Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Rewards for Node development Question based on Race

bloodandthunderbloodandthunder Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I don't know if this is a problem or not, but as far as I understand it, the race that puts the most progress towards a node's development is what determines the architecture when the node finishes development. To me, this seems like something that will 100% be rigged by discord guilds essentially denying people access to their guild if they are not the race they want doing development in a node they want... this seems a bit off to me.

Wouldn't it make more sense to do either of the following:

The mayor elect determines the architecture style upon being elected

OR

The mayor elect determines the style after being elected

OR

The mayor elect can mix and match architecture styles across the buildings in their node based upon work order renovations

For some reason this makes more sense to me, but I wonder does anyone else here agree? If not, if you care to elaborate why I'm wrong, that will suffice too :smile:
«1

Comments

  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We're pretty sure the conflict is the point.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.
    
  • Yep, conflict is the point. You think some discord kittens are trying to prevent you from doing something? Do smth about it in the game. Usually that means "go to war; participate in subterfuge; politics your way out; punch people in the face until they leave that node; etc"

    Soft friction and all that good stuff.
  • To me, this seems like something that will 100% be rigged by discord guilds essentially denying people access to their guild if they are not the race they want doing development in a node they want... this seems a bit off to me.

    The underlying assumptions here seem to be:
    • There are enough of these "discord guilds" to globaly deny other players major influence.
    • Players will care so much about the architecture that it will be a reason for conflict.

    If I am correct with that I'd point out that I think both are incorrect. There will be enough players with no preference for architecture as long as they are the number 1 node in the region and they are not picky about who their allies are. And I also doubt that the number of architecture obsessed players is high enough for this to be more than an occasional reason for conflict.

    Also I don't see the mayor being able to "solve" the problem you proposed. The same discord guild could just overwhelm anyone else in the election and then freely decide on the architecture.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ahhhh, the ole "Ashes is going to be a race war!" thread. I have missed it. It only shows up every few years now. Don't worry, @Dygz and @Noaani will be along shortly to fan the flames of war. Me? I am going to go make a new batch of popcorn.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • edited October 2023
    Ahhhh, the ole "Ashes is going to be a race war!" thread. I have missed it. It only shows up every few years now. Don't worry, @Dygz and @Noaani will be along shortly to fan the flames of war. Me? I am going to go make a new batch of popcorn.

    hopefully the flames will be large enough so you can cook the popcorn from a front row seat lol :smile:
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Oh. Not "Ashes is going to be a race war", but yes...
    Race will be one motive for Sieges and...
    Noanni will argue that Race wiil just be insignificant.
  • Am planning on joining up with a group of branchler-Elves, and to bury ourselves deep in the forest, somewhere. Humans and Elves do seem quite popular in MMOs, but AoC seems to have some rather expressive Dwarven organizations, even this early.

    I'm also sure the Tulnar archetecture will be *quite* prevalent in the Underrealm, since I can't think of a reason for non-Tulnar to opt for the Underrealm starting-area, once the game begins.

    Orcish archetecture will probably be a scarcity. Will have to roll some alts on a server wherein they manage to take a foothold, to check it out. Haven't seen a lot of to-be Orc guilds, yet.



  • Dygz wrote: »
    Oh. Not "Ashes is going to be a race war", but yes...
    Race will be one motive for Sieges and...
    Noanni will argue that Race wiil just be insignificant.

    Are those who value the race look of buildings in the nodes typically good PvPers?
    I have the feeling that PvPers have other concerns than race alignment of the node. Or will race bring some advantages and disadvantages to nodes?
  • Raven016Raven016 Member
    edited October 2023
    For some reason this makes more sense to me, but I wonder does anyone else here agree? If not, if you care to elaborate why I'm wrong, that will suffice too :smile:
    Is not clear to me if mayors can win elections without large guild support.
    So your suggestion would give even more influence to a few, potentially one large guild. But you say you want to prevent that.

    Also a node has many guilds. Guilds try to grow a good community and will try to stay together even if their node falls.
    Player's character race will not matter.
    I don't know if this is a problem or not, but as far as I understand it, the race that puts the most progress towards a node's development is what determines the architecture when the node finishes development.
    The interesting case is thar players contribute to node development even if are not citizens of the node. So tulnar merchants will have an influence too.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2023
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Are those who value the race look of buildings in the nodes typically good PvPers?
    I have the feeling that PvPers have other concerns than race alignment of the node. Or will race bring some advantages and disadvantages to nodes?
    There is also Racial Progression.
    Steven has confirmed that completion of Racial Progression is tied to having a Metro with your Race dominant on the server.
    If a PvPer builds their character around Racial Progression advantages, you can expect them to push to have a Metro with their Race dominant on the server.

    Really has nothing to do with the architecture appearance.
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Are those who value the race look of buildings in the nodes typically good PvPers?
    I have the feeling that PvPers have other concerns than race alignment of the node. Or will race bring some advantages and disadvantages to nodes?
    There is also Racial Progression.
    Steven has confirmed that completion of Racial Progression is tied to having a Metro with your Race dominant on the server.
    If a PvPer builds their character around Racial Progression advantages, you can expect them to push to have a Metro with their Race dominant on the server.

    Really has nothing to do with the architecture appearance.

    Do we know if the progression dips and rises with the metro's existence? or will the progression be at peak once the peak is unlocked?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I dunno what you mean by "at peak".
    You can expect that the NPCs that help with the final stages of Racial Progression will not be around if there is no Metro for that Race. We'll have to see if that includes Racial forms of Social Progression and Religious Progression
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2023
    Dygz wrote: »
    I dunno what you mean by "at peak".
    You can expect that the NPCs that help with the final stages of Racial Progression will not be around if there is no Metro for that Race. We'll have to see if that includes Racial forms of Social Progression and Religious Progression

    Yes, I understand that point - that only blocks off new players from reaching peak. But, those who have already unlocked the peak should keep the peak irrespective of what NPCs are existent in the world after the feat.

    Edit: I call it the peak because I don't know what else to call the ultimate unlock for the paradigms.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2023
    I don't no why you say only new players since Ashes is a dynamic game, rather than a static game.
    Some veteran players may never have a Metro on their server that has their Race as dominant.

    I also don't know what you mean by "ultimate". You can expect plenty of horizontal progression at the vertical max of Racial Progression.

    Maybe you are confusing Racial Progression with Node Type Super Powers???
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »
    I don't no why you say only new players since Ashes is a dynamic game, rather than a static game.
    Some veteran players may never have a Metro on their server that has their Race as dominant.

    I also don't know what you mean by "ultimate". You can expect plenty of horizontal progression at the vertical max of Racial Progression.

    Sometimes its like drawing blood from a stone. I call them new players because they are new to the feat. I also call it peak or ultimate because its the end stance of the progression. I can't say 'Racial Tattoos' or 'Racial Inheritance' because I don't know what the end progression will be and neither do you.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2023
    It's not my fault that what you think makes little sense.
    New to what feat? And why would those be "new players"???

    Vertical max is not the "end stance of the progression" in a game with a plethora of horizontal progression.
    The NPCs that provide the quests related to Stage 6 Racial Progression will not be available if the server does not have a Metro with that dominant Race.
    And, sure, that could be a variety of gear and augments and tattoos and Artisan recipes.... a whole bunch of stuff. That will only remain available while that Metro remains on the server.

    It's not like everyone of that Race will immediately gain access to some "peak" or "ultimate".
    People will be missing out for a variety of reasons...

    There are 5 Metros and 9 Races.
    And, once a Metro is destroyed, the player characters who did not obtain all the stuff they wanted will have to wait until another Metro with their Racial type appears.
    Also, keep in mind that having a Vek City does not guarantee it will become a Vek Metro when that Node pops to Stage 6. You can expect those Vek characters to be motivated to destroy that Metro and try again for a Vek Metro, if there is no Vek Metro on that server.

    But, you can also expect the 4+ Races that have no Metro on the server to be motivated to construct a Metro for their Race. Veterans as well as newbies.
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »
    It's not my fault that what you think makes little sense.
    New to what feat? And why would those be "new players"???

    Vertical max is not the "end stance of the progression" in a game with a plethora of horizontal progression.
    The NPCs that provide the quests related to Stage 6 Racial Progression will not be available if the server does not have a Metro with that dominant Race.
    And, sure, that could be a variety of gear and augments and tattoos and Artisan recipes.... a whole bunch of stuff. That will only remain available while that Metro remains on the server.

    It's not like everyone of that Race will immediately gain access to some "peak" or "ultimate".
    People will be missing out for a variety of reasons...

    There are 5 Metros and 9 Races.
    And, once a Metro is destroyed, the player characters who did not obtain all the stuff they wanted will have to wait until another Metro with their Racial type appears.
    Also, keep in mind that having a Vek City does not guarantee it will become a Vek Metro when that Node pops to Stage 6. You can expect those Vek characters to be motivated to destroy that Metro and try again for a Vek Metro, if there is no Vek Metro on that server.

    But, you can also expect the 4+ Races that have no Metro on the server to be motivated to construct a Metro for their Race. Veterans as well as newbies.

    There must be tasks to complete the feat of unlocking all the augments. I doubt you can magically unlock all augments just because an NPC suddenly pops up. Surely, the NPC must give access to something in order to unlock augments in sequence. Much the same as the other social organisations. They would be new players because they are new to the unlock sequence. If I've played twenty years and never touched the arena and then after twenty years start doing arena I am new to arena.

    It really comes down to semantics and my application of my intelligence to a circular problem like usual.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • I think even the Discord kittens view this as a First World problem.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Neurath wrote: »
    There must be tasks to complete the feat of unlocking all the augments. I doubt you can magically unlock all augments just because an NPC suddenly pops up. Surely, the NPC must give access to something in order to unlock augments in sequence. Much the same as the other social organisations. They would be new players because they are new to the unlock sequence. If I've played twenty years and never touched the arena and then after twenty years start doing arena I am new to arena.

    It really comes down to semantics and my application of my intelligence to a circular problem like usual.
    I don't know why you mention "all".
    You can expect a bunch of NPCs, not just one. But, those Racial NPCs only appear when the Node has that Racial type as the dominant Race.
    Whether the player is new or veteran is irrelevant. Doesn't really even matter if it's a new player character.

    And, no... it's not semantics. It's actual mechanics.
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »
    Neurath wrote: »
    There must be tasks to complete the feat of unlocking all the augments. I doubt you can magically unlock all augments just because an NPC suddenly pops up. Surely, the NPC must give access to something in order to unlock augments in sequence. Much the same as the other social organisations. They would be new players because they are new to the unlock sequence. If I've played twenty years and never touched the arena and then after twenty years start doing arena I am new to arena.

    It really comes down to semantics and my application of my intelligence to a circular problem like usual.
    I don't know why you mention "all".
    You can expect a bunch of NPCs, not just one. But, those Racial NPCs only appear when the Node has that Racial type as the dominant Race.
    Whether the player is new or veteran is irrelevant. Doesn't really even matter if it's a new player character.

    And, no... it's not semantics. It's actual mechanics.

    The argument about mechanics is semantics because you combat the labels and not the undercurrent ideation. I never even used the word 'all' in that post. It matters because I wondered whether the augments disappear with the loss of the node.

    I differentiated between those who do not have the augments with those who do by using the term new. Thus, new players won't have access with the loss of a node and old players could lose the progress with the loss of a node.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Dygz wrote: »
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Are those who value the race look of buildings in the nodes typically good PvPers?
    I have the feeling that PvPers have other concerns than race alignment of the node. Or will race bring some advantages and disadvantages to nodes?
    There is also Racial Progression.
    Steven has confirmed that completion of Racial Progression is tied to having a Metro with your Race dominant on the server.
    If a PvPer builds their character around Racial Progression advantages, you can expect them to push to have a Metro with their Race dominant on the server.

    Really has nothing to do with the architecture appearance.

    If racial progression is vertical then the majority will get the metro and will also have the power to defend it.
    If it is horizontal, then people will prefer to enjoy having the metro and the game content related to it, using the skills they have.
    It might be faster to level an alt in a new metro than destroying it.
    When players have already multiple alts, then they might not care anymore which will have to progress, unless they make all alts with the same race.
  • edited October 2023
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Are those who value the race look of buildings in the nodes typically good PvPers?
    I have the feeling that PvPers have other concerns than race alignment of the node. Or will race bring some advantages and disadvantages to nodes?
    There is also Racial Progression.
    Steven has confirmed that completion of Racial Progression is tied to having a Metro with your Race dominant on the server.
    If a PvPer builds their character around Racial Progression advantages, you can expect them to push to have a Metro with their Race dominant on the server.

    Really has nothing to do with the architecture appearance.

    If racial progression is vertical then the majority will get the metro and will also have the power to defend it.
    If it is horizontal, then people will prefer to enjoy having the metro and the game content related to it, using the skills they have.
    It might be faster to level an alt in a new metro than destroying it.
    When players have already multiple alts, then they might not care anymore which will have to progress, unless they make all alts with the same race.

    Do we know for sure it's just a simple race contribution per node for said things like alt race manipulation or is it more complex than that with perhaps diminishing returns based on account characters per node? character level? any sort of penalisation for multi tooning, main flagging? alt flagging? play time of char?
  • Raven016 wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Are those who value the race look of buildings in the nodes typically good PvPers?
    I have the feeling that PvPers have other concerns than race alignment of the node. Or will race bring some advantages and disadvantages to nodes?
    There is also Racial Progression.
    Steven has confirmed that completion of Racial Progression is tied to having a Metro with your Race dominant on the server.
    If a PvPer builds their character around Racial Progression advantages, you can expect them to push to have a Metro with their Race dominant on the server.

    Really has nothing to do with the architecture appearance.

    If racial progression is vertical then the majority will get the metro and will also have the power to defend it.
    If it is horizontal, then people will prefer to enjoy having the metro and the game content related to it, using the skills they have.
    It might be faster to level an alt in a new metro than destroying it.
    When players have already multiple alts, then they might not care anymore which will have to progress, unless they make all alts with the same race.

    Do we know for sure it's just a simple race contribution per node for said things like alt race manipulation or is it more complex than that with perhaps diminishing returns based on account characters per node? character level? any sort of penalisation for multi tooning, main flagging? alt flagging? play time of char?

    Seems to be character contribution.
    So having alts of a different race does not help unless the player also plays with that character.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Node_layout_and_style
  • edited October 2023
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Are those who value the race look of buildings in the nodes typically good PvPers?
    I have the feeling that PvPers have other concerns than race alignment of the node. Or will race bring some advantages and disadvantages to nodes?
    There is also Racial Progression.
    Steven has confirmed that completion of Racial Progression is tied to having a Metro with your Race dominant on the server.
    If a PvPer builds their character around Racial Progression advantages, you can expect them to push to have a Metro with their Race dominant on the server.

    Really has nothing to do with the architecture appearance.

    If racial progression is vertical then the majority will get the metro and will also have the power to defend it.
    If it is horizontal, then people will prefer to enjoy having the metro and the game content related to it, using the skills they have.
    It might be faster to level an alt in a new metro than destroying it.
    When players have already multiple alts, then they might not care anymore which will have to progress, unless they make all alts with the same race.

    Do we know for sure it's just a simple race contribution per node for said things like alt race manipulation or is it more complex than that with perhaps diminishing returns based on account characters per node? character level? any sort of penalisation for multi tooning, main flagging? alt flagging? play time of char?

    Seems to be character contribution.
    So having alts of a different race does not help unless the player also plays with that character.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Node_layout_and_style

    that's what I'm implying with alts and what not. lol

    IE: if your one character is a member/citizen of the node, do they contribute more based on their citizenship or is it equally across all alternative characters. or... hypothetically if your played time on one character contributes more than your alts based on played time.

    things like that
  • Raven016 wrote: »
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Are those who value the race look of buildings in the nodes typically good PvPers?
    I have the feeling that PvPers have other concerns than race alignment of the node. Or will race bring some advantages and disadvantages to nodes?
    There is also Racial Progression.
    Steven has confirmed that completion of Racial Progression is tied to having a Metro with your Race dominant on the server.
    If a PvPer builds their character around Racial Progression advantages, you can expect them to push to have a Metro with their Race dominant on the server.

    Really has nothing to do with the architecture appearance.

    If racial progression is vertical then the majority will get the metro and will also have the power to defend it.
    If it is horizontal, then people will prefer to enjoy having the metro and the game content related to it, using the skills they have.
    It might be faster to level an alt in a new metro than destroying it.
    When players have already multiple alts, then they might not care anymore which will have to progress, unless they make all alts with the same race.

    Do we know for sure it's just a simple race contribution per node for said things like alt race manipulation or is it more complex than that with perhaps diminishing returns based on account characters per node? character level? any sort of penalisation for multi tooning, main flagging? alt flagging? play time of char?

    Seems to be character contribution.
    So having alts of a different race does not help unless the player also plays with that character.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Node_layout_and_style

    that's what I'm implying with alts and what not. lol

    IE: if your one character is a member/citizen of the node, do they contribute more based on their citizenship or is it equally across all alternative characters. or... hypothetically if your played time on one character contributes more than your alts based on played time.

    things like that

    I don't know.
    Harvesting resources or running caravans might be equally rewarded for all players, no matter of citizenship.
    I hope citizens impact is greater, because they might fulfill requests from the mayor.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2023
    Neurath wrote: »
    The argument about mechanics is semantics because you combat the labels and not the undercurrent ideation. I never even used the word 'all' in that post. It matters because I wondered whether the augments disappear with the loss of the node.
    Neurath wrote: »
    There must be tasks to complete the feat of unlocking all the augments.
    That is your quote. You clearly have the word "all" there.
    It's not my fault that you did not actually ask the question you now say you wanted to ask.
    Of course, individuals do not lose the Augments they have acquired just because the Node where they acquired them gets destroyed.
    But, there will be Racial Augments that are only available to be acquired when a Metro exists that has the associated Race dominant.


    Neurath wrote: »
    I differentiated between those who do not have the augments with those who do by using the term new. Thus, new players won't have access with the loss of a node and old players could lose the progress with the loss of a node.
    Sadly, you chose an exceedingly poor term to try to explain your query.
    New v Old remains irrelevant.
    Players who have not acquired the Racial Augments they want won't have access to acquire the Stage 6 Racial Augments they want if there is not a Stage 6 Metro with their dominant Race on the server.
    It's as simple as that.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2023
    Raven016 wrote: »
    If racial progression is vertical then the majority will get the metro and will also have the power to defend it.
    If it is horizontal, then people will prefer to enjoy having the metro and the game content related to it, using the skills they have.
    Racial Progression is both vertical and horizontal.
    But, Racial Progression refers to an individual character - similar to Social Org Progression, Adventurer Progression, Artisan Progression and Religion Progression.
    You seem to be trying to apply that term to the Node??

    And, I don't understand what you're trying to say. You might need to rephrase what your thinking for me...


    Raven016 wrote: »
    It might be faster to level an alt in a new metro than destroying it.
    When players have already multiple alts, then they might not care anymore which will have to progress, unless they make all alts with the same race.
    Uh. What?
    If I am trying to build a Tank that takes advantage of Py'Rai perks and Augments but there is no Py'Rai Metro that gives me access to Stage 6 Py'Rai progression.... how is leveling an alt in some other Metro going to help me create a Py'Rai Tank with Stage 6 Racial Progression???

    It might be faster to try to find a Stage 5 Py'Rai City and try to use alts to ensure that it pops to a Py'Rai Metro.
    But, if I've spent many months working to get one specific Node in the precise Region and Type I wanted, and it pops from a Py'Rai City to a Dünir Metro, I'd probably be dedicated enough to work to destroy that Dunir Metro and recreate the City I lost and strive again to make it a Py'Rai Metro. Especially if there is already rivalry between Py'Rai and Dünir in the RP of that server.
    (Also, especially if I picked that specific Node during Headstart.)

    I suppose if what you primarily care about is rushing to max Adventurer level as quickly as possible - "faster" would be of prime importance. Also, for those gamers who are slaves to META.
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »
    Neurath wrote: »
    The argument about mechanics is semantics because you combat the labels and not the undercurrent ideation. I never even used the word 'all' in that post. It matters because I wondered whether the augments disappear with the loss of the node.
    Neurath wrote: »
    There must be tasks to complete the feat of unlocking all the augments.
    That is your quote. You clearly have the word "all" there.
    It's not my fault that you did not actually ask the question you now say you wanted to ask.
    Of course, individuals do not lose the Augments they have acquired just because the Node where they acquired them gets destroyed.
    But, there will be Racial Augments that are only available to be acquired when a Metro exists that has the associated Race dominant.


    Neurath wrote: »
    I differentiated between those who do not have the augments with those who do by using the term new. Thus, new players won't have access with the loss of a node and old players could lose the progress with the loss of a node.
    Sadly, you chose an exceedingly poor term to try to explain your query.
    New v Old remains irrelevant.
    Players who have not acquired the Racial Augments they want won't have access to acquire the Stage 6 Racial Augments they want if there is not a Stage 6 Metro with their dominant Race on the server.
    It's as simple as that.

    Its not a poor analogy at all. If the players miss the metro at level 6 then they are new to the next level 6 metro if one appears. The players who did get to the level 6 node before the fall are the old players who will be scattered to new climbs. Its not my problem you have a comprehension problem. I don't expect you to understand my analogies because you didn't understand the term 'Stats'.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Dygz wrote: »
    Raven016 wrote: »
    If racial progression is vertical then the majority will get the metro and will also have the power to defend it.
    If it is horizontal, then people will prefer to enjoy having the metro and the game content related to it, using the skills they have.
    Racial Progression is both vertical and horizontal.
    But, Racial Progression refers to an individual character - similar to Social Org Progression, Adventurer Progression, Artisan Progression and Religion Progression.
    You seem to be trying to apply that term to the Node??

    And, I don't understand what you're trying to say. You might need to rephrase what your thinking for me...


    Raven016 wrote: »
    It might be faster to level an alt in a new metro than destroying it.
    When players have already multiple alts, then they might not care anymore which will have to progress, unless they make all alts with the same race.
    Uh. What?
    If I am trying to build a Tank that takes advantage of Py'Rai perks and Augments but there is no Py'Rai Metro that gives me access to Stage 6 Py'Rai progression.... how is leveling an alt in some other Metro going to help me create a Py'Rai Tank with Stage 6 Racial Progression???

    It might be faster to try to find a Stage 5 Py'Rai City and try to use alts to ensure that it pops to a Py'Rai Metro.
    But, if I've spent many months working to get one specific Node in the precise Region and Type I wanted, and it pops from a Py'Rai City to a Dünir Metro, I'd probably be dedicated enough to work to destroy that Dunir Metro and recreate the City I lost and strive again to make it a Py'Rai Metro. Especially if there is already rivalry between Py'Rai and Dünir in the RP of that server.
    (Also, especially if I picked that specific Node during Headstart.)

    I suppose if what you primarily care about is rushing to max Adventurer level as quickly as possible - "faster" would be of prime importance. Also, for those gamers who are slaves to META.

    I understand that the Racial Progression refers to an individual character.
    I made the assumptions that:
    - it will be rather horizontal than vertical
    - players will want to play multiple races
    - those who want the horizontal progression, will want it for each race they chose

    If I start on a server a few months after the launch and if I also know about the racial progression, I might chose a race which already has a metro. Or I chose a server with a metro I want, if possible.
    If I start at launch, I spend some time leveling and then I notice that I have no metro with my race, I would decide to either create an alt with another race and start leveling again in one of the 5 metros or I would focus on something else, like artisan progression. Eventually I will make alts anyway.

    But if you say that the racial progression has a vertical part too, then players who have the metros, will have the advantage of being better than the rest, because they completed their progression. That moves the balance a bit in their advantage, in addition to the fact that metros have strong defenses. This could make metros survive even longer. The balance doesn't feel good this way because the state discourage change. It is like a ball in a depression instead of being on a horizontal surface. The game balance should favor neither change nor stagnation.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Neurath wrote: »
    Its not a poor analogy at all.
    I said what I said.
    I'm done discussing that with you.
Sign In or Register to comment.