or has notifications of added posts.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    First off - I generally don't support banning for most harassment. I'd first ask "Ok, but did you try muting/blocking them?"

With that said - there's the age old saying, "Actions speak louder than words." So I do support banning for someone's actions more so than their words. It's easy to mute someone, it's harder to get away from them entirely without creating some loophole where you can just block people and then they can't interact with/kill you in a game designed with open world PvP.

IF we as a community, and IS as a studio, decides it's a bannable offense to use WORDS in a sexually harassing way, then I think by extension you should certainly ban people for sexually harassing actions. If teabagging is NOT a bannable offense, then you should be able to verbally assault someone as much as you want without repercussion. The answer should be "mute them if you don't like what they're saying."
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    I would advise Intrepid to put a warning in the starting sequence of the game. "Warning: This game contains human participation. If you get easily triggered by humans, play WoW and solo run away in the lobby paradise."

Seriously though, after a character dies, they respawn. Meaning the camera is somewhere completely different - on the actual game, not on someone pressing "kneel" over a pile of ash. Anyone thinking this is actually something to seriously think about before the core mechanics of the game are done might be better off playing minesweeper or tetris.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    BobTheMagicalFishBobTheMagicalFish Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    I'm sorry but who is genuinely getting their feelings hurt from being teabagged? I understand that it can be unpleasant to be taunted with someone's pixelated ass on your face (or in this case, pile of ash? seriously?) but going so far as to want it to be bannable? People will taunt and be taunted. It's a part of playing games, always has been and always will be. Maybe Intrepid should put a warning up as Kilion suggested.

Kilion wrote: »
    Anyone thinking this is actually something to seriously think about before the core mechanics of the game are done might be better off playing minesweeper or tetris.

Don't do Tetris like that! :'(

• Options
    NemesesNemeses Member
    edited May 2023
    The Op & his ilk, are the type of kiddies who go looking for a reason to cry.

Anything they can find to be offended by, then cry.
    The Immortals
    • We Lived a Thousand Lives, United we Stand.
    • Recruitment