Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Off-topic Discussions from 'we have a new lead game designer bill trost'

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    Depraved wrote: »
    didnt you say there was a boss with better loot?
    As someone that has killed all the bosses in WoW while you played, you would know that if there is one boss that has better loot than the boss in question, the boss in question is still dropping nothing but best in slot items.

The other boss may be dropping mage boots, rogue gloves, a healer shield and a tank weapon, but this boss may be dropping tank boots, healer gloves, mage weapon and rogue bow.

As to people just randomly deciding to show up because they suddenly found out that people were after that mob - everyone in the game capable of not being instantly killed by said boss knew what the boss was, where it was, when it spawned and who was after it. Not only was the spawn of the boss announced hours before it happened, but the game had an in game calander that included every future spawn of the mob. It was in the calander because it was "the" boss for a good long while.

Basically, there was no scope in that game for people to "find out" about that boss.

what i mean was, you said that one dropped the 2nd best loot. i meant that people were going for the best loot.

the drops arent split like in wow in every game...
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited September 2023
    I've yet to play a game where one mob drops every type of item that a guild would want.

Not saying it doesn't exist, just that I've never seen it. Unless otherwise specifically stated, that is the assumption I would always make.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    I've yet to play a game where one mob drops every type of item that a guild would want.

Not saying it doesn't exist, just that I've never seen it. Unless otherwise specifically stated, that is the assumption I would always make.

I think you mean overall value of loot, but he means a tier of gear.