Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

make all preorder packs available for a couple weeks

For those of us that feel like we missed out on some of the earlier packs, how about making them all available for like two weeks so we can buy our favorite pack?

Comments

• Options
    No.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nil pois - no points.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    They could generate a lot more cash by offering all the packs for a short time.
    There are a lot of us that didn't know this game existed until a couple months ago..
  • Options
    Jindoshi wrote: »
    There are a lot of us that didn't know this game existed until a couple months ago..
    They would lose as much, when they get hit by a class action lawsuit from all the backers who were promised that their cosmetics would be unique :)
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    you basically asking for intrepid to lie and shit on everyone, when they have been saying for years that those cosmetics would Never again be available under no circumstances
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Just gonna have to dig deep and get past that FOMO.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    TaerrikTaerrik Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You just have to hope that in the future some other cosmetics catch your eye. The limited time ones have come and gone and will never return.

• Options
    CawwCaww Member
    edited September 2023
    A simple change in color palette of each item pack would allow them to offer what has already been developed.
  • Options
    Caww wrote: »
    A simple change in color palette of each item pack would allow them to offer what has already been developed.

Thats a great idea!
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2023
    @Caww @Jindoshi @Niem Lumel
    Hello friends, a quick clarification on the shop cosmetics.

There will not be recolors or material swaps on the monthly cosmetics as a means to populate additional achievements in game by player characters.

cosmetics are set to be exclusive and that includes recolors, so none will be available to either buy or obtain, they are gone.

img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    A simple re-color of each ite
    Liniker wrote: »
    @Caww @Jindoshi @Niem Lumel
    Hello friends, a quick clarification on the shop cosmetics.

There will not be recolors or material swaps on the monthly cosmetics as a means to populate additional achievements in game by player characters.

cosmetics are set to be exclusive and that includes recolors, so none will be available to either buy or obtain, they are gone.

FOMO !!!!!
  • Options
    No.

O Rly ? >:-]
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    CinemarkCinemark Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Definitely not happening.
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    No.

Really.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Niem Lumel wrote: »
    Would not be the first time IS has lied to us.
    I'm curious as to when you think they have lied to us in the past.
  • Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Noaani wrote: »

Crossbows... duh.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Abarat wrote: »

Crossbows... duh.

Not sure if serious - going to assume you are.

That wasn't a lie at all. In order for something to be a lie, you need to know it wasn't true when you said it.

With crossbows, it was true that they would be in game, right up until it wasn't true any more. At that point, they told us about the change.

A fact changing does not mean all previous comments about that fact were lies.

In fact, you can say something that is absolutely incorrect, but if you believe it to be true it isn't a lie. You are wrong, but it isn't a lie. You can even say something thst is correct and it be a lie, if you mistskenly believe the thing you are saying to be incorrect.

You need to be saying something you think to be incorrect in order for it to be a lie.
  • Options
    SweatycupSweatycup Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2023

Crossbows... duh.

That wasn't a lie at all. In order for something to be a lie, you need to know it wasn't true when you said it.

With crossbows, it was true that they would be in game, right up until it wasn't true any more. At that point, they told us about the change.

There is "A" crossbow, it's a bow crossbow. Or rather just a bow skin. Ive never heard of them changing or getting rid of the skin? Although if they are going to rig a character pulling a crossbow string back for one skin might as well at some point just add crossbows in my opinion.

I support them dropping all the packs again. However i fear it may be too late for that for now. Perhaps we may be given the option to buy any and all past skins/packs before release of the official version (Non-alpha or beta).

• Options

Didn't they already say that they were going to have each skin available, but looking a bit different, as achievable items in game?
  • Options

Didn't they already say that they were going to have each skin available, but looking a bit different, as achievable items in game?

I know they said that NPCs will be using modified costumes/parts and other objects would be re-used as well but @Liniker threw cold water on players getting a chance for them...
  • Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The point was to have them limited. I probably won't even use mine most of the time. I'd rather use cosmetics that I earn in game rather then purchased with real life money. I bought in the Kickstarter for the Alpha access and that sweet lifetime sub
  • Options
    wakkytabbakywakkytabbaky Member
    edited September 2023
    ive never grasped the whole FOMO thing, like oh no i cant get those 200 different cosmetics im never going to use.most people find 1 awesome cosmetic they like and use it 99.9999999% of the time ingame.

sheesh when i get bored and go back to wow every 6-9 months my old characters are still using old xmogs from 10 yrs ago and i never change em. the ones that have come and gone are more like thankyou cosmetics for supporting the game early on , its no different than getting your name in the credits.

steven did say in the latest stream that newer cosmetics when they are released will probably be on a rotation so just stick to those and if you miss out you can get em later
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    No.

Really.

No way !! (lol)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Great way for a lawsuit to be brought against them..... Limited time only purchases with a start and end date should not be offered at a later time to other consumers.
  • Options
    Sweatycup wrote: »

Crossbows... duh.

There is "A" crossbow, it's a bow crossbow. Or rather just a bow skin. Ive never heard of them changing or getting rid of the skin? Although if they are going to rig a character pulling a crossbow string back for one skin might as well at some point just add crossbows in my opinion.

I support them dropping all the packs again. However i fear it may be too late for that for now. Perhaps we may be given the option to buy any and all past skins/packs before release of the official version (Non-alpha or beta).

This wasn't a lie, and I am not sure why you would think it is.
  • Options
    Jindoshi wrote: »

And there are tons of kickstarter backers and early buyers who took much greater risks than you - I am not included in that btw. The thing is this: Intrepid derisked the project with every new livestream made and one can make an argument that everyone had equal excess to the information on this project as well as that people who backed it earlier were rewarded with more (and potentially "cooler") options.

Another perspective I wrote about on a similar threat is that of natural flow in game development. When coming up with a new world lore it is natural that the first events tend to be more ground shaking and guiding for this world, they are automatically more serious (because of their impact) and more epic. But as the world building continues you - as the designer - have to fill the world with more than just epic stuff, there are creatures and people in all of these worlds blissfully unaware of the surrounding chaos etc. That cosmetics therefore may turn less epic, maybe dull or whacky is in that sense part of the natural progression in world building more than intentional.

And as a last point: Why are the cosmetics even relevant to the point that they would need bringing back? To Intrepid they aren't, the game is fully funded and Steven has made the commitment to finance it till launch. Additionally bringing back the packs would seriously piss off the customer base that was longest to stick around by going back on their word regarding access to these cosmetics. To players these cosmetics aren't really important either, as they don't really have any purpose in the game beyond looking fancier than others at launch.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    I just gave in and purchased the $250 pre order pack. I am feeling excited, yet nervous. Because I just spent $250 on something I have no idea what end product I'm gonna get. It's like gambling.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    I doubt you'd still be following this game if you would seriously believe that Steven spread false information with the intent to do so for Intrepids gain.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<