Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

(POLL) What size guild would you like to join?

akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Q1 What size guild (total members) would you like to join?

Q2 What is your attraction to a guild of that size?

https://strawpoll.com/NPgxEVVjeZ2

Comments

• Options
    MarcetMarcet Member
    good post, I want a 50-100 family type guild just to joke around and try to clear some content
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Maybe 100-150 ish people sounds good to me! :)
  • Options
    30 and all guild skills to be strongz in pvp and an ally of 300 + 300 har har
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    25 to 50. Big enough to do almost anything. Small enough to feel friendly and like a family.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    <300 cause I like my casual guilds zergy.
  • Options
    I prefer my guild to be a small group of active players who want to get good at the game, around 60 or so people. Any bigger than that and cliques start to form with everyone doing their own content.
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    250+ allows for interesting timezone players to pop in and out, day and night for NA East
  • Options
    Around 200. Definitely no more than will fit in 1 in-game guild. That's annoying have B and C team guilds.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    Individuated SoulIndividuated Soul Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Smaller guilds will limit the amount of interesting campaigns and tactics a guild can employ. I already think 300 is the sweet spot. Also Caww brings up a good point. Smaller guilds kind of force you to play with your timezone. I for one really enjoy playing with EU players and a larger guild size enables that more practically.
  • Options
    dnn_dnn_ Member
    I like to know and hang out with my guildies. For this purpose would be better if it was <50, but since there are raids that needs 40 players, i guess it has to be 50~100
  • Options
    Maximum guild size for guilds that full specs into guild passive skills is expected to be around 30-50 and i expect it to be 40(A full raid size), for the ones that full specs in size its maximum size is expected to be 300.

If the guild passive skills are insane 40 players guilds(4x40 160 player alliances) will be the way to go.
    If the guild passive skills are trash 300 players guilds(4x300 1200 players alliances) will be the way to go.
    I will find the meta in between those numbers and their mix.

My expectations? I do believe Guild passive skills will be reasonably close to insanity...

As for my personal preference? I'm more fond of Quality over Quantity and prefer do lead/deal with a small number of Elite Organized Groups rather than a Mindless Zerg.

6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    I don't really want to tie myself down when playing this, neither do my friends so we are looking at a small guild of basically mercenaries, dungeon delvers and collectors for rare resources. Move around a lot, see what the world has to offer and be where the action is. Let the people fight over freehold parcels, being king/queen or mayor, we will be out there backing up whichever side pays the most during a siege, protecting caravans or robbing them, fill the ranks of raid groups who look for people who know how to slay beasts and sink ships on the open seas. No way this will be possible with a huge guild.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    I want to be a part of the largest force of chaos based RPPvP I can find. A large pirate guild of 243? A collection of guilds with around 2104 total players? Don't matter to me, as long as they're constantly plotting to turn some stones

rcbcb6lyhqv9.png
    5lntw0unofqp.gif
  • Options
    10-25, at that point I can still maintain a proper a personal relation to every member. As the size goes above that it's going to get a lot harder to do that.
  • Options
    anything above 100 players is basicly impossible to control/direct :p unless majority of players are like mindless zombies.

In games similiar to AoC you tend to find any alliance of about 100 players tend to implode after about 1 month and break appart again
  • Options
    Kilion wrote: »
    I don't really want to tie myself down when playing this, neither do my friends so we are looking at a small guild of basically mercenaries, dungeon delvers and collectors for rare resources. Move around a lot, see what the world has to offer and be where the action is. Let the people fight over freehold parcels, being king/queen or mayor, we will be out there backing up whichever side pays the most during a siege, protecting caravans or robbing them, fill the ranks of raid groups who look for people who know how to slay beasts and sink ships on the open seas. No way this will be possible with a huge guild.

I think Mercenary guilds will be a key part of Ashes. Well organized fighters with no home or allegiances to get in the way!
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    My thought is that in order to dominate a node or nodes, you are going to need to have an alliance of guilds anyway, so my thought is to maximize skills. I also always main a healer, so I am going to probably want a religious node, that is linked to a more dominant and more popular node type anyway.
  • Options
    Veeshan wrote: »
    anything above 100 players is basicly impossible to control/direct :p unless majority of players are like mindless zombies.

In games similiar to AoC you tend to find any alliance of about 100 players tend to implode after about 1 month and break appart again

not true at all. that depends on the people playing. also, I've seen more drama and guilds disbanding when they are small
  • Options
    iccericcer Member
    ~50-60 players max

Assuming about 1/3 are active at same time as you, it feels about right. Feels small enough that you know those 1/3 of members and that you interact with them on a regular basis, yet large enough to do stuff when needed and when everyone gets online.

bonus points for having alliances with similar guilds

Anything close to 100 and over is just not my type of thing, you start feeling more and more "irrelevant" the larger the number.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    That I would "like to join"? One.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'll try to join a small one and a large one, so I can test the different upgrade options.
  • Options
    RazThemunRazThemun Member
    edited July 2023
    Having lead several guilds over the years. I am striving for a Guild of 50-75 members. There is a balance of not getting to big or staying so small that you can never group up. If you have a small guild of lets say 30 players.. I highly doubt you will have 15-20 people on at the same time, let alone all desiring to do the same content at that time. On the flip side... being 1 of 100 players online can result in feelings of being unknown, unwelcomed, or just ignored. There will always be a click, there will always be a difference in playstyles. You need a big enough community so that 2 or 3 groups can still find a group and complete the content they are looking to clear any given evening.
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    Kilion wrote: »

I think Mercenary guilds will be a key part of Ashes. Well organized fighters with no home or allegiances to get in the way!

And I think we will find that this will be a much more popular concept than taking care of a freehold or protecting a Node that made a lot of enemies outside its ZOI.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    SengardenSengarden Member
    edited July 2023
    I would much prefer a guild of roughly 100-150 players These mega guilds are just ludicrous imo. The guild leader of such an organization isn’t even a guild leader at that point, they’re just barely coaxing herds upon herds of somewhat interested parties around in the hopes they continue to follow. I don’t mean this in a condescending way, the leader can be a great leader, but it’s a lot harder to be a familiar face and feel directly connected to your members, to feel the true dedication of your members, if you’ve got over a thousand of them to keep track of and organize.

There is something inspiring about a massive group of hundreds under the same banner, but it comes to mean a lot less when you realize a vision capable of drawing that many people together is often less distinct and meaningful. I would rather be in a group where, even if I’m not in direct one-on-one contact with all the members on a regular basis, we all know each other’s names and how we contribute to our shared goals.
  • Options
    IskiabIskiab Member
    edited July 2023
    I like group PvP in MMOs and have found that the sweet spot is a group of about 20 people. That usually means a lot more people in the guild, maybe 50?
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    I'm a medium guild-size enjoyer personally! I like something in which there are always people online, but not so many that you start to feel like you don't know anyone ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    VoeltzVoeltz Member
    edited July 2023
    50-60 would be ideal, enough to fill a full raid consistently for content needs. Will likely start off with only a group or two. I've always preferred smaller organized groups over mindless and uncontrollable zergs.
  • Options
    I voted 25-50 because I feel it's large enough to hopefully have some people always online, but so large I feel like everyone is a random. Like I might be able to be friendly or have the usual group up within the guild.
  • Options
    It is becoming obvious you want to be in the largest guild possible. The similarities to Eve online are starting to show, small gang guilds while they can survive for a time will ultimately be a target for Bigger fish. Solo play will not be profitable, you can play the game solo sure but will be extremely limited on what you can accomplish, at least this is how it currently appears to me. I could be wrong and if someone can clarify for me why I'd listen.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Best experience was in a tight guild of 30-40 people. Hope to find the same experience and also hope that the party size is not too dependant on the right makeup thereby requiring guilds to be larger to make a group in house!