Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What We Like And Dislike MOST about AOC

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Ull wrote: »

where is the reward for risking your time on professions? as far as i can tell, like princess peach, the reward is in another castle and wasting much time on professions is a poor choice

Maybe you should read the wiki, because being a master crafter in any skill is going to be extremely rare to do, meaning you'll be a commodity if you reach the height of whatever life skill you have. Sounds like it could be insanely profitable to me, to a point where you could probably buy anything you want...even a royal egg perhaps.
    Ravicus wrote: »
    I think the term is indentured servant, not slavery. Slavery is force. There is no force. Indentured servitude is working off debt. Not even sure if that is the right term. But bringing the word slavery into this discussion is just wrong, as it is nothing of the sort.

Can't believe it had to be said, but here we are. Groups appoint leaders. Different nodes will have different forms of leaders. You can choose to be a part of a node or not. This just sounds like an incendiary way of saying "i can't get what i want in the life-skilling I want to do", which I already highlighted is not true because if you're good at your life-skilling profession you can buy these eggs.
  • Options
    Yea this thread really did a 180 when he did that stretch of a comparison with slavery. Seems very angrily motivated. I’ve seen a lot of people upset with certain exclusivities. The most popular being freeholds, but being this upset isn’t called for
  • Options
    in this thread: people who would make ideal volunteer slaves, people who have never stood up for themselves once in their lives, people who have no skill, people who get their camera out and record when a bystander needs help, people who think pvp is important but professions arent, etc etc

your opinions are largely irrelevant, if you were life skillers i might take your opinions seriously, but we can clearly see by your responses that you are not

in this discussion regarding the currently extremely poor implementation of certain life skill aspects, i have yet to see any real justification for locking tier 3 mounts entirely outside of a skill designed for mounts. the only justifications offered so far are from whiny pvping children from the playground that can’t imagine gameplay beyond acting like rugrats fighting eachother, and we lifeskillers know their opinion on this topic is largely irrelevant, they wont be the ones lifeskilling to the max.

for those of you who believe lifeskillers who spend thousands of hours on mainly life skills having tier 3 mounts achieved through animal husbandry will “break pvp”, i have some planets to sell you

alternatively, maybe pvpers should stop acting like babies and learn about coexistence and sharing is caring. if the game doesn’t care about lifeskillers enough to respect their time, why would we not just go do other things?

if the gripe is “well as people spent a thousand hours working to get a tier 3 mount, and they have no pvp skills on account of spending all their time providing mounts to the pvpers, but we are still afraid of them, what if they do one damage to us???”, just make animal husbandry tier 3 mounts non combat. cry babies solved. life skillers wont care because engaging in open world pvp is uncivilized and not something real lifeskillers would engage in, pvpers wont care because it doesnt give defenseless lifeskillers any additional defenses

i’ve heard talk about “risk vs reward”

where is the reward for risking your time on professions? as far as i can tell, like princess peach, the reward is in another castle and wasting much time on professions is a poor choice

Sir, this is a Wendy's
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2023
    in this thread: people who would make ideal volunteer slaves, people who have never stood up for themselves once in their lives, people who have no skill, people who get their camera out and record when a bystander needs help, people who think pvp is important but professions arent, etc etc

your opinions are largely irrelevant, if you were life skillers i might take your opinions seriously, but we can clearly see by your responses that you are not

in this discussion regarding the currently extremely poor implementation of certain life skill aspects, i have yet to see any real justification for locking tier 3 mounts entirely outside of a skill designed for mounts. the only justifications offered so far are from whiny pvping children from the playground that can’t imagine gameplay beyond acting like rugrats fighting eachother, and we lifeskillers know their opinion on this topic is largely irrelevant, they wont be the ones lifeskilling to the max.

for those of you who believe lifeskillers who spend thousands of hours on mainly life skills having tier 3 mounts achieved through animal husbandry will “break pvp”, i have some planets to sell you

alternatively, maybe pvpers should stop acting like babies and learn about coexistence and sharing is caring. if the game doesn’t care about lifeskillers enough to respect their time, why would we not just go do other things?

if the gripe is “well as people spent a thousand hours working to get a tier 3 mount, and they have no pvp skills on account of spending all their time providing mounts to the pvpers, but we are still afraid of them, what if they do one damage to us???”, just make animal husbandry tier 3 mounts non combat. cry babies solved. life skillers wont care because engaging in open world pvp is uncivilized and not something real lifeskillers would engage in, pvpers wont care because it doesnt give defenseless lifeskillers any additional defenses

Right...
    If you ever picked a tool in your life, or built a building or a device in your life, you wouldnt give a damn about lifeskilling in a fvcking video game.
    You'd be realistic about the need of economy in an mmo, but that's just about it.

Your QQing screams to me that you NEED to feel like a professional ingame because not only you havent stood up for yourself inrl, you dont even work for yourself inrl, and you need that in a videogame...

Get off the internet for starters. There is my help to you. Get off the internet because you got this all wrong, Spiderman..
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Git of the internet...
  • Options
    StalwartStalwart Member
    edited August 2023
    Most are subject to change after playing. I put them somewhat in order.

Copium:
    - Developer's mentality
    - A very deep game with many mechanics and systems
    - A very open world
    - Player agency looks like it will actually be real
    - Class kits are on a great projection
    - Better graphics than most MMO
    - I need to play its combat but it looks fast-paced and not static

Concerns:
    - Will combat be fun
    - PvE content limited in creativity and/or difficulty due to potential PvP conflict
    - The tuning to have "reds" as a viable playstyle and not having the world overrun with gankers.
    - Will this be a cohesive game or just a bunch of systems in a box?
    - Will player agency keep the game "alive" and not turn it into a grind for what you really want to do?
    - Will people routinely turn on their own nodes to progress through different content?
  • Options
    UllUll Member
    edited August 2023
    lol! whiny pvp babies are so easy to bait. thanks for showing everyone why you are called pvp babies

by your logics, if i cant be a real lifeskiller based on your thinking that i don’t use tools to make things myself:

“im a real pvper”
    oh really? when was the last time you killed a real person? talking about being a real pvper from your jail cells? peacemaker? what a joke

tl;dr btw sorry children i try not to fight with uncivilized people, that would be unbecoming of an entity with my abilities

let’s agree that “real pvpers” posting from their jail cells can’t possibly have relevant opinions on this topic and move on (i read none of your negative energy posts, positive vibes only please 🙏🏽)
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    0 days without some autistic schizo posting

qagipvpt100d.png
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2023
    is the game doesn’t care about lifeskillers enough to respect their time, why would we not just go do other things?

honestly, just go do other things, like touch some grass
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    SweatycupSweatycup Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2023
    Unless it's changed unbeknownst to me Flying Mounts actually have and give siege/attack/defense abilties and buffs just as normal mounts have unique abilties like charge and the like. Also acts as a command post where you can have a clear overview and swoop in on a dragon(Or other type) to support your group. Steven showed this footage way back of a flying mount and it was used to attack and oversee the battlefield. As well it's a mixed bag of balancing keeping your flying mount alive as you use it to attack or defend and/or oversee the situation as stated. Video must of been about 2 years ago around the time of alpha 1. It is a force multiplier when not being used as a command post. You will bake a egg essentially for big wars. It was never meant for everyone to have one and still isnt due to said occurrences. Some are the big beefy boys like a dragon should be. I am only talking from the perspective of the flying dragon mount from said video. There is other videos one with a phoenix that shows a unique ability as well but unsure if Steven displays its use. If you are curious enough you can drudge through old official videos to find them.
  • Options
    Stalwart wrote: »
    Most are subject to change after playing. I put them somewhat in order.

Copium:
    - Developer's mentality
    - A very deep game with many mechanics and systems
    - A very open world
    - Player agency looks like it will actually be real
    - Class kits are on a great projection
    - Better graphics than most MMO
    - I need to play its combat but it looks fast-paced and not static

Concerns:
    - Will combat be fun
    - PvE content limited in creativity and/or difficulty due to potential PvP conflict
    - The tuning to have "reds" as a viable playstyle and not having the world overrun with gankers.
    - Will this be a cohesive game or just a bunch of systems in a box?
    - Will player agency keep the game "alive" and not turn it into a grind for what you really want to do?
    - Will people routinely turn on their own nodes to progress through different content?

Great comment. Yea hopefully reds are balanced. Can’t wait to test the system in alpha 2
  • Options
    lol! whiny pvp babies are so easy to bait. thanks for showing everyone why you are called pvp babies

by your logics, if i cant be a real lifeskiller based on your thinking that i don’t use tools to make things myself:

“im a real pvper”
    oh really? when was the last time you killed a real person? talking about being a real pvper from your jail cells? peacemaker? what a joke

tl;dr btw sorry children i try not to fight with uncivilized people, that would be unbecoming of an entity with my abilities

let’s agree that “real pvpers” posting from their jail cells can’t possibly have relevant opinions on this topic and move on (i read none of your negative energy posts, positive vibes only please 🙏🏽)

Hey, are you ok? I’ll try to help you get you your favorite mount in alpha 2 or at release. I’m here if you need someone to talk to. May be worth logging out the forums for a little while.
  • Options
    UllUll Member
    edited August 2023

Right...
    If you ever picked a tool in your life, or built a building or a device in your life, you wouldnt give a damn about lifeskilling in a fvcking video game.
    You'd be realistic about the need of economy in an mmo, but that's just about it.

still waiting for the “real pvpers” (real murderers? shouldn’t they be in jail? must be danish prison if they can play ashes) on the forums to explain why Tier 3 mounts are gatekept for simp-slavers.

hearing a lot of whiny pvp babies trying to get me to not point out how stupid the current implementation of tier 3 mounts is, but not much else it seems.

thank ye all for providing more evidence the current implementation is bad, if it wasn’t you clowns wouldn’t opt for personal attacks instead of trying to debate the substance.
    I’ll try to help you get you your favorite mount in alpha 2 or at release.

I will always welcome volunteer slaves, thank you for volunteering 🙌🏽
    in the wise words of at least one guy named steven (last name wonder): “can’t handle a little forum pvp? this game might not be for you”
  • Options
    .... Good lord, what happened to this thread!?
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    edited August 2023

[/quote]

A person with abilities showed up
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Double
  • Options

😩 was very insightful seeing others thoughts for a little while and I was enjoying the conversation… but that was in the before time
  • Options
    Thought of another dislike.

Furrys
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    edited August 2023
    Niem Lumel wrote: »
    Barely anyone will play the Cleric archetype and most of the people praising its current design do not main healers. Your main heal is 4 seconds long channel. It is enough to guess how slow the combat will be.

1- i will main cleric.
    2- values werent final (heal, cooldown, cast time, etc)
    3 - that wasnt necessarily the clerics main heal. we havent seen all the skills, and definitely not the augments. that could be your main heal. it could also be augmented to not have a a channeling time, or a shorter one. another skill could be leveled or augmented and become you rmain heal.
    4- people always complain about getting 1-2 shotted, dying in 1-2 seconds, etc. fast combat you know...but they never complain that they didnt die in one second and had time to think of a strategy to win. so whats wrong with he combat not being super fast?
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dolyem wrote: »
    Thought of another dislike.

Furrys

I don’t give two shits about Furries, as long as Tulnar are Grimdark Edgelord supreme.
  • Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    edited August 2023
    Depraved wrote: »
    Barely anyone will play the Cleric archetype and most of the people praising its current design do not main healers. Your main heal is 4 seconds long channel. It is enough to guess how slow the combat will be.

1- i will main cleric.
    2- values werent final (heal, cooldown, cast time, etc)
    3 - that wasnt necessarily the clerics main heal. we havent seen all the skills, and definitely not the augments. that could be your main heal. it could also be augmented to not have a a channeling time, or a shorter one. another skill could be leveled or augmented and become you rmain heal.
    4- people always complain about getting 1-2 shotted, dying in 1-2 seconds, etc. fast combat you know...but they never complain that they didnt die in one second and had time to think of a strategy to win. so whats wrong with he combat not being super fast?

It is your main heal since it is the most efficient one in long-distance combat which is how PvP is going to be for Cleric one would assume. Steven did not play properly in the live stream. Someone who knew what their abilities are capable of could spend more than 80% of the time idling around and waiting for their AoE damaging spells to come off cooldown, he barely ever used the shield and regens which are instant casts. He was also positioned way too far from the main tank. When fighting mobs there is absolutely no reason to not be near the player that soaks up most of the damage. Healing Touch and Wings of Salvation provide an instant restoration that went severely underutilized in the showcase. I believe they were adamant about pushing the idea that you might have to be using long-distance Deliverance most of the time because there is "so much damage". Consecrating Wave is a DPS AoE that also heals which was barely used the same as Chains of Restrain. And I have to believe that Steven mains healer when they can't play their own game.

its not necessarily your main heal. classes will have around 35-40 skills to choose from. weve seen 10-15 plus whatever skills they keep from a1...

you wont necessarily be as close as you can from whoever is soaking the most damage. some mobs might do some aoe and you dont want to get it. that depends on the game and the mobs though.
  • Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    edited August 2023
    Depraved wrote: »
    you wont necessarily be as close as you can from whoever is soaking the most damage. some mobs might do some aoe and you dont want to get it. that depends on the game and the mobs though.

Here is the problem with this theory, there are melee DPS archetypes in the game. People are going to be playing them. Even if some mobs do AoE damage, it will either be dodgeable or preventable with either stun or silence or it might be AoE damage that affects everyone in the party regardless of the distance. In any case, the mobs will be designed in a way that would allow melee classes to be damaging the enemy without dying because they happened to be playing a melee class.

And besides, Wings of Salvation has a very short cooldown. You are going to be able to hop on to an ally relatively quickly which is not your tank because you are already going to be close to them if for whatever reason they don't have the aggro but usually what you would do is Deliverance + Divine Infusion as you will have built a sufficient amount of gauge before having to resort to Deliverance spam. Worst case scenario, use Defiant Light and let them die so that aggro resets.

they can also have normal attacks that do aoe... theres no reason to be next to your melees. you can be a bit far away. not too far away tho to avoid pulling something or in case you get pvped, but also no reason to be in melee range of the mobs.

also idk why you mentioned it. we are talking about healing here. we dont know whats gonna be the main healing skill yet with 100% certainty.
  • Options
    royal mount/tier 3 mount system is by far the worst idea i’ve ever seen in a game with respect to mounts, I’d rather get three tier 10 Mythical horses in BDO (a game which recently gave out free Tier 9 Dream horses to every player) than enslave an entire load of people just to get myself a tier 3 mount. This type of inhumane idea could only have come from the type of person who thinks wageless slavery of players en masse to gain a single player the ability to ride tier 3 mounts is a good thing when it is very obviously awful game design and disrespectful to the entire playerbase

i like animal husbandry, the wiki page makes it seem fun. tier 3 mounts should be related entirely to animal husbandry abilities and have nothing to do with “kings/losers/queens/slavers/mayors”

stupid opinions on this topic, presumably made by people who dont respect their players enough to not have them become in game slavers for personal benefits for the :1%:
    Generally flying is not something that we're going to be doing in this game and there's a lot of reasons for that: Some of it is economic, some of it is ... you create this really great looking world and we don't want you flying over all the time.[49] – Jeffrey Bard

At any given point in time you're gonna see anywhere from 10 to maybe at max I would say around 20 based off of the legendary world boss timers. Probably 20 people who have flying abilities.[53] – Steven Sharif

I understand this is a controversial opinion and it may seem rude to point out the obvious, but I believe the idea that we should be forced to engage in ingame slavery to acquire personal benefits for ourselves is incredibly disrespectful to every player.

Nyce, I’m expecting a full discussion on the topic of Slavery tomorrow on the podcast. We’re also going to need Else to provide a full family history to make sure he doesn’t have any slaver ancestors.
  • Options
    royal mount/tier 3 mount system is by far the worst idea i’ve ever seen in a game with respect to mounts, I’d rather get three tier 10 Mythical horses in BDO (a game which recently gave out free Tier 9 Dream horses to every player) than enslave an entire load of people just to get myself a tier 3 mount. This type of inhumane idea could only have come from the type of person who thinks wageless slavery of players en masse to gain a single player the ability to ride tier 3 mounts is a good thing when it is very obviously awful game design and disrespectful to the entire playerbase

i like animal husbandry, the wiki page makes it seem fun. tier 3 mounts should be related entirely to animal husbandry abilities and have nothing to do with “kings/losers/queens/slavers/mayors”

stupid opinions on this topic, presumably made by people who dont respect their players enough to not have them become in game slavers for personal benefits for the :1%:
    Generally flying is not something that we're going to be doing in this game and there's a lot of reasons for that: Some of it is economic, some of it is ... you create this really great looking world and we don't want you flying over all the time.[49] – Jeffrey Bard

At any given point in time you're gonna see anywhere from 10 to maybe at max I would say around 20 based off of the legendary world boss timers. Probably 20 people who have flying abilities.[53] – Steven Sharif

I understand this is a controversial opinion and it may seem rude to point out the obvious, but I believe the idea that we should be forced to engage in ingame slavery to acquire personal benefits for ourselves is incredibly disrespectful to every player.

Nyce, I’m expecting a full discussion on the topic of Slavery tomorrow on the podcast. We’re also going to need Else to provide a full family history to make sure he doesn’t have any slaver ancestors.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    I dunno. Question sounds like someone asking you if you want to marry them before it’s even the first date.

But for like/dislike it’s both the Hype. Yes, with a capital H because that’s how big it is.