Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Fluid flux?

FirezPrimeFirezPrime Member
edited June 2023 in General Discussion
Dear aoc team I was wondering if you will be taking advantage of the new fluid flux plugin for ue 5. Since a massive part of the map will be covered in water this plugin would really add a whole other level of immersion to the game. I for one would really love to see realistic water physic’s added to oceans rivers and the shorelines. :)

Comments

• Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    12 months delay for fluid flux would you take it? 2027 release?

if the answer is Yes, continue to ask for new fancy tech, if it's no, lets stop asking about every single new plugin/update/feature that comes out and let's get a game first
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Liniker wrote: »
    12 months delay for fluid flux would you take it? 2027 release?

if the answer is Yes, continue to ask for new fancy tech, if it's no, lets stop asking about every single new plugin/update/feature that comes out and let's get a game first

lets be real game was already gonna release in 2027 anyways
    Referral Code : 8GTVW547SYDTHE6Nashesofcreation.com/r/8GTVW547SYDTHE6N
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    If it doesn't delay development significantly again and it doesn't harm Intrepids goal to keep the game fairly accessible in regards of hardware requirements, I would think Intrepid will pick it up.

With that being said after looking at a video of what fluid flux delivers, I have to say it doesn't really look like something that would make me be more excited about naval content.

As it stands, I'd regard that as purely optional and not worth significant delays in the development.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    prymortalprymortal Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    AOC already has a water shader, don't get me wrong Fluid Flux is great. But All AOC needs to do is throw in some more normal map movement, Tune the colour so sea & rivers don't match & pull some edge movement from the Australia map (Andrew Svanberg Hamilton) water shader. Throw some foam Decals on top of the sea for breakers & it's well Beta Work for a lower performance cost solution that matches what people want from fluid flux. Their only advantage to Fluid Flux is filling in rivers which could be a problem on server restarts., rather than their current spline based system that doesn't have that issue.