Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Secondary Archetype Prediction

2»

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    No Castigation and no Hallowed Ground?
    I saw a ground telegraph that looked like it could be similar to Hallowed Ground?
  • Options
    willsummonwillsummon Member
    edited July 2023
    Dygz wrote: »
    No Castigation and no Hallowed Ground?
    I saw a ground telegraph that looked like it could be similar to Hallowed Ground?
    I was also wondering where the "whip it good" skill was?
  • Options
    It's not a new concept
  • Options
    Azherae wrote: »
    I've been saying secondaries could have class changing effects this whole time...

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/51718/archetype-roles-i-swear-im-not-crazy/p1

Well, we're about to get a Cleric stream.

I feel grossly overconfident that once I've seen 15+ Cleric abilities I can dissect the entire currently intended Augment and battle system.

We shall have answers!

Is the dissection complete?

Oh, ya sure.

Subscribe to my Patreon for the deets.

More seriously there wasn't that much to analyse beyond what I've already done. No skills seemed to fall outside standard MMO/MOBA stuff, and their transformability is pretty clear. I feel like the specific way in which mana cost and range are displayed in the tooltip UI has some very minor implications, but nothing I'd bother to run the gauntlet for.

SirChancelot is still right. It is not particularly difficult to apply class changing effects to these abilities. Standard stuff I think. So no reason I saw to change from my old list except that I don't know if healing can still crit and I don't think I saw any crit heals.

I like how you could also see potential different playstyles within the unaugmented kit. Looked like direct heals, HoT heals, and bubble heals could all be viable main approaches using their "you can either spec wide or deep" philosophy.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I've been saying secondaries could have class changing effects this whole time...

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/51718/archetype-roles-i-swear-im-not-crazy/p1

Well, we're about to get a Cleric stream.

I feel grossly overconfident that once I've seen 15+ Cleric abilities I can dissect the entire currently intended Augment and battle system.

We shall have answers!

Is the dissection complete?

Oh, ya sure.

Subscribe to my Patreon for the deets.

More seriously there wasn't that much to analyse beyond what I've already done. No skills seemed to fall outside standard MMO/MOBA stuff, and their transformability is pretty clear. I feel like the specific way in which mana cost and range are displayed in the tooltip UI has some very minor implications, but nothing I'd bother to run the gauntlet for.

SirChancelot is still right. It is not particularly difficult to apply class changing effects to these abilities. Standard stuff I think. So no reason I saw to change from my old list except that I don't know if healing can still crit and I don't think I saw any crit heals.

I like how you could also see potential different playstyles within the unaugmented kit. Looked like direct heals, HoT heals, and bubble heals could all be viable main approaches using their "you can either spec wide or deep" philosophy.

I consider that an actual requirement of the classes being different though.

I don't believe it is going to be 'completely free builds' any more than it is in MOBAs. There would still definitely be some things that would be optimal to synergize and others that are not, within the concepts.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.