Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dev Discussion #54 - In-Game Content

Comments

• Options
    Coordinated PvP, open world and the archetype system.
  • Options
    GutzgoreGutzgore Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2023
    I have a lot I look forward to in a game. However given current times and changing technologies, I'll answer this in a more fundamental way.

Will AoC utilize or have any plans to utilize emerging AI technologies into the game? What future potential does Intrepid feel like could be used in the future of the game? This is rapidly advancing tech that I think Intrepid should consider what design in an MMORPG with AI looks like.

I am excited to see where AI goes and what impact it will have on gaming in the future in general. I seen a video just today about Skyrim and a player having an AI companion. It used in game voice to interact with it and even knew about the locations/lore and did some combat. It wasn't perfect, but this will be something that will be a must feature very soon in gaming's future.

There is a ton of potential impact to how we play games in the next 10 years.

I hope Ashes is considering how this may impact their game and how to utilize AI. I hope your design includes the potential to use AI even if not at first but have a good idea where and when to use it so that when its ready you have a way to implement it in.

I feel this AI tech is already reaching out its tentacles into the gaming space. Can AoC keep up with this emerging tech?

EDIT: If I have to be more specific about AoC, then I am looking forward to Tanking in the game. I love jumping and taking all the damage and holding aggro. This is just my kind of fun!!
  • Options
    ZahieZahie Member
    edited August 2023
    I'm looking forward to be immersed with the world and my character. Character creation is really important to me. It's usually the first impression I get of a game and the quality of it can determine if I'm going to like the game or not. The character creation in AoC so far looks amazing and I really hope it will be this amazing in reality. I'm also looking forward to express my character with all kinds of fashion, I'm having high hopes for a good mix and match transmog system with many separated dye channels for each part (I think Guild Wars 2 has done this the best of all mmorpgs I've been playing). I like to RP with my character and that's why being happy with my characters looks is important to me to be able to fully enjoy the rest of the game.

I'm also looking forward to exploring, housing, freeholds, gathering, taming animals, animal husbandy, seasons, the node system, caravans, trying out and finding out my favourite class and build, tulnar and social organizations (hoping for a social organization that is close with the nature, forest, plants etc).

A fantasy you hope to carry out
    That is to play a character who is really close with the nature, living in a dense forest in a small cabin with a mossy roof, collecting and growing plants and mushrooms for different purposes. Would love to be able to sneak around and hide to avoid being noticed by other players while gathering herbs, mushrooms, bugs and other resources and collectibles in the forest. I would also love to build my combatstyle to match the theme of my character with agile attacks combined with nature magic and poison made from plants and such to defend myself from attacking mobs and other players. And of course I also want lots of different armor skins with astethics that matches this theme.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2023
    I look forward to being the Ultimate Carebear, mounted on a Stufferton, Watching the rise and fall of Cities and Metros.
  • Options
    Open world PVP (i really hope all system have Open world PVP tied to it,like when im trying to craft some amazing gear,i have to go out in the world find and havest resoures and kill others thats trying to do the same)

Extensive character customization(MORE THE BETTER)(Maybe even a body slider like in Ark:survival evolved,so i can get the bulkiest Dwarve as my character)

Obtain transmogs

Really hoping theres like a class that can tame beast like hunter in world of warcraft

AND i really really like the tetris inventory,i think that is amazing

also no combat ability animation movement lock is awsome!!!

• Options
    KalnazzarKalnazzar Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Greetings, esteemed adventurers of the Ashes of Creation community!

As a fervent observer of the game's development, I am filled with anticipation for the boundless possibilities that lie ahead. When pondering the prospect that excites me most in-game, my thoughts gravitate toward a concept inspired by the mesmerizing world of "Made in Abyss." Allow me to share an ambitious idea that could shape the landscape of Verra forever—a colossal and enigmatic abyss that beckons the daring to explore its unfathomable depths.

Picture this: a monumental chasm that plunges beneath the surface, unfurling into a realm where the rules of nature are transformed. With gravity itself flipped, an inverted ocean suspends in the air, harboring astonishing ecosystems and entrancing vistas that defy imagination. At each descending layer, adventurers would encounter not only distinct ecosystems and life forms, but also the paradox of traversing through a gravity-defying expanse. The spectacle of an ocean hanging above as we delve deeper into the abyss is a vision that ignites the imagination.

Much akin to the captivating layers of the anime's abyss, each depth level within this chasm could unveil an entirely new world, teeming with both awe-inspiring marvels and heart-pounding perils. From radiant bioluminescent life illuminating the lower tiers to eerie shadows shrouding the abyssal unknowns, the sheer diversity of environments and creatures would stand as a testament to the profound creativity of the development team.

Now, before delving into this discussion, I am aware of the impressive underground realm that has been unveiled. Yet, the concept I wish to introduce extends far beyond the boundaries of what we've seen—a depth that plumbs the very essence of Verra. Picture, if you will, a realm governed by one of Verra's revered "Gods," a domain untouched by time and steeped in mysteries as ancient as creation itself.

To navigate this abyssal world, fresh mechanics such as ethereal climbing, aerial exploration, and encounters with gravity-bending creatures could offer exhilarating gameplay opportunities. The abyss might pulsate with its own dynamic events and evolving narratives, adapting to the players' actions and discoveries as they unravel the enigmas within.

Introducing such a profound feature would undoubtedly redefine Ashes of Creation's trajectory, elevating it to unprecedented heights—both metaphorically and literally, in this case. It would serve as a testament to the developers' relentless innovation and dedication to constructing an immersive and captivating realm.

In conclusion, dear fellow adventurers, when I envision the future of Ashes of Creation, it is the mysterious abyss that holds sway over my imagination. Embarking on an odyssey that rivals the epics of yore, delving into the depths of this surreal expanse would be a journey like no other.

I am grateful for this opportunity to share my vision, and I await with eager anticipation the thrilling adventures that await us all within the realms of Verra.

Fare thee well, and may our paths converge within the abyss's embrace.

Sincerely,
    [Keldarien Wrynn]
  • Options
    PlasticLemonsPlasticLemons Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I’m most excited about territory control. Being able to call an area home and work on improving it, exploring it, and defending it is my favorite kind of content in MMORPGs.

My most fun memories in gaming are doing small group roams in EVE Online. I look forward to doing hopefully similar home defense missions in AoC.

If not zone control, I’m excited about node and guild wars. Having permanently red targets makes the world feel that much more dangerous. You won’t be safe anywhere and that’s a feeling I love in games.
  • Options
    DizzDizz Member
    I want know more information about under water contents, navy gameplay, and open sea.

Especially open sea permanent PVP zone because if the environment looks good and contents in open sea are fun then more different kind of players will want to enter open sea, but does the size of open sea well considnered and that many different activites to contain dynamic numbers of players to enjoy open sea contents and at the sametime balance the thriller vibe and sense of accomplishment with teamwork that between PVP and PVE won't be one aspect aboves the other.

I don't mind open sea will be permanent PVP zone playground but maybe open sea should be dynamic temporary PVP zone according to what knid of activity is going on. For example consider there could be navy gameplays and I assuming that one of navy gameplay could be like bounty hunter gameplays on land, then open sea is permanent PVP zone might not seems very cool.
    A casual follower from TW.

↓Good youtube channel to learn things about creating games.↓
    Masahiro Sakurai on Creating Games:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv1DvRY5PyHHt3KN9ghunuw
  • Options
    alistairdragonheartalistairdragonheart Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    I want long-term content that players can join in on but not feel like they must log in daily. Things that feel like the world is shifting but not so quickly that your contributions will be gone in a week or two. I want things we can plan to do but also unexpected fun to wander into. The biggest thing I want, though, is ways to enjoy the game with new players without either group feeling like they are wasting time or wish they were alone. I love interacting with new people in MMOs, and helping new players is a great way to play a game casually. I have many friends who will try a game once or twice too. Some content that lets new players contribute and doesn't make higher-level players feel like they are wasting their time or making their friends feel like they exist to be power leveled and don't get to play until they are at the end game.
  • Options
    I'm going to be a bit blunt which is going to sound pessimistic as hell but right now I'm not looking forward to much.
    While how the world functions is a big draw it's becoming the gimmick of the game as everything else is becoming a rehash of other games.
    I'm kinda banking on crafting being a bit more interesting and has some gameplay to it, but considering I think I have a minority opinion on crafting since everyone just views it as a chore and wants 1 button-click crafting I have my doubts it will be an interesting system.
  • Options
    While I look forward to everything this game has to offer, I will confess that I have a deep love of discovery based crafting, especially cooking. I really hope the team takes discovery based crafting and skill-reliant mini games to the next level in Ashes. I’m sick of every system in an MMO or RPG being simplified so that everyone can do everything. If I’m a top level chef, I want to know it’s because I’m good at it, not just because I found the best recipes in treasure chests or earned the most rep currency to buy them from NPCs, or bought the best ingredients from other players with gold.

As an example, let’s say I want to make a blueberry pie. As a budding chef, I don’t want to have any idea how to make any part of a blueberry pie. I don’t know how to make pastry dough, and I don’t know how to make a smooth pie filling that sets properly while cooking.

If I, as a player, have some general world knowledge, I’ll know that pastry dough generally requires flour and butter. So, I’ll get some flour and butter, and go to my prep table. I envision the discovery UI to have multiple empty slots - four ingredients is generally enough for most cooking components. I add the flour and the butter to the slots, and the UI lights up, letting me know that this combination of items will likely create something useful that I haven’t discovered yet. I click okay, go through a mini game to chop the butter and knead it into the flour with some water, and voila, I’ve learned how to make pastry dough.

Next, I need blueberry pie filling. I know that pie filling generally requires fruit, sugar, often a bit of starch for thickness, and lemon juice. I acquire the blueberries, some cooking starch, a lemon, and some sugar, and put them in the menu. UI lights up, I click to confirm. I execute a mini game to juice the lemons and to make sure all the components are equally distributed. Hooray! I’ve learned how to make blueberry pie filling.

Finally, I can put the pie dough and the filling together in the discovery menu, UI lights up, click to confirm, and a mini game plays out for me to crimp the top and bottom layers of crust around the fruit so it doesn’t leak. Throw it in the oven, take it out after 10 seconds or so with a quick timer that will cause it to burn if I don’t remove it in time, do one final mini game to slice the pie, and you get several slices.

The deftness with which I perform these mini games will determine the quality rating (and/or the quantity produced) of the finished product, which could be bolstered by using higher quality base ingredients, or potentially some optional modifiers. Skill with mini games can be dexterity based (click and drag across a line / shape without leaving the boundary) timing based (add your ingredients in the right order and don’t let one component sit on the stove or in the oven too long while doing another step) or anything else the team can “cook up” (sorry). Optional modifiers could be adding an egg (egg wash) to your pastries before baking to get a nice golden crust, or adding rare herbs and spices to heighten the complexity of savory dishes or non-pastry desserts.

A quality meter could be concocted similar to what WoW recently did with their crafting system in dragon flight. In their new system, crafted item quality is automatically factored for you before you begin crafting based on the quality of your entered raw materials and modifier items, and is displayed on a bar. In Ashes, this bar could represent base quality if you were to just barely manage to succeed in crafting the item. Skill at the mini games will determine loss of quality from the raw material quality baseline (all the way down to failure) if done poorly, and further increase in quality if done well.

Having multiple crafting stations can help shake things up a bit as well. I just started playing the Palia beta recently, and the one thing I think it did well with its cooking system is spreading the individual preparation steps between different stations. Currently, there’s the mixing station, the prep table, the stove, and the oven.

In Palia, if you want to make a steak dinner, you have to get the steak on the stove top, then go to the prep station and do a mini game to chop herbs and make bread dough. Roughly halfway through these processes, a timer starts ticking down on the stovetop letting you know the steak needs to be flipped, so you have to get your tasks done in time. Go to the stove, flip the steak (mini game) before it burns. Immediately go to the oven and start baking your bread. Next, you have to go to the mixing station and do a mini game to beat your chopped herbs into some butter. Around this time, the bread is done baking, and it needs to be removed from the oven before it burns. At this point, a second timer has already begun ticking on the stove. Finally, you can take your bread and compound butter, bring them to the stove, perform one last flip on the steak (I think it represents the basting step), give it a few more seconds, and you have your dinner.

The main problem I have with the way Palia approached their cooking system, apart from no discovery and a lack of recipes, is that the game, in general, is far too forgiving for my taste, so it’s extremely difficult to mess anything up. Mini games are incredibly simple with little room for error. No risk vs reward. You put the time in, you get the reward. A bit dull imo. Additionally, there’s only one quality rating, and it seems to be granted only through the quality of the ingredients, not through your ability with the mini games. These are the areas I think Ashes of Creation could improve on. Make the mini games increasingly challenging as recipes get to higher levels, make them have a noticeable impact on the rewards you reap from your effort, make a plethora of cooking components (doughs, sauces, fillings, dressings, seasoning mixes, compound butters, etc) and recipes formed from raw materials and/or player-made components to discover, and I think you’ll have a really amazing experience for folks.

Some inspiration for this would be WoW’s “aggregate crafting quality” UI, GW2’s cooking discovery UI and breadth of discoverable components and recipes, and Palia’s multi-station cooking processes.

With a few tweaks, virtually of these things could be easily applied to alchemy, as well.

Thanks y’all!
  • Options
    I cant wait to experience intense pvp raid vs raid , with complex combat mechanics that require discipline and coordination. Few things in life match the pleasure of a good flanking manouver.
  • Options
    vinylzvinylz Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I want to be able to create relationships and arena partners/guilds online without the need to actively look for it, and needing to prove to them that I am good.
    Let me explain the root of my problem:
    So I've playing WoW for a while now but only on private servers, and I achieved high arena ratings. I was the best feral druid on my server and had some friendships and arena partners who I could always play arena with and I didn't need to prove myself that I am good. However when I finally gave a chance to retail wow, I was dumbfounded. No high rated player wanted to play with someone who cannot link his gladiator achievement or prove some legitimate way that he is good. So this means, If as a gladiator play I want to play with other skilled players, first I would have to climb myself slowly, from 1600 rating to 1800, from 1800 to 2000, from 2000 to 2200 and so on, changing my noob partners for a slightly lesser noob one, until I can finally find a high rated player who would be willing to play with me. But I'm a competitive player and this whole process would take a lot of time, and would be infuriating. The reason I stopped playing League of Legends was the same reason, I HATE LOSING BECAUSE OF A BAD TEAMMATE. Its most frustrating thing ever, its even worse than just some pure rng luck factor, since then I dont have to blame another human. I can just say, "Oh, well, I got unlucky, my item didn't procc, or my ability missed".
    So this whole process on retail wow, forced me to constantly meet new people ,convince them that I am good so I can slightly get closer to my goal of enjoying the game. Its annoying.
    So I don't like when the game FORCES me to make connections and meet people to actually start having fun.

SO, basically the feature I propose is:
    I want to have a feature in game, that makes people desirable through their achievement that they achieve through solo play, and not through team play.
    Let me give you an example:
    Let's say that I know I am good at 2v2 or 3v3, but since Im new to the server, I cannot prove it. Then I want to be able to prove that I am atleast really good at pvp, if for example there is a 1v1 arena leaderboard, that can be checked in the city, and If I am in the top 10, then GUILDS/PvP partners are more likely to reach out to you if you want to go arena with them, or join their guild etc..

This feature would naturally create situations where people like me, who don"t like making a lot of new connections, and constantly looking for people ,but want to have the best teammates and part of the best guild, they can do so, without actually going through a lot of social hurdles, and they can just achieve it through pure skill.
  • Options
    I'd really been looking forwards to getting stuck into the Animal Husbandry system. The concept sounds intriguing and I like the sound of how the different animal traits can be bred together for improved offspring.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    PagemasterPagemaster Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2023
    What are you looking forward to most in-game?

There's a ton of things that I'm looking forward to, but also hoping are in game.

As a Guild Leader I'm hoping there's tools and systems in place that cater to the needs of everyone.
    Some of those are:
    1. Creation of as many Ranks/Titles as we see fit and the ability to set systems to said rank or title.
    2. RP elements - ability to interact with other communities in RP aspects. (guilds that are overseeing a node, guilds holding castles, etc.) Voice coms, emotes, creating treaties and trade pacts, etc. Will fuel the community.
    I'd like to see guild or community conflict in more than a game mode, but rather the open world.
    Maybe there's a ton of small battles that occur during caravan routes that pushes conflict to a war.
    Having the ability to RP that or even communicate that to other players would be amazing.
    Create a Medieval Fantasy SIM.
    3. Tools/systems that are close to DKP/EPGP systems, but make it customizable. Also, add the ability to take that information and apply it to bots, so people outside of game with a discord command or an ingame app can see their points.
    4. Ticket system that players can submit to guilds, this can be used for contracts regarding trading, purchase of real player caravan protection, etc. Also add the ability to ban or blacklist players that spam or abuse this system.
    Add a reputation system to these "contractors" and let Guild decide what they can do with it.
    If it's a reputable contractor maybe they get to skip the line of tickets. Something like that.
    5. Add a blacklist system that can easily be copied and pasted in a chat that gives name and reason why they were blacklisted with dates and times.

Im sure im missing something that my guildies would want me to touch on.

As mentioned above with treaties and pacts between guilds, add a war or an "enemy of the state" mechanic or something similar where when a node or Guild declares war on another guild or.node the repercussions for attacking those players in open world are less or none at all.
    Maybe caravans drop a higher percentage of goods. It would need to be fleshed out, but add the ability for guilds to have conflict outside of a game mode.

Allow players the power to choose their path, if someone wants to strictly craft, process or gather, don't lock systems behind adventure level, but rather their skill in said activity. Yes, some things can be locked behind adventuring level, but it should be more so of that you have to complete a questline or other systems, and those other things have the requirement of an adventuring level to complete before being able to do so.
    If I want to strictly process goods, don't gatekeep me by systems, the only thing blocking me should be my ability to do said thing.

Parlor games and gambling. Together or separate, make it a thing. I'd like to see a monthly update surrounding all parlor games and gambling.
    Also, if a Tavern is known for their parlor games and gambling, let the people running the Tavern add roles/titles to people when they're there.
    Maybe a player is a high roller or Maybe a player gets a room for free for spending a certain value at the location.

Allow in game letters/messages stamped with a wax seal. Being able to customize your seal would be sick and ability to see if the seal was broken. This is only for RP purposes.

BALANCE, BALANCE, BALANCE.
    If you're going to allow us to play anyway we want to, then please balance it, try and squash metas and overpowered builds.
    Look into how skills, damage, CC, etc. Interacts with NPCs and Players in various activities, and change them per activity.

I'm sure I'm missing things and I'll try to update it as we go, but there's a few.
      Guild Leader of The Adventurers Guild,
      Pagemaster
    • Options
      FiddlezFiddlez Member
      edited August 2023
      One idea I've had that I would like to try is something new for myself.

I have always loved PVP but if I can I would like to join/lead a Bandit Guild. Give those bounty hunters something to compete with. Wouldn't just be for killing players but if we could own a castle/Freehold there's an opportunity to provide a safe place for the players that want to cause some havoc.

Could have scouts that reported Caravans, could put tolls up on the road and make players pay. Make people duel to go free. There would be Be some anti grief guild rules I think. Offer our services for Sieges. Steven mentioned resources being over farmed so controlling an area and making it known that it was our land would be fun.

If that doesn't work out I will be a bounty hunter, maybe both 😉.

Not sure how Guild Wars entirely will work but PVP ownership of points would be nice too with some rewards.

Other then that being a well known crafter.

Best experiences I ever had were
      Asheron's Call : PVP was sign up only but our guild had a faction of PVPers. Long story short we pissed off enough people that the largest guild in the game all came out as "Red". We spent the next few hours constantly fighting,running and hiding.

Crowfall - Siege....triple our numbers, two guilds created an alliance to take our Keep. Our scouts reported two massive forces coming. That long moment of silence on comms waiting for the call out of a sighting, scouts reporting to officers, then...... TREBUCHETS SOUTH. The Chaos that ensued, the castle wall going down and then one last final desperate push and winning. It was insane.

• Options
      What I'm looking forward to most about ashes of creation? To be able to take my fishing boat and make as much money as possible from fishing ^^.
    • Options
      LeonerdoLeonerdo Member
      edited August 2023
      Shit, I forgot exploration! That's super important. Worth making another comment at least...
      Amazing landscapes, settlements, and dungeons. Diverse cultures and ways of thinking. Myriad quests with all kinds of stories filled with strife, awe, triumph, despair, comfort, etc.

And mysteries! Don't let the exploration be all passive or straightforward. Make me find what I'm looking for, but give me some decent hints. (Scanning large areas in a grid pattern is a lot of "looking" and not enough "finding".)
    • Options
      -What are you looking forward to most in-game?

1. Summoning Pacts as a personal looting option, with various Elemental Bosses, Mini Bosses, etc, when looting as a Summoner main - or Conjurer.

2. Gauntlet Style encounters, wave after wave of enemies, pushing party teamwork, preparedness and resources to the absolute limits!

3. Instanced Housing at Node level 4, up to Journeyman level.

4. Max Level Merit Point system to further customize your characters combat job in a specific area. Cannot be un-done. One entire level of EXP = 1 Merit point, can only earn/spend 5 Merit points total in your characters lifetime. FFXI had a similar system, https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Merit_Points
    • Options
      OrymOrym Member
      edited August 2023
      There is so much im looking forward to but im gonna pick one thing specifically i always imagine would be an amazing experience.

I wanna get a special feeling from being in verra. I've heard it is gonna be a huge world. I have watched alot of mr ballen videos on youtube and I always get a creepy but still intriquing vibe when watching those. If that feeling or vibe can be translated into a videogame it would be awsome!
      Im imagining myself for example exploring the cold dark winter night in an excluded area were I don't know exactly where i am. And everything from how the area looks, what happened there or what could happen there makes you wanna explore more of it. Ones your out of that wilderness and back from your adventure, maybe back with some loot you arrive back to a welcoming town with fires lit and you instantly feel safe and like you made it back alive. If it would be possible to catch that kind of vibe into AoC i think it would be really unique.

In short i want a really good atmosphere/vibe. Not just some trees and grass and hills.
    • Options
      Im looking foprward to play alot of pvp in the game and also to develop my class the way i like to play and rly kinda find my own playstyle in pvp. I think the augmetn systhem will be very cool. Also im devinitly looking forward to the true endgame that is fashion. I have to look stylish while i kill my enemys.
      For the empyre !!!
    • Options
      I am most looking forward to the feeling of a world. I like how large the map is and how distance matters. I want each region to be unique and the idea that things take time and require social interaction is one of the largest reasons I'm exited (Despite not being a hardcore player).
    • Options
      I'm personally just hoping the augment system is really good. If it's too limited I can't see myself caring about augments. If there is quite a bit of build diversity I will be happy though.
    • Options
      I really want replayable PvP content that rewards the player but is also fun for everyone involved.

Something like a simple 20v20 instanced battle ground that you que up for and get a currency for winning or loosing or based of participation. That currency can then be used to acquire hard to farm materials. I wouldn't suggest this currency allows the purchase of gear otherwise it would take away from crafting and PvE gear. But instead just allow players another stream of pumping resources into the crafting economy.

Could even possibly be some PvP only mounts that you can purchase from this currency, yet again something like baby mounts that you have to hand over to a breeder to grow for you.
    • Options
      AelAel Member
      What are you looking forward to most in-game?

- The lore
      - World exploration
      - Character customization (from a skills + augments standpoint)
      - Siege battles, monster coin events, caravans...

"We have two lives, and the second one begins when we set foot on Verra."
    • Options
      ChaosFactorChaosFactor Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
      There is an essential component that I find INCREDIBLY important on the road to release of this beautiful game.

The world of Verra.

Based on the operations of the game in general and it's mechanics, AoC focuses heavily on the players experience in the open world. The very status of the cities in the world, the areas of the map that have a focus from major guilds/players, the areas that present dangers to the player. When the landmarks are this important, it is truly PARAMOUNT that the world is as immersive and interesting as possible.

There have been great steps towards this already, the weather system and the beautiful environment play a heavy hand in this process. Other things that will help deeply improve this are music, wandering NPCs, events visible from far distances, massive threats that you can see as an ultimate goal, maybe even some dragons that roam the sky at all times.

If we master how the environment feels, and the depth of the immersion, players will never ever want to log off. Not only that but the game will feel like a new home. Games like World of Warcraft still exist to this day because the world of Azeroth is incredibly distinct, and easy to consume. With AoC using UE5 and hyper-realistic graphics reflective of the real world, hopefully it doesn't fall into a trap that many other games fall into. Regions of the map need to be incredibly distinct. This doesn't just include entire biomes, but the regions that make up those biomes as well. Familiarity and comfort in knowing where you are and where you're going prevents tons of frustration when experiencing the game.

These kinds of comforts for the player can sometimes be more important to retaining players than anything. Lets say combat feels really bad on release for whatever reason, people may continue to play the game with hopes and knowledge that it will improve, and they can push through the un-responsiveness or lack of fluidity until it's fixed. If the world, immersion and environment are not up to par.. everywhere you look will remind you of your issues with the game.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that there are going to be ANY of these issues in the final pass of the game, and are often already beyond many other games even in my experiences in Alpha 1 and Apoc. These are just the core concepts that can be the root of some discomfort or lack of enjoyment in the game.

I have hopes so high that they're floating out into the stars with Ashes, but it is forever important that we continue to pick apart every single miniscule aspect of the game. We may not reach perfection, but lets get damn close.

Thanks team!,
      ChaosFactor
      ej8s4cu9gp1n.png
    • Options
      What I crave the most is exploration; this including pvp, world immersion (mostly), dungeons and quests.

But I'm really excited to see how the world develops since the map structure will depend on the players, mostly.
    • Options
      I'm excited to jump into a game that isn't plagued with barriers to my imagination. Like D&D, I am hoping to jump into a game and possibly thrive in an area of RPGing that was not possible in other games. If I want to be a craftsman, enchant weapons, or even be a farmer, I am looking forward to each of these systems being fully fleshed out with a plethora of options for exploring these different portions of the game. In most games, there are barriers to these types of play namely in the lack of content. Obviously, farming in an RPG is not a common avenue to explore, but when you do there are only a few things that can be done. In Ashes, I am hoping that each of these niche avenues of play are vast provide countless hours of fun!
    • Options
      1Guild Wars PVP, finding that smaller scale PVP
      2)Sieges
      3) Meaningful Open World PVP
      4) Exploring the World, those environments,sounds and animations make me want to see and hear everything. Idea that other players make it dangerous just makes it so much better.
      5) Augmentations and Character development I will most likely disappear trying to figure out what Augments/tattoos/mounts/skills I will need to fit my vision and you know, be the bestest and coolest.
    • Options
      Being able to influence and participate in Story Archs.