Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What We Like And Dislike MOST about AOC

Comments

• Options
    Ull wrote: »
    royal mount/tier 3 mount system is by far the worst idea i’ve ever seen in a game with respect to mounts, I’d rather get three tier 10 Mythical horses in BDO (a game which recently gave out free Tier 9 Dream horses to every player) than enslave an entire load of people just to get myself a tier 3 mount. This type of inhumane idea could only have come from the type of person who thinks wageless slavery of players en masse to gain a single player the ability to ride tier 3 mounts is a good thing when it is very obviously awful game design and disrespectful to the entire playerbase

It's a video game. No one is being forced to help anyone to get a royal mount. They are limited because they are supposed to be special. To accuse someone of being inhumane because of your own greed is a little fucked.

your opinion seems a little bit inhumane to me, mister gatekeeper

it is very clear by comments made by developers they intend for us to engage in ingame slavery/fuedal combat to gain personal benefits for the .1%, explain clearly in your own words why you think the developers comments regarding tier 3 mount gatekeeping is not inhumane, if you can

btw 10-20 players per server means if there are 10000 players in a server literally means tier 3 mounts are gatekept for the .1% of “best” wage slavers on the server and another .1% of lucky droppers. only one of those methods is skill based and the skill involved is wage slavery

and another thing, whats the point of an animal husbandry skill if you dont even let players who focus on animal husbandry entirely have access to the top tier of mounts? in what kind of game world does that make logical sense?

“ohh you spend all your days on animal husbandry? sucks to suck should have spent your time becoming an in game fuedal lord with many vassals, because everyone knows thats how great mounts are bred/trained”

Can you please detail what you mean by in game slavery and what system in AOC is promoting this? What do you mean by ‘The inhumane wageless slavery’ ?
  • Options
    UllUll Member
    edited August 2023
    Depraved wrote: »
    royal mount/tier 3 mount system is by far the worst idea i’ve ever seen in a game with respect to mounts, I’d rather get three tier 10 Mythical horses in BDO (a game which recently gave out free Tier 9 Dream horses to every player) than enslave an entire load of people just to get myself a tier 3 mount. This type of inhumane idea could only have come from the type of person who thinks wageless slavery of players en masse to gain a single player the ability to ride tier 3 mounts is a good thing when it is very obviously awful game design and disrespectful to the entire playerbase

i like animal husbandry, the wiki page makes it seem fun. tier 3 mounts should be related entirely to animal husbandry abilities and have nothing to do with “kings/losers/queens/slavers/mayors”

stupid opinions on this topic, presumably made by people who dont respect their players enough to not have them become in game slavers for personal benefits for the :1%:
    Generally flying is not something that we're going to be doing in this game and there's a lot of reasons for that: Some of it is economic, some of it is ... you create this really great looking world and we don't want you flying over all the time.[49] – Jeffrey Bard

At any given point in time you're gonna see anywhere from 10 to maybe at max I would say around 20 based off of the legendary world boss timers. Probably 20 people who have flying abilities.[53] – Steven Sharif

I understand this is a controversial opinion and it may seem rude to point out the obvious, but I believe the idea that we should be forced to engage in ingame slavery to acquire personal benefits for ourselves is incredibly disrespectful to every player.

so if your guild voluntarily comes to a castle siege and helps you get the castle benefiting them as well, and because you got the castle you get a flying mount, thats somehow slavery? wtf

but somehow animal husbandry is ok, when you will probably need other people's help to get a flying mount as well.

wtf? so somehow voluntarily slavery is ok animal husbandry is not ok? someone explain the current implementation of tier 3 mounts to me, in a way that makes logical sense for a game with a profession as animal husbandry. as far as i can tell right now some executives believes reserving the highest tier of mounts should be exclusively for those with the biggest and bestest and beautifulest volunteer slaves, or in other words the .1%, literally, going by the numbers. dont we have enough of that in the real world?

just because you volunteer to be a slave doesnt mean you arent a slave, wage slaves dont go around saying at work “im a wage slave” but that doesnt mean they arent wage slaves, similarly volunteer slaves are still volunteer slaves, whether or not they say the quiet parts out loud
  • Options
    RavicusRavicus Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think the term is indentured servant, not slavery. Slavery is force. There is no force. Indentured servitude is working off debt. Not even sure if that is the right term. But bringing the word slavery into this discussion is just wrong, as it is nothing of the sort.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    UllUll Member
    edited August 2023
    Ravicus wrote: »
    I think the term is indentured servant, not slavery. Slavery is force. There is no force. Indentured servitude is working off debt. Not even sure if that is the right term. But bringing the word slavery into this discussion is just wrong, as it is nothing of the sort.

alright we’ll meet in the middle and called it serfdom/indentured servitude/etc benefitting the .1% of feudal lords with in game benefits that dont logically make sense, given that there is an entire animal husbandry profession. from what ive seen the profession is pretty in depth and unique, but gatekeeping tier 3 mounts through another system entirely doesn’t seem logical or respectful to players. egg drops from world bosses requiring animal husbandry skill makes sense. giving kings/queens/fuedal lords with big and beautiful vassal armies making the lands “great again”/mayors eggs sort of makes sense if you assume they have NPC slaves mercilessly grinding world bosses for the infinite supply of tier 3 mounts for the making-the-land-great-again crowd. making it so animal husbandry outside of being the .1% with an egg and raising it the profession has no role in the top tier of mounts seems like this is entirely about reliably benefitting the .1% of fuedal lords while throwing bread crumbs to the masses for appeasement

• Options

alright we’ll meet in the middle and called it serfdom/indentured servitude/etc benefitting the .1% of feudal lords with in game benefits that dont logically make sense, given that there is an entire animal husbandry profession. from what ive seen the profession is pretty in depth and unique, but gatekeeping tier 3 mounts through another system entirely doesn’t seem logical or respectful to players.

So what is the actual rub that you have? Are you talking about kickstart backers that paid thousands of dollars for this or ones that players can get in game? I am wondering what makes you think you could not have what others could not?
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    UllUll Member
    edited August 2023

alright we’ll meet in the middle and called it serfdom/indentured servitude/etc benefitting the .1% of feudal lords with in game benefits that dont logically make sense, given that there is an entire animal husbandry profession. from what ive seen the profession is pretty in depth and unique, but gatekeeping tier 3 mounts through another system entirely doesn’t seem logical or respectful to players.

So what is the actual rub that you have? Are you talking about kickstart backers that paid thousands of dollars for this or ones that players can get in game? I am wondering what makes you think you could not have what others could not?

if you’re talking about skins i already have a royal horse skin and dont exactly need to acquire another -

no, this is about the only reliable way to access tier 3 mounts being gatekept behind fuedal lord mechanics where the primary skill is ingame slavery (you can pretend you wont get kicked for missing events and disobeying a guild leader but lets not kid yourself, if you’re in a guild competing for nodes this is exactly what will happen, thus in some respects the term wageless slavery does apply, factually speaking)

this mechanic in its current implementation greatly cheapens the animal husbandry skill.

Royal mounts are a tier 3[5] class of flying mounts available to Mayors of metropolis nodes and Kings and Queens of Guild castles. Royal mounts can also be dropped from legendary world bosses.[51][21]

Royal mounts are capable of true flight when utilized by Mayors of metropolis nodes or Kings and Queens of Guild castles.[21][49]
    Flight capable royal mounts are also dropped from World bosses as eggs. These mounts will have a life-span likely between 15 to 30 days (online and offline time)[51] after which the mounts will pass away.[21][52]
    Royal mounts are dropped as eggs that can be cultivated through the Animal husbandry profession for artisans with a high enough stable upgrade on their freehold.[51] The eggs themselves also have a lifetime.[53]
  • Options
    So you can get one n game, it would just be rare. Kind of like a legendary weapon as it will be a drop. You can also make a guild, lay seige to a castle and become a king or queen of it. It all depends on how much work you want to put into the game.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    UllUll Member
    So you can get one n game, it would just be rare. Kind of like a legendary weapon as it will be a drop. You can also make a guild, lay seige to a castle and become a king or queen of it. It all depends on how much work you want to put into the game.

this mechanic in its current implementation greatly cheapens the animal husbandry skill, gatekeeping tier three mounts almost entirely outside of the animal husbandry skill is kinda crazy, and i maintain that this mechanic in its current form is designed to reliably benefit the .1% of ingame slave lords, while throwing .1% to the masses to fight themselves over…
  • Options

this mechanic in its current implementation greatly cheapens the animal husbandry skill, gatekeeping tier three mounts almost entirely outside of the animal husbandry skill is kinda crazy, and i maintain that this mechanic in its current form is designed to reliably benefit the .1% of ingame slave lords, while throwing .1% to the masses to fight themselves over…

maybe this game is not for you then.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    UllUll Member
    edited August 2023

i’ll be fine, if this mechanic makes it to release in its current form i will create an alliance of people who coordinate the hunting of royal mount owners

“if we cant have it no one can” will be our motto, anyone in the 99.99% of people who dont have tier 3 mounts would be welcome.
  • Options

i’ll be fine, if this mechanic makes it to release in its current form i will create an alliance of people who coordinate the hunting of royal mount owners

“if we cant have it no one can” will be our motto, anyone in the 99.99% of people who dont have tier 3 mounts would be welcome.

Well I like that attitude!!
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack

I'd call it more a feudal system than anything.
  • Options
    UllUll Member
    edited August 2023
    While I have “go hunting alliance” backup plan, Im still confused, if someone spends hundreds to thousands of hours dedicated to the animal husbandry profession, what logical reason should there be for gatekeeping tier 3 mounts to other mechanics?

I mean logically, in the game world if someone spends thousands of hours mastering a profession shouldn’t they be able to at least access the top tier of things related to their profession reliably?

Fighting for castles or etc and fighting world bosses to get the eggs, i’m not saying either of those is a bad thing necessarily, i’m just saying people who become masters of a profession should not be gatekept out of content related to their profession - whats the incentive to master a profession if all the best things just go to the feudal lords?

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Animal_husbandry

this profession is very well designed, why should tier 3 mounts not be achievable through the mount class skill?
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2023
    I don’t really consider Flying Mounts to be the top tier of Animal Husbandry.
    I don’t believe Grandmasters at Animal Husbandry can Tame or Breed Flying Mounts.

We are vassals to Kings/Queens/Mayors.
    So, no…
    I don’t expect anyone other than those people to have access to flying mounts just because they are Grandmasters of Animal Husbandry.
  • Options
    - Graphics
    - Lots of sandbox elements
    - Player Housing
    - Detailed Crafting system
    - Risk vs Reward

Dislikes:
    - Action combat hybrid system, just stick with tab targeting
    - Cosmetic shop
    - Effects are really nice but can be toned down
  • Options
    UllUll Member
    edited August 2023
    Dygz wrote: »
    I don’t really consider Flying mounts to be the top tier of Animal Husbandry.
    We are vassals to Kings/Queens/Mayors.

So, no…
    I don’t expect anyone other than those people to have access to flying mounts just because they are Grandmasters of Animal Husbandry.

well you know what they say about opinions, everyone is entitled to one

i will disagree and say that just sounds moronic and greatly cheapens profession skills such as animal husbandry.

if you want to be a volunteer slave for your guild leader that’s your prerogative, but it is clear you are not going to spend any time on the animal husbandry skill so why should your opinion on this topic matter?

why should anyone invest the time required to become a master of a profession if the devs will just gatekeep certain content for the literal .1%?

if the profession didn’t have an artificial glass ceiling i might spend a thousand or more hours on it, if not i know my time will be better spent elsewhere, as spending a tiny amount of effort on a profession will be enough to reach the ceiling
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The person whose opinion matters is Steven.
    You are, of course, free to disagree with his opinion.

Animal Husbandry is not going to automatically give you access to Flying Mounts.
    Pretty sure that is not just opinion.

Players will be vassals of Queens/Kings/Mayors.
    That is integral to the game design.
    You don’t have to like it.
    You also don’t have to help your guild gain access to Flying Mounts if you don’t want to.
  • Options
    UllUll Member
    edited August 2023
    Dygz wrote: »
    The person whose opinion matters is Steven.
    You are, of course, free to disagree with his opinion.

Animal Husbandry is not going to automatically give you access to Flying Mounts.
    Pretty sure that is not just opinion.

Players will be vassals of Queens/Kings/Mayors.
    That is integral to the game design.
    You don’t have to like it.
    You also don’t have to help your guild gain access to Flying Mounts if you don’t want to.

stevens opinion on this is bad. i’ll say it since many don’t have the will required.

as of now as cool as the profession is ive just lost interest and i know my time will be better spent doing other things, such as hunting tier 3 mount riders after buying mounts from chumps

as a life skiller in many games i can tell stevens current implementation gives no respect to top end life skillers and thus there is little reason to invest significant time

no reason to invest time in a lifeskill with an artificial ceiling that’s in game solely to satisfy a guy with a bad opinion on this topic

if you think i’m wrong you’re probably one of the ones that will be selling me mounts to use to hunt your guild leader, which i think would make for good gameplay for everyone, if i’m being honest

kinda tom/jerry/dog like
    or is it tweety/sylvester/dog? who can remember
    it will surely be wacky races
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »

i like animal husbandry, the wiki page makes it seem fun. tier 3 mounts should be related entirely to animal husbandry abilities and have nothing to do with “kings/losers/queens/slavers/mayors”

stupid opinions on this topic, presumably made by people who dont respect their players enough to not have them become in game slavers for personal benefits for the :1%:
    Generally flying is not something that we're going to be doing in this game and there's a lot of reasons for that: Some of it is economic, some of it is ... you create this really great looking world and we don't want you flying over all the time.[49] – Jeffrey Bard

At any given point in time you're gonna see anywhere from 10 to maybe at max I would say around 20 based off of the legendary world boss timers. Probably 20 people who have flying abilities.[53] – Steven Sharif

I understand this is a controversial opinion and it may seem rude to point out the obvious, but I believe the idea that we should be forced to engage in ingame slavery to acquire personal benefits for ourselves is incredibly disrespectful to every player.

so if your guild voluntarily comes to a castle siege and helps you get the castle benefiting them as well, and because you got the castle you get a flying mount, thats somehow slavery? wtf

but somehow animal husbandry is ok, when you will probably need other people's help to get a flying mount as well.

wtf? so somehow voluntarily slavery is ok animal husbandry is not ok? someone explain the current implementation of tier 3 mounts to me, in a way that makes logical sense for a game with a profession as animal husbandry. as far as i can tell right now some executives believes reserving the highest tier of mounts should be exclusively for those with the biggest and bestest and beautifulest volunteer slaves, or in other words the .1%, literally, going by the numbers. dont we have enough of that in the real world?

just because you volunteer to be a slave doesnt mean you arent a slave, wage slaves dont go around saying at work “im a wage slave” but that doesnt mean they arent wage slaves, similarly volunteer slaves are still volunteer slaves, whether or not they say the quiet parts out loud

by definition, you cant volunteer to be a slave. the only way you can be a slave is if you are forced.

look nvm you are absolutely right. i just hope you give ur flying mounts to those who helped you level up animal husbandry to max and get the flying mount egg, otherwise, you will be a slave owner.
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One

It's a video game. No one is being forced to help anyone to get a royal mount. They are limited because they are supposed to be special. To accuse someone of being inhumane because of your own greed is a little fucked.

it is very clear by comments made by developers they intend for us to engage in ingame slavery/fuedal combat to gain personal benefits for the .1%, explain clearly in your own words why you think the developers comments regarding tier 3 mount gatekeeping is not inhumane, if you can

btw 10-20 players per server means if there are 10000 players in a server literally means tier 3 mounts are gatekept for the .1% of “best” wage slavers on the server and another .1% of lucky droppers. only one of those methods is skill based and the skill involved is wage slavery

and another thing, whats the point of an animal husbandry skill if you dont even let players who focus on animal husbandry entirely have access to the top tier of mounts? in what kind of game world does that make logical sense?

“ohh you spend all your days on animal husbandry? sucks to suck should have spent your time becoming an in game fuedal lord with many vassals, because everyone knows thats how great mounts are bred/trained”

And your comment comes across as greedy and manipulative to me.

As I said, this is a game, not the real world. No one is being forced to help anyone or needs to help anyone. Since it is a game and no one needs to or is being forced to do anything, it's not equitable to the real-world problems you are trying to compare it to. My guild leader may get one someday, doesn't mean they had to enslave me to make it happen. I'm a part of their guild because of other benefits I get for being a part of a guild.

While technically it is the highest tier of mount, since only 10-20 people can have the mount at one time, it's not the highest tier mount most people will be using. The highest-tier mounts most people will use are the ones that can be crafted. Even the people who get these mounts won't have them forever and will be reliant on the same mounts that everyone else uses.
  • Options
    UllUll Member
    edited August 2023

As I said, this is a game, not the real world. No one is being forced to help anyone or needs to help anyone. Since it is a game and no one needs to or is being forced to do anything, it's not equitable to the real-world problems you are trying to compare it to. My guild leader may get one someday, doesn't mean they had to enslave me to make it happen. I'm a part of their guild because of other benefits I get for being a part of a guild.

While technically it is the highest tier of mount, since only 10-20 people can have the mount at one time, it's not the highest tier mount most people will be using. The highest-tier mounts most people will use are the ones that can be crafted. Even the people who get these mounts won't have them forever and will be reliant on the same mounts that everyone else uses.

your comment comes across as greedy and manipulative to me.

thank you for explaining why i definitely shouldn’t waste my time on profession skills that openly disrespect the meaning of player skill, i can just have the mount sellers do that while the alliance can focus on hunting the tier 3 mount users in addition to other more respectable activities (compared to life skilling, from stevien point of view) such as pvping and getting better gear from dungeons, etc

you guys are helping me strategize how to hunt tier 3 mount users, thank you

my apologies to the developers of professions like animal husbandry, you’ve done great work and i’m sure the profession will add a lot to the game but your boss wants an artificial glass ceiling to benefit the .1%… in 2023!!! i can’t condone that so i must refrain from playing/focusing this type of profession, my time likely will be better spent elsewhere

player skills should matter
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    UII you sound like a victim and Im pretty much tired of you from day 1.
  • Options
    valerian wrote: »
    Like : I am going to PVP the Jesus out of everyone , including all of discord and especially " I is There No one Else " , guess what there is me. That's right , I know you from ESO and I will be coming for you and the other guy your podcasting with. No one is safe with me, I will be hunting every last person i see on social media in AOC. Okay, I calmed down now. HAHA

Dislike : I don't know yet because, I will be PVP'ing everyone and I'm too hyped for the PVX aspect of this game to be concerned on mere dislikes !

Un-emotional random thoughts : Been playing ESO since launch, taking a break. But you guys do a damn good job on discussing AOC with critical thinking, I've listened to " I IS THERE NO ONE ELSE "! a few times on ESO podcast. Although I disagreed on a few occasions, I still like your thoughts. And ,Is there no one else! is there no one else ! oh plz .... stop crying and letting others carry you in pvp HAHAHAHA ..... LOVE YOU ALL ! see you in Ashes. muhahaha.

0zatqh83i8y4.png

• Options
    Like: trying to be full immersive world

Dislike: server system choice (makes it really hard 1-4 years down the line when you find out someone also plays) and class system (makes it hard to play with friends if key players like tank or healer is busy that day) nether is even remotely possible to change at this point and I respect the choice to use them.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

your comment comes across as greedy and manipulative to me.

thank you for explaining why i definitely shouldn’t waste my time on profession skills that openly disrespect the meaning of player skill, i can just have the mount sellers do that while the alliance can focus on hunting the tier 3 mount users in addition to other more respectable activities (compared to life skilling, from stevien point of view) such as pvping and getting better gear from dungeons, etc

you guys are helping me strategize how to hunt tier 3 mount users, thank you

my apologies to the developers of professions like animal husbandry, you’ve done great work and i’m sure the profession will add a lot to the game but your boss wants an artificial glass ceiling to benefit the .1%… in 2023!!! i can’t condone that so i must refrain from playing/focusing this type of profession, my time likely will be better spent elsewhere

player skills should matter

You do know animal husbandry is about making your own mounts stats better and getting cool variations to sell and not about magically turning your cute fluffy ground lizard into a flying dragon right?

Just checking.

Also why would you want everyone to have flying? Totally ruins the game.

I'm happy with the glider system. Otherwise noone would be around to fight. They'd just be sitting in the air like those poor saps still playing wow
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Flying kills OWPvP. Completely fine with only 20 people having it at any one time.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    ChunkaChunka Member
    edited August 2023
    Like: - Random open world PvP (small to medium scale)
    - Build variety
    - Potential of certain legendary items being limited to one per server at any given time.
    - No participation rewards! If you want something, you have to work hard for it.

Dislike: - Only thing I dislike, or actually despise, is not being albe to see exact target's HP. I just don't see a single good thing about it, it just sounds very annoying.
  • Options
    UllUll Member
    edited August 2023
    in this thread: people who would make ideal volunteer slaves, people who have never stood up for themselves once in their lives, people who have no skill, people who get their camera out and record when a bystander needs help, people who think pvp is important but professions arent, etc etc

your opinions are largely irrelevant, if you were life skillers i might take your opinions seriously, but we can clearly see by your responses that you are not

in this discussion regarding the currently extremely poor implementation of certain life skill aspects, i have yet to see any real justification for locking tier 3 mounts entirely outside of a skill designed for mounts. the only justifications offered so far are from whiny pvping children from the playground that can’t imagine gameplay beyond acting like rugrats fighting eachother, and we lifeskillers know their opinion on this topic is largely irrelevant, they wont be the ones lifeskilling to the max.

for those of you who believe lifeskillers who spend thousands of hours on mainly life skills having tier 3 mounts achieved through animal husbandry will “break pvp”, i have some planets to sell you

alternatively, maybe pvpers should stop acting like babies and learn about coexistence and sharing is caring. if the game doesn’t care about lifeskillers enough to respect their time, why would we not just go do other things?

if the gripe is “well as people spent a thousand hours working to get a tier 3 mount, and they have no pvp skills on account of spending all their time providing mounts to the pvpers, but we are still afraid of them, what if they do one damage to us???”, just make animal husbandry tier 3 mounts non combat. cry babies solved. life skillers wont care because engaging in open world pvp is uncivilized and not something real lifeskillers would engage in, pvpers wont care because it doesnt give defenseless lifeskillers any additional defenses

i’ve heard talk about “risk vs reward”

where is the reward for risking your time on professions? as far as i can tell, like princess peach, the reward is in another castle and wasting much time on professions is a poor choice
  • Options
    and we cant also take your opinions seriously since you arent a pvper in a pvp game. touche :D

you know pvpers do life skills too. if pvers leave, the pvpers will keep the economy going. ltierally in every pvp game.
  • Options

hyperbole going to hyperbole, but correlating Mayorship to slavery is insane. It's a title, titles are hard to acquire so the rewards for such are given in turn.

Also since you read the wiki did you read this? dtkhqhrr5gti.png

What aspect of slavery is this where you can buy a royal egg drop or get an rng chance at farming it yourself?

They also state in the wiki that tier 3 mounts are for 10-20 people throughout the entire map of 10,000 to 20,000 people. So roughly .2% of the population will have these extremely rare mounts. Are you really hijacking a thread over something so rare?