Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

September Will Be Your Final Pre-Order Pack!

edited August 2023 in General Discussion
https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2023-08-08-none-forgotten

:#

Love that September pack is bringing Halloween inspired items! Saving my $$$ for that.
m6jque7ofxxf.gif

Comments

• Options
    CawwCaww Member
    buy - buy - buy .... !
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    hopefully September pack is something special then!
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    np63y67mppuf.png
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    1920_-_Building.png
    Forge of Remembrance
    A specially designed structure that serves as both a crematorium and forge. For a society that delves into the ground, burials as humans perform are not sensible. A Dünir in death still wishes to be of use to their kin, and so with reverence, the body is made to ash and burn, while a fine tool or weapon is constructed with the heat generated. Firing a Forge of Remembrance to only serve a single purpose is considered sacrilege.

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    A2 getting closer.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    A2 getting closer.

I think it'll be here sooner than most people are expecting. But that's just wishful thinking.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Chicago wrote: »

We'll do our best! <3
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    The Unrest pet cosmetic is something special! Let's go destroy some hags in the basement, and maybe get some dwarven work boots at the sametime :-)
  • Options
    damn i really like the skull
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    The costume and mount are great.
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    Depraved wrote: »
    damn i really like the skull

yup - I'm gonna pop one on the account....
  • Options
    I’m predicting Sep armor pack will be full plate with sandals.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Can someone explain how it works please ? If this pre-order pack is the last, it means we cannot access to the second Alpha + Beta if we don't buy it ebfore the september deadline ?

Coz I was planning to buy one after a release date is published but not before...
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Myosotys wrote: »
    Can someone explain how it works please ? If this pre-order pack is the last, it means we cannot access to the second Alpha + Beta if we don't buy it ebfore the september deadline ?

Coz I was planning to buy one after a release date is published but not before...
    September's will be the last one. And there's a tiiiiiiiny chance that by the end of that pack we'll get the date announcement. But yes, once the sales of that pack are over the only chance to get into testing would be through some random events that Intrepid come up with or if they somehow run out of people to test the alpha/beta.
  • Options
    So logically, Intrepid should announce Alpha 2 to boost pre-order sales (I hope so).
  • Options
    It interesting that they stop the sale for Alpha 2 this way.
    They say they have enough alpha 2 players. But they knew all the time how many they have and I doubt that reaching a certain number was the reason. More likely they wanted to reach the Halloween themed sale.
    But the large number of Alpha 2 players is definitely a reason.
  • Options
    So logically, Intrepid should announce Alpha 2 to boost pre-order sales (I hope so).

They don't need to boost Pre-Order sales, that's why they're stopping the sale of Pre-Order Packs.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    If this pre-order pack is the last, it means we cannot access to the second Alpha + Beta if we don't buy it ebfore the september deadline ?
    Certainly yes for Alpha-2. They may decide they want more Beta testers before Beta testing.
    Also, just to point out that this Dwarfy pack is the second-last Pre-Order Pack. You'll have August's and September's to pick from if you do want to buy into testing.

If you've decided you want to test Alpha-2, does having an Alpha-2 date make that much difference?
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    If this pre-order pack is the last, it means we cannot access to the second Alpha + Beta if we don't buy it ebfore the september deadline ?
    Certainly yes for Alpha-2. They may decide they want more Beta testers before Beta testing.
    Also, just to point out that this Dwarfy pack is the second-last Pre-Order Pack. You'll have August's and September's to pick from if you do want to buy into testing.

If you've decided you want to test Alpha-2, does having an Alpha-2 date make that much difference?

The answer to your last question seems so obvious that I think you were born into abundance and wealth to ask it ;).
    Not every one can pay this money. You have to understand that this is not an absolute priority for me and I'd rather pay it off as late as possible.
  • Options

The answer to your last question seems so obvious that I think you were born into abundance and wealth to ask it ;).
    Not every one can pay this money. You have to understand that this is not an absolute priority for me and I'd rather pay it off as late as possible.

Hehe, not at all. Luckily for me, I used the money I saved from not having to get the bus and train to work during Covid Lockdown, and it added up to such an amount that I was able to purchase. I knew I wanted to be part of testing, so that money was going to be spent at some point, so I just waited for a set of cosmetics that I liked.
  • Options
    MyosotysMyosotys Member
    edited August 2023

Hehe, not at all. Luckily for me, I used the money I saved from not having to get the bus and train to work during Covid Lockdown, and it added up to such an amount that I was able to purchase. I knew I wanted to be part of testing, so that money was going to be spent at some point, so I just waited for a set of cosmetics that I liked.

In every MMO I played, I have absolutely never cared about cosmetics, that's also why Im waiting the last moment.
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »
    They say they have enough alpha 2 players. But they knew all the time how many they have and I doubt that reaching a certain number was the reason. More likely they wanted to reach the Halloween themed sale.

well, they said they would stop close to alpha 2 release. also, announcing the end of it will boost the sales xD
  • Options

They could have done a spooky theme at any time. It's high fantasy, it'll always fit in.
  • Options

They could have done a spooky theme at any time. It's high fantasy, it'll always fit in.

Not if they would stop one month sooner...

well, they said they would stop close to alpha 2 release. also, announcing the end of it will boost the sales xD

An Alpha 2 would be cool for Christmas ...

I doubt that boosting the sale is the main reason of the announcement.
    More that they care about people who wait, like Myosotys.
  • Options
    Vaknar wrote: »

We'll do our best! <3

Many would be ok with the final pack just being a declaration of stufferton being removed from the game, just saying.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    Dolyem wrote: »

We'll do our best! <3

Many would be ok with the final pack just being a declaration of stufferton being removed from the game, just saying.

what does stufferton mean? idk that word T_T
  • Options

We'll do our best! <3

what does stufferton mean? idk that word T_T

Same... Who is stufferton?
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    An abomination
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    oh ok
  • Options

We'll do our best! <3

And also That Fricking Corgi.