Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, September 29, 2023 at 11am Pacific

Comments

• Options
    Gotta say love the work so far, looking to be a beautiful game. Along with the 2 tier class system any chance of elemental affinities tweaking the class to a suited play style such as druids, shamans, frost mages, unholy warriors etc.. also curious with the PVX construct what measures will there be to prevent high level players resource gating areas from low level players. do you have to engage in open world pvp?
    cg1zblri5ija.png
  • Options
    A question about the max-size of the Zones of Influence:

Once a Metropolis's Zone of Influence reaches it's max size and covers 20% of the world's Nodes, are there reasons built into the game-design asides from possession of the Node Relics for the Zones of Influence to fight each other?

• Options
    Will you be able to fill the role of your second archetype. For example will an Apostle or Spellstone be able to tank or will it just be a melee healer/dps? Or can an Acolyte or Paladin fill the healer role?
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will the music from Bear McCreary for Ashes be available for purchase?

Even when I am in the boring real world, I want to be surrounded by the ambience of Ashes.
  • Options
    DageraDagera Member
    edited September 2023
    My understanding is that you're working with the agile methodology. One of the point of this method is to be able to "easily" change what features goes into which release.

Do you have a plan to move some features out of the initial release to integrate it in later updates ?

If feels like some features are linked (i.e they have interactions), but not all of them.

Here are some examples to explain my point:
    • Combat pets
    • Arenas
    • Half of the races
    • Underrealm

Another related question, what kind of content can we expect in future updates ? It seems unlikely to see new zones since it would probably unbalance the node system
  • Options
    ValorinthValorinth Member
    edited September 2023
    Node and Castle Sieges are expected to be a major part of end game PvP content in Ashes of Creation. Given this, it is imperative that leaders of both the attacking and defending sides in this content should be able to have a wide range of flexibility when creating and managing their player rosters. What tools do you plan to give leaders in this content to manage who are in these rosters and how these rosters are organized.
    Stag_Head_Signature6.png?width=814&height=363
  • Options
    how soon after alpha 2 would you anticipate beta 1 launch? multiple years or a year?
  • Options
    SoggyBandaidSoggyBandaid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The recent update videos about freehold ownership, nodes, and mayoral powers seem like they all tend to benefit large guilds who can consolidate resources to a few individual quickly. Will there be any sort of systems in place to allow smaller guilds to compete on even footing outside of the guild specialization perks already discussed?
  • Options
    So since you are having internal PVP tests is there any chance there's any Info on how CC breaks will work in PVP, maybe we will see it in a demonstration on PVP combat soon?
  • Options
    LeonerdoLeonerdo Member
    edited September 2023
    What kinds of daily resets will exist? Like for boss or resource spawns, or daily objectives. And what time will daily resets occur?
  • Options
    GrandSerpentGrandSerpent Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Has the team considered grapples/guard breaks to go along with the potential Active blocking?
  • Options
    RazThemun wrote: »
    how soon after alpha 2 would you anticipate beta 1 launch? multiple years or a year?

Beta 1's are usually closed and happen about 1-2 months before launch. Beta 2's usually happen 2 weeks before launch.
    This is a broad generalization but it's how most video game stages seem to function, I don't think this is a question they will answer because it could be descriptive of an approximate launch date. That being said, probably multiple years.
  • Options
    ***** PLEASE *** PVP FUN ******
    -Have maybe a bounty board where players can sign up to be a criminal or bounty hunter and then we can go hunt and evade eahother around the world for extra rewards
    -Have open world pvp, risk vs reward, and the ability to play as a pvp criminal or a pvp bounty hunter for world pvp rewards or pvp currency or something.
    -get xx number of player kills or # of bounty kills or evading the bounty etc. I want to do world pvp to progress my pvp build or slowly unlock pvp items, gear, special stuff etc.

i loved how in archeage there was rotating pvp zones based on activity so it was always fresh hour by hour world pvping and running packs or pirating packs. I quit diablo 4 because there is only 2 small pvp zones that never change. helltides rotates but pvp zones dont. it got boring.

i loved how warcraft had pve gear and pvp gear. and there were different stats and bonuses for each type that helped for what style you like to play

i always wished an mmorpg had the ability like you toggle character titles above the head, but toggle how many players you have killed. seeing someone like <Nina> "216" instead of <Nina> "The Alchemist". But it only counts once per unique character you kill. so you cant kill a friend over and over to gain higher number. This way sometimes you come across a player with tons of kills and its like OMG there goes a serial killer villain type be careful around them be on alert, also more satisfying when being a pirate or bounty hunter seeing these stats under the name.

I really loved the pvp system in archeage and the court/prison system was hilarious 10/10. reporting the blood, leaving a comment, going through the character wrap sheet and seeing all their kills and comments as they argue they are innocent. lmao
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Are there plans for official, game supported Node positions other than Mayor, such as Stablemaster or Procurement Officer?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    TetterianTetterian Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    In what ways are you making sure that every server exerpience the same main story telling while at the same time every server undergo their own development?
  • Options
    Cities in mmorpgs tend to have iconic music to match the aesthetic of the location. How do you expect Ashes and Bear specifically to create music to fit Nodes when they will be changing all the time?
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What equipment slot does a Bard's Instrument take up?
  • Options
    Will there be level appropriate content around each node for both low & high level players, or is it likely that a player may need to relocate to another node to get the most efficient gameplay experience with equivalent level mobs & resources?
  • Options
    CastaiCastai Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will players be able to raise flags, banners, and/or bunting on their personal freehold lots and buildings? or is that something limited only to guild halls and ships?
    y-t.be/dk3r ||| y-t.be/gwfb ||| y-t.be/mobm ||| y-t.be/gokz ||| y-t.be/u0pr ||| y-t.be/s6hs
  • Options
    Wolves wrote: »
    ***** PLEASE *** PVP FUN ******
    -Have maybe a bounty board where players can sign up to be a criminal or bounty hunter and then we can go hunt and evade eahother around the world for extra rewards
    -Have open world pvp, risk vs reward, and the ability to play as a pvp criminal or a pvp bounty hunter for world pvp rewards or pvp currency or something.
    -get xx number of player kills or # of bounty kills or evading the bounty etc. I want to do world pvp to progress my pvp build or slowly unlock pvp items, gear, special stuff etc.

Here's the link to the wiki: https://ashesofcreation.wiki

Please have a read.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    NyceGaming wrote: »
    What is the current list of planned weapons?

"Axes (One and two handed).[17]
    Bows.[17]
    Clubs.[18]
    Daggers.[17]
    Hammers.[19][20]
    Lances.[21]
    Maces (One and two handed).[17]
    Orbs.[22][17]
    Polearms/Halberds.[17]
    Scepters.[23]
    Shields.[17]
    Spears (One-handed).[24][25]
    Spellbooks.[22][17]
    Staves.[17]
    Swords/Rapiers (One and two handed).[17][26]
    Wands.[22][27]
    "

This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Weapons
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    As an European (future) player, I would like to know when will the game be open to us ?
    What's the status of European servers and realms?
    Will Alpha 2 be open to us ?
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What happens when a summoner is asleep but their summon is not in terms of the summons ability to act and actions?
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    BarabBarab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Is it stilled planned that Alpha one spot testers will get access to the updated character creator for testing ?
    The Dünir Hold Mithril Warhammers,Thanes of the Keelhaul, Dünir scourge of the oceans, Warhammer First Fleet Command of The Dünzenkell Nation, friends to the Dünir Dwarves of the Dünhold.Hammers High!
  • Options
    ChaosFactorChaosFactor Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How grand could in game earned cosmetics get?

Assuming that there will be items that are incredibly challenging/rare to acquire, will they have an intense impact on your appearance?

For example: an aura that a player obtained that changes the appearance of the skybox wherever they walk.
    ej8s4cu9gp1n.png
  • Options

since taxes are set by the mayor, is there going to be a way to see the tax rates in different towns and cities from the world map? similar to how in new world, when you click on a city, it tells you the tax rates which are set by the ruling company
  • Options
    Other MMOs have implemented many different types of repeatable PVE content. Whether its Dailies, World Quests, Corrupted Portals, or other types of events, these are all initially fun the first few times you complete them, but they usually start to feel like a mandatory chore rather than something fun after a few weeks/months. How will AoC try to address this problem?
  • Options
    Voeltz wrote: »
    When will we be getting a PvP update on any related systems such as arenas, caravans, corruption, bounty hunting, sieges and wars?

Yes. Bounty Hunting Information Please. 💖
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    lemuletlemulet Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Are the hunting certificates price variations going to be significant enough to encourage players to go farm a variety of monsters over farming the same area over and over again because it has better spawns?
    sg3TGu4.png
  • Options
    How will individuals or small groups being able to influence the outcome in large scale pvp?