Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dev Discussion #54 - In-Game Content

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I am looking forward to helping shape a new world 🌍 and game. This, from what I have seen is the first MMO to really give me that feeling of excitement that the original EverQuest did.. The exploration of the world really has my excited..
  • Options
    Gambling
    Having some way to gamble, an example would be combining materials, with a very low chance of getting an extremely valuable material used for crafting the best gear. Obviously there should be other, more time consuming and consistent methods of getting that material though through grinding (life skill or killing or a combination thereof) but just having the chance to skip all that by being hard carried by RNG is already getting me excited.

Abilities and skills being client sided
    As an aussie who connects to NA servers (as I like to play with my OG guild) having abilities not be client sided is incredibly rough and sometimes unplayable. An extreme example would be Endless Arrows in Archeage, I'll link an example here https://youtube.com/watch?v=jgCBXvcFpwo , and that's only with a difference 125 ping and he does near half the DPS, imagine how bad it is with 250 ping. A MMORPG where it has been done well is Black Desert Online, I could cast any of my skills without any delay but just the damage, cc's etc were all delayed. Therefore, I wasn't locked out of any classes, unlike Archeage due to a ping difference. There is a massive difference between normal ping frustration and literally being unplayable.

But that is all, if you're any reader who read through this comment, thank you :^]
  • Options
    mainly these 3 things

OWPVP

Nodes

Player politics
  • Options
    I expect dynamics from the game so that you can do whatever you want from the beginning of the game, not like in BDO or Archage - to gain authority so that you can communicate or plant a garden. I want fishing, carpentry, building a hut, some gambling games similar to dice, chess, logic and all the same (mini games), mass battles, I don't really like quests

I would still like a crafting system like in Albion Online. Every pvp clothes break, and when you are killed, the clothes are partially destroyed, and part is taken by the killer, so that the market is not overflowing with clothes and everything else. Albion Online has a very good market system, there the market is floating, there is no regulation and people are constantly working to extract stone, wood, weapons and clothes.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I'm looking forward to actually seeing the game be released and actually getting the explore the world for myself. I love exploring and discovering places. I also just want to see how everything is going to work in actual practice. Like watching, and contributing to node growth. Maybe having characters spread over several servers to see how different they are.

Oh, I forgot - looking forward to professions and seeing how the craft systems work.

And the religion system. The idea of leveling a religion is very new and I can't wait to try it out.
  • Options
    Excited for the many things but here's a few of the things I'm most looking forward to:
    -Exploring the world.
    -PvP, especially sieges.
    -Animal husbandry.
    -Story Arcs.
  • Options
    Good day! - I am most looking forward to random world PVP situations.
  • Options
    Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    edited August 2023
    What are you looking forward to most in-game?

An example may be a game system, a fantasy you hope to carry out, or a specific activity with other players!

Fantasies:

1. Martial arts master-

I want to feel like a martial arts master, or like im in avatar the last airbender
    To me this means having a highly skillful, tactical, fast and fluid combat system

I want players to have to manually land/evade attacks. I want there to be a high emphasis on spacial control and positioning, and also a big emphasis on mobility. There should also be a lot of options and abilities. It needs to also be balanced from the 1v1 experience all the way to huge groups in siege content. It would also be nice if there is enough strategic depth with builds and the class system, that it could pretty much consitute a game on its own, rather than being pretty straightforward "metagaming" where the meta is pretty easy to figure out and static, making character progression and build optimization more of a chore than actually interesting gameplay.

2. Ninja/assasin

I want to feel like I am able to sneak around, fluidly traverse the environment, spy and gather intel, and ambush key targets like in Hitman or Assasins Creed. To me this means:

A- Having opportunities to be stealthy
    regardless of your class. I think you should be able to be stealthy and strategically conceal your movement and engage with that type of gameplay regardless of your class, even if certain ones are more specialized at it. Something like "Hitman" series or other games covered in this video series that covers principles of some of the best stealth gameplay in the genre.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay-5g36oFfc&t=18s&pp=ygUMR210ayBzdGVhbHRo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QLWC081dDpc&t=1s&pp=ygUMR210ayBzdGVhbHRo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uF6c8KJuuEk&t=2s&pp=ygUMR210ayBzdGVhbHRo

B- Having non-combat traversal tools.
    I think its important to be able to gain positional advantages using different non-combat skills. It would be fun to be able to use the terrain or high ground to your advantage, and to get into suprising positions such as trees or climbing along cliff sides. Overall just being able to parkour acrossed the environment would be really fun and interesting.
    Something like Assasins Creed, Sekiro, or other ninja/Wuxia style games that do traversal and parkour really well.

3. Racer
    Movement skills don't just have to be for getting into strategic positions. The act of movement itself can be very fun if done right. I would like for movement itself to be worth engaging with on its own. It would be very fun to be able to master movement and race around the environment and for traveling in the open world to be fun to do just for the sake of it. Things like mounts, swimming, climbing, movement skills, grapples, environmental mastery, etc. could all be fine-tuned to be part of a fun movement system, where players want to improve their skills and win races using these different methods. Here is a vid on making a fun movement system.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rlmVxrq-3Go&pp=ygUYTTl2ZW13bnQgYSBtZWNoYW5pYyBnbXRr

4. Detective
    I want to have to find clues, organize information, make connections, and use logic/reasoning to solve mysteries and to interact with the content within the world.

5. Philosopher
    I want have to think about the right/wrong of my actions, to choose sides, and feel compelled to get others to join my side.

6. Pirate/captain
    I want to feel like part of a world like "One Piece". To feel unique, and to seek out others who are good at what they do and try to get them to join my group. To pick fights with people who you know nothing about, and to build a legendary pirate ship.

7. Adventurer
    There should be lots of cool secrets and hard-to-find locations to discover. The world should feel intriguing. There should be a disparity of power between those who are "in the know" vs those who arent. Something like the world of "Hunter X Hunter" is a very compelling and intriguing world to want to try to understand.

8. Societal Niche
    There should be different types of groups within society and conflict between them. It would be cool to feel something like a "ringleader" for an underground organization that is pushing their own agenda against the rest of the playerbase, or pushing back against the other organizational leaders. That dynamic would be very interesting along with the political leaders, citizens, and other social groups trying to push their own agendas as well. Having different motivations and groups like these withing society would be very interesting. The indoctrination, the espionage, the subterfuge, the propaganda, the diplomatic negotiation, all of that would be a very fun part of the politics between different player groups.

9. bounty hunter/fugitive
    really looking forward to the bounty hunter and fugitive dynamic

10. Military Tactician/strategist
    Formulating war strategies and giving real-time battle commands to a group of players will be a very fun aspect of sieges, guild wars, and alliance wars.

11. Elite squad member
    Feeling like you a part of an elite team carrying out an important task is fun.

12. Lone wolf
    Being able to hold your own in a fight or survive/thrive in the world, even when at a numbers disadvantage is a fun experience.

13. Convoy runner/bushwacker
    I am looking forward to the dynamic between those trying to plan caravan runs and those trying to intercept those runs.

14. looking forward to the fantasies relating to the different artisan classes as well
    - things like animal husbandry, taming, hunting, crafting, etc.

• Options
    FreemetaFreemeta Member
    edited October 2023
    a fantasy you hope to carry out

"Clashing against the balancing precision of the universe is a spark of life and death. Chaos is surprising, unpredictable, breathing, decaying, and always changing. Neither good nor evil, the only constant of chaos is the assurance that there will be change. You have bound yourself to the ever-changing havoc. Wielding chaos as a tool requires flexibility and open-mindedness to stay attuned to the shifting flow. Lose yourself in the never-ending twists and turns and you may never find yourself again. Then again, the concept of the self may just be a pathetic excuse to rationalize the pandemonium that is life."
    (5E: Age of Antiquity Adventure and Intrigue in the Ancient World)

As a fan of the DeckOfManyThings,Bag of Tricks (for summoner), wand of wonder from Dungeon and Dragon.
    1144974-d-y0g0iuwaq8opx-article_image_d-1.jpg

A TheFool and funny Vek Grandma protected by fate and extraordinarily good luck. Or she could see and twist the intertwined wheels of fate causing very bad unlucky chain of events to her opponents and luck to her friends. a mix of Gaal Dornick(Foundation adaptation), Mat Cauthon from (wheel of time) and Domino (Marvel).
    or accidental Hero
    Maybe with some Cat Pet
    I love Astrology and Astronomy aesthetic, tarot Arcana, Maya calendar, etc.
    ae74451600a98d96e38e744bfe895772.jpg

For gameplay i wish to play a mix of Arcana (Lost ark) proc based class with control over rng comboing your proc effects, Astrologian because RNG is accepted by players if it's for supporting them (FF14), Dancer for the cascade triggers(FF14), wild , the most fun class i ever played(BG2), Wild sorcerer and BarbarianWildMagic(BG3) and every class from D&D/pathfinder paper with a wild magic touch(like wellspring mage), Cascade and Storm decks from MTG. (i could add rng based character from other class, i searched them a lot ^^). in aoc this could be Chaos magic and an embodiment of Risk vs Reward
    (i could add Corsair FFXI)
    LadyLuck from FFX-2

i imagine many wheels of fate intertwined, each symbol on them being being a special effect :hushed:
    About luck WondrousWisdomball is my favorite quest reward (with yogg saron wheel), having kadgar helping you sometimes and making comments his very funny, i would love to have something like that in game, could be a pet, a summon or an intelligent item

I'm a fan of Pierre Richard unlucky movie characters but domino is more popular this days i guess.
    a class without rotation and a good rng system is the only way i could play a game without being bored by doing the same things again and again and again.

So make Chaos Theory a class mechanics (maybe like a roguelite run).

ps: this game really miss a dual wield ranged weapon (throwing knives/dagger/axes/wand)

sorry for my bad english, my native langage is french.
  • Options
    if the devs have freedom to create their ideas in-game, I think this is gonna be a beast of a game
  • Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Gathering
    I’m generally a primary gatherer/crafter in most MMO’s so I’m excited to delve into the gathering system. Finding out that certain harvestables will only be found during certain scenarios was super exciting. I can’t wait to create conditional resource maps. I’m hoping the gathering process is somewhat more interactive than simply click and collect because that’s usually the most boring system. It doesn’t need to be a full-on mini game like Palia fishing but could be something as basic as Fiesta Online where you can just click and collect if you want but you can also hit a “success” bar to instantly collect the resource. Basically, looking forward to seeing the intricacy of the gathering system

Raiding
    Boss battles and dungeon raiding are always something that’s super fun. I mean, being surrounded by 20-100 people all with the same purpose as you with some attempt to coordinate efforts in killing an extremely difficult mob? Yes please. Plus collecting rare loot from it is fun too.

Housing
    It’s more of an end game experience for me, but I love decorating houses or doing “fashion”. It’s going to be an interesting balancing job this time around because I’d want to get some primo-housing spots so that if the node got to metropolis, I’d have some of the best housing options. That and of course be one of those who can have a freehold location. But I think it’d be something that I wouldn’t necessarily be crazy mad at if I didn’t manage to snag one. I mean it’s been like 4+ years in FFXIV and still haven’t got a housing plot.

But I mean. All of this is dependent on the social aspect. There’s plenty of single player games, or dead MMOs, where I can perform the above things…but they’re just not fun long term without others to talk to/share with.
    So I guess the real top content I’m looking forward to in-game is playing a game with others who love it as much as I do.
  • Options
    tobi1577tobi1577 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would really love to see the Parlor games system expanded in Ashes to also include more arcade machine focused games. You would want to match aesthetic of course, where the mechanisms are powered by magic (kinda how Arcane did it), but I feel it would really add to the game. When groups try to coordinate and establish a meeting point for some activity, picking a tavern would allow for the people showing up early to play on the arcade machines while waiting for the others, without having to commit to other games that might call for more investment. Putting high scores with the machines that are node-based would also create ownership with the node, since if the node is destroyed during a siege their scores on the leaderboards would be gone.
  • Options
    I would love to see Card Games at taverns (Blackjack, Texas Hold em, Poker,ect) id be in taverns every day LOL. I Think a lot of people would be in taverns playing these games too.
  • Options
    Raven016Raven016 Member
    edited September 2023
    Vaknar wrote: »
    This question was not really clear to me until stream.
    Create a special skill tree, which when activated, cannot be available on any other alt the player may have, basically making that character "the main". Players should not be able to unlearn that skill tree.
  • Options
    I want to strengthen a guild with which to fight bosses and participate in sieges or defense of nodes, gather materials for crafters. also collect mounts and explore the world
  • Options
    GodawfulGodawful Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would love to see puzzles, mysteries & exploration in ashes. the land a Verra is going to be a pretty big map for a mmorpg. & I would love to get lost in its lore. Nothing feeds exploration like the feeling of there being a secret behind every corner that makes you want to just go searching.

EXAMPLE: the player is walking down a road in Verra, they see an odd looking tree in the distance. they walk up to the tree and notice these symbols on the tree (generic fire symbol)-(generic water symbol), the answer being the player must get another character to join with magical capabilities, while one casts a fire spell, the other casts a water spell. the tree then "opens" up, its a hidden dungeon, filled with other puzzles, and boss level creatures the player must defeat for a special reward. when it is claimed, the tree spawns in another random location around verra.

fill Verra with quests & discoveries like that, for endless hours, days, years of fun.
    maybe we uncover a secret cult dedicated to one of the god of old in Verra, that take us into the sea to find an underwater society no one ever thought to look for...

Hope im not the only one that likes these kinds of mechanics in games.
  • Options
    I like large scale PvP (BDO node war, WAR + Aion Zerg battles), battlegrounds (SWotor, WoW, Wildstar and best of all standardized low level Rift). I hate duels and arena.

I like fishing, all crafting, trading, playing the economy and ocean content(BDO). I hate being forced into brainless grinding (be that mobs, dungeons, quests or whatever).

I don't need a system to be the best that was ever made, but it should be enjoyable, polished and satisfying to a degree. They should also be a good compromise between being easy to access and being as deep and complex as possible (no complexity for the sake of complexity though).

But.......what I really want from AoC is for it to be a community focused game in a way that encourages community building and constructive, positive interaction. I think you know exactly what I mean and the node update makes me think, that you're going in that direction. From freehold to corruption to node management it always shines through, that negative, abusive, toxic actions and behaviours are possible and may even be profitable and rewarding, but in the long run and the bigger picture it will harm your progression and standing.

I don't want any specific content from you. What I want is that group play and social interaction is more rewarding and effective than solo grinding or toxic meta gaming. I want AoC to be a social experience and not the realization of a power fantasy. It might seem paradoxical to expect that from a mmorpg, but my first experiences in mmos where exactly that. But it feels like I'm preaching to the choir, so....just keep doing, what you're doing.

• Options
    I just want an unscripted, organic Adventure!

One that'll allow me to have a meaningful imput on my story, yet won't hesitate to interfere, stick a stick into the spokes of my wheels, and let me attempt to solve a problem that no one else had nor will have - to tell my own tale.

My yearnings are for a world full of problems with no single correct answers, a world where change rules supreme.
  • Options
    OldManHashOldManHash Member
    edited September 2023
    My main hopes for the game are fluid and impactful combat, which I feel is already in a good spot. As far as fantasies go, I would love to be able to start a plantation with my guild (RL buddies) and grow all sorts of legal and illegal crops to then sell to nearby towns and nodes. Maybe hire guards (players and NPCs) to protect the property if PvP is enabled in that region. But it would also be fun to defend our compound in more of a PvE capacity, maybe even more so than PvP. Towns and Nodes could place buy orders and we could then hire people to take a caravan out to that location, thus enabling more chances for PvE and PvP encounters. When I think of like day to day fantasies in this world that would be at the top of my list. I'd still partake in other activities like dungeons and whatnot, but the daily activities would be making money off the land. Oh... and fishing, lol... please make fishing FUN and interactive.
  • Options

I'm mostly excited to create my character and start adventuring, questing, running them dungeons, exploring a huge new world and growing my character. Treasure hunting, seeking the star constellations collecting snazzy outfits for my Vek cleric and gathering gathering gathering.
    I'm looking forwards to watching the world change around me. The dynamic story arcs is the feature that has impressed me the most so far, I will definitely be drawn towards finding and completing these.

I enjoy objective based PvP so I expect caravan raiding (both attacking and defending) will become a common (and hopefully profitable) pastime for me. I'm interested in the monster coin events but don't know much about them.
    Node development, sieges, warfare, navel battles that kind of stuff sounds fun. There really is a lot of things i'm looking forwards to.
  • Options
    Housing: Static player housing with neighborhoods. PLEASE don't make static housing something that only 1%, or even only 25% of the population can participate in. Creating instanced areas exclusively for player housing would be fine so long as it's alongside other players. Another alternative is creating huge chunks of land just for player housing like Archeage did. Those areas didn't have a lot of detail, but when houses started popping up, it looked amazing and I would actually socialize in an mmo by talking with neighbors.

Crafting: Making the best armor/equipment in game should require BoP materials from high end content, such as raiding and high tier PVP. Nothing sucks the fun out the game for me more than feeling that I have to play the rat race on the auction house in order to keep up with gear. The funnest parts of the game should be how you obtain the best gear in the game, not via gold and just buying BiS off the auction house when you've never sat foot in a raid or high end pvp battle.

Raids: Please don't make raids any larger than 20 mans and make them so hard that the most difficult versions of the bosses take at least 100+ attempts. Trying to maintain a guild of 40+ raiders is extremely stressful and usually just leads to the content being made easier. In order to fill 40 people, you are by default going to have to carry a lot of bad players just to fill those 40 slots and you will have to have 5-10 people on the bench for when people are absent. People being able to multi-spec to flex into the role that is needed helps tremendously for these situations where people are absent for a few days.

PVP: Make sure that fights for nodes are something that players from all skill ranges can participate in and enjoy within a level playing field. Make it so that a guild and all of its guild members are account bound to a certain range of nodes that they can participate in based on their PVP rating. BDO had an issue where the top players in the game could participate in a very low level node fight and just crush them. They did this as payment to lower skilled guilds by letting them win the war (despite being "enemies" in the battle"). In exchange, the weaker guild would participate as cannon fodder in higher skilled guild's wars since there was no cap on the number of people that could participate. There should be reasonable caps on these wars to prevent this "more numbers good" battle, rather than the battle being focused on the coordination and skill of the players. Nothing was more demoralizing than starting a war and finding out that the best guild on the server was in it too, despite how low value the area was. It also really sucked when they would win based entirely on the number of people they had on their side.
  • Options
    My wife and I got to talking about features (again), and tried to narrow down to what kind of exploration would be awesome in a game as vast as ashes, and we got to thinking about Legends of Zelda: Breath of the Wild with their hidden Korok system! You venture out into the world and you see the familiar signs; flying balloons, a weird tree stump, and lone rock, a broken rock circle and so forth and every time it just gets you: you know it's a Korok and you get happy each time about this weird little rascal trying to hide away. Verra is going to be such an amazing place, and to fill it with the stalebread content of "daily quests" and "do this over-and-over a million times" would be such a shame, but going out trying to find some sort of whimsycal little creature hidden away behind small puzzles throughout the world? that would be really awesome and a fantastic way for us with gaming-exploration in our blood to really to get out into every nook and cranny of Verra! In regards to "why would you do it? why find these little creatures?" it could be something so simple as pure cosmetics.. funny looking outfits, whimsical mount-skins, cosmetic pets and the likes! (and ofc. you shouldn't be able to get everything! There should be more choices than currency so you have to actively choose and be happy about your little whimsical cosmetic to remind you of your journeys throughout Verra!) - oh and my wife adds that they should be super cute :smiley::smiley: !
  • Options
    willsummonwillsummon Member
    edited September 2023
    Mini-games in inns are always welcome. Jousting as a mini-game might be good idea.

SWTOR does a really good job in having something going on all the time. Weekly rotation of questing events, monthly rotation of holiday events, and seasonal PVP or Conquest events that happen for three months on/three months off.

Also, if there are weekly events, should these events not be timed with seasonal cycle, then for players doing the same event questlines will have different feels depending on the seasons; spring, summer, autumn, winter. That would help keep the feel of playing the game fresh.
  • Options
    willsummon wrote: »
    Mini-games in inns are always welcome. Jousting as a mini-game might be good idea.

SWTOR does a really good job in having something going on all the time. Weekly rotation of questing events, monthly rotation of holiday events, and seasonal PVP or Conquest events that happen for three months on/three months off.

Mini-games inside if Inn's and taverns are a must! I should be able to sit down at a tavern and order a drink, or maybe play some sort of mini-board game with another player, or even an NPC. Little details like this do wonders for immersion and I would argue are essential to a game like this.
  • Options
    The main ingame content I tend to enjoy are:

-open world harvesting as chill time
    -small group dungeons, challenging content with mandatory comms and coordination
    -structured PvP (wars, battlegrounds).

Features that I find undermine ingame content:

-quest systems where all objectives are shown on map. I'd rather use my brain and be present in the world rather than robot following bread crumbs.
    -zergs. Please kill the zerg, if content is tuned to 8 or 20 players put a system in place where it's in players best interest to play as designed
    -3rd party apps, websites, timers. Please design content in a way where the best / efficient choice is to play the game (random spawn location, timing), not follow farming /optimal leveling paths. If 3rd party features are good ideas, include those features in the game design eg on noticeboards (key world timers) or interactive NPCs and make it harder for 3rd party to add value, let alone be a 'must have' to be competitive.
  • Options
    FreemetaFreemeta Member
    edited September 2023
    deleted
    sorry for my bad english, my native langage is french.
  • Options
    Idk,

Having mobs/critters/creeps idk the term in this game, not drop loot or armour or something even gold. Makes no sense.
    Maybe if you skin them or take a tusk something like that,
    u can sell it for gold or coin.
    Think most/best items, should be crafted by players and maybe blueprints from a merchant's node or schientific node.

Higher levels should not become immune to DMG I guess, a couple of organized low levels, with hard enough tactics or skills.
    Should be able to take down a higher level player.

In ESO elder scrolls online.
    The scalling makes no sense, and either the dungeons are too easy not getting any dmg from mobs or mind bosses.
    But the last boss of the area does 0% dmg
    And 100% dmg. I don't find it fun.

People rushing true dungeons just to get there daily as fast as possible, leaving newer players behind
    (from group making ststem)
    Going true the content solo and ruining the experience for the rest of the group.
    They should be punished by simple MOBS of enemy's. But they do 0% dmg so it's usseles.

There is a open world PvP area with 3 army's, where they zerg-swarm or have a ball groups. And they feel good about themself.
    Always taking the path of least resistance.
    Fighting the weaker army.
    (Is possible to beat a zerg or have some tactics, the zerg army can only be at one place at a time)
    Maybe some in-game mechanics to make it more tedious or difficult or just not worth it. To have 200 men charge the gate all at once.

I think it's a good thing to not have a 24/7 Node sieging system.
    One group could have fought hard or grinded a lot.
    Goes offline for a couple of hours (sleep)
    To find out the night shift took over the world map because there was no resistance left. No players online.
    (Maybe the attacker could choose from a pre-determind time table, then the players can try to be there or just miss the war/deffence)
    I think that's already in the game.

Wow started out good, with crafting and sorcery teleport be know I to players.
    If every body can do every thing.
    There is no reason to play together.

What if my guild ruines a server with foul play, sleazy mechanics, pointless wars.
    Beating down on already lost guilds etc.
    I don't think they should be able to server jump to another server.
    Guess they should create a new character and start over in the new server.

No immortals, taking 0% dmg.
    Idk if 5 archers shoot one player and he's not taking any dmg at all.
    I think its just a bad game.
    I don't see the logics or fun in this.

The Community should make the tavern or other locations, prime places to recruit members for grouping up.
    Or should you just wait in front of the dungeon you wanna do and wait for a group to pass by and invite you.

Daily moves/skills
    Idk if you maxed out your priest, Maybe u can cast mass ressurection once a day. (Out of battle)
    And maybe all the classes have some unis daily skills, or special items to give moves/skills like that.
    (Idk the mage can get a mass teleport item from some insane story quest boss)

Love the system where there are only a couple of (flying mounths)
    Where not everybody can do everything, making each other obsolete.
    (Most MMO's start like this, but eventually they give in (sell out) there game.
    To cater certain players or Idk what the reasons are.)
    Changing there game mechanics,
    I don't have many examples but I think u know what I mean. I'm not even talking about pay to win.
    I'm talking about something like,
    WoW sorcerer class mage and warlock.
    The sorcerer had mass teleportation (epic) it comes from the Warcraft 3 story.
    And it made the game and the characters uniek. But a bit later they scrap that and now every one can teleport. There goes the hardcore team play mechanic.
    Warlock had ressurection skills, he could even gift to a player but they changed that.

They remove epic team play, or uniek skills.
    To have every one be able to do those skills.
    Crafting same story.
    It ruins the RPG aspect of the game, the team play, the economy etc etc etc.

(Sorry to make my opinions sound factual)
    Couse it ain't, there just opinions or the way I see it.
  • Options
    SinceBurfSinceBurf Member
    edited October 2023
    First off let me start by saying I absolutely love the idea of asking the consumer questions. Second, this is a great question!

To start, I look forward to the immersion focused gameplay. Having that escape is a long lost feeling since good MMORPGs are hard to come by. The classes are so well thought of and the customization within them is amazing. I have like 10 builds that I think are my playstyle or that just sound amazing to play.

Another, would be the simple attention to detail in the world and the story arc. Not only will player decisions matter but so do events and things of that nature. I think this will create such a great fresh new feelings logging on every day. Or just that since of pride in things going on in the world and wanting to join in defending, attacking etc.

Lastly, Id say the one thing cannot wait for the most is just some good PvP. Everything I’ve seen so far looks amazing. Castle sieges are a beautiful thing and see and hear about summoning huge monsters that are player controlled, scaling walls as a certain class, siege engines, destructible walls and doors, open field battles, and that last big battle with a mini boss fighting with the defenders. It has me so excited to get going in the PvP scene.

My only worry is in the PvP scene. I noticed in the open field battle footage there was not really a frontline. By frontline I mean a solid groups of tanks and warriors holding their own in the fight. I feel like everyone was at casting distance and just spamming abilities on a larger group to see big numbers pop up on the screen. So I’m wondering will it be hard but doable for those frontline players to have a good open field battle & siege battle PvP experience. Or will they just die immediately due to 85% of the player base going with a ranged based build? I don’t want AoC to turn into that PvP scene where there’s one tank standing in the middle of the battlefield holding his shield trying to push and then dying after a few seconds because there’s so many ranged players and the battle literally goes no where.

Outside of my one worry, I believe the game is amazing! All that’s left now is to get my hands on it!!!