Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Risk for attacking Caravans:

2»

Comments

• Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited December 2023
    attackers loose repuation if one guild keep destroying thing they end up on KOS lists and so on :P

You kinda dont wanna attack caravans associated with your node orr allying node cause can have concequences potentialy
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »
    There will be fast caravans for solo players with high chance to escape.

If you mean the Speedboost displayed in the Caravan-Stream -> that doesn't look as powerful as People might think it is.

Also, why would there be a Type only for "Solo-Players" ? 🤔

I can't imagine this to work, in Case the Attackers have Mounts -> or even when they are on Foot. The Speedboost is not like holding for a whole Minute or so, right ?

Plus -> can't Attackers split up into a Vanguard-Group and the others are a Second Wave ? In Case the Caravan-Wagon uses it's Speedboost to flee from the Vanguard-Group -> the others can come right afterwards - probably even from the Direction the Caravan is fleeing to.

( Comes down to how well Players can guess, to which Node/Direction the Caravan wants to go. )

Lastly,
    we haven't seen "Effects" yet, which Attackers may be able to use - to slow down a Caravan Wagon, right ?

Felling/cutting Tree's nearby the Road, so they fall into the Way,
    putting a Puddle of slimy Goo or so on the Ground - similar like the Hunter/Ranger-Oil Puddle(Trap) in WoW,

who says the Attackers will never have anything, to slow down a Caravan-Wagon - effectively hindering it from escaping ? 🤔

Right now - i can only imagine " One. effective. Type. " of Defense for any Caravan-Wagon, when being faced with multiple Attackers which are all Players.

-> You must have an about same as huge Group of Friends (Players) who help You defend the Caravan-Wagon as well.

I can't imagine a single Player in his or her Wagon escaping from Five Attackers, at the Moment. 🤔
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    There will be fast caravans for solo players with high chance to escape.

If you mean the Speedboost displayed in the Caravan-Stream -> that doesn't look as powerful as People might think it is.

Also, why would there be a Type only for "Solo-Players" ? 🤔

Here is the reason
    NiKr wrote: »
    Ah yes, I didn't thought about that. Then personal caravans can have light versions too which move fast. The slow ones you use when you travel with a small group defending you, a group which will have to get part of the profit too.
    No caravans can be faster than a running player, because that would mean that no one can attack them, which makes them OP at multiplying gold.

I had to go and check the stream again. I thought I misunderstood :smile:

https://youtu.be/sNfwQILIasQ?t=4352

Caravan system has an inherent risk and that is that players out on the roads when you're far away from these node locations can gank your Caravans but as I was describing in the Showcase this is something that will influence how you construct your Caravan and which components you want to go for. So for example if you're a solo player and you don't intend on transiting a lot of materials at once you may not need the large cargo capacity but instead you want the faster speed because you intend to outrun any potential adversaries that you might face on the roads. That is a viable strategic option for you when constructing your Caravan.

https://youtu.be/sNfwQILIasQ?t=2529

This goes for a lot of the node features right where we're trying to create these ways for you know people who maybe are used to sort of a more solo MMO like gameplay experience to have easy ways to take that first step into like collaborating or competing with each other so that's really one of the things that we spent a lot of time talking about for this system. I assume that in regards to the design of the component system if I am utilizing components that might give my Caravan a significantly higher stat of speed it's unlikely that I would also at the same time be able to select components that were to give an equitable amount of benefit in the stat of let's say cargo or health. It's going to be tradeoff in that sense.

You'll be able to have Caravans of different customizations but there won't be one Caravan that does everything to best you have to make sacrifices depending on what you want to use your Caravan for.
    If you want to have an off-road Caravan, a really fast onroad Caravan or just a slow tanky Caravan that can hold a lot of stuff, there'll be lot of options players can choose
    I can see the obvious benefit and choices that certain players will have, if you're more solo oriented player you might just want to have the fastest possible Caravan around because you're not worrying about people to stick close to you but also if you do come under attack your chances of succeeding at a fight are far less than getting away by speed

So my assumption is that the solo versions will not bring much profit and not for a long time. Just enough to get use to the system and to want to have more profit faster, with slower caravans and with groups of players.
    Attackers will also not try to hunt these fast worthless caravans but might catch some by chance if they are at choke points.
    I don't know about mounted combat. There was some statement that those might be tuned down.