Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Today's Ranger is very, VERY Ranger-y. /Approve!

Don't know what I was really expecting, otherwise. Kind of just maybe a townspeople-looking guy wandering through the bush - but I was pleasantly surprised at the hunter/naturalist look that was displayed.

Great work, IS!

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Yeah, I am very impressed! That airstrike was beautifully animated. I am very hype. Might even make a ranger my main which is crazy for me.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, I am very impressed! That airstrike was beautifully animated. I am very hype. Might even make a ranger my main which is crazy for me.

are you gonna be TheDarkRanger then?xD
  • Options
    SolmyrSolmyr Member
    edited December 2023
    I'm a little torn. The ability effects looked amazing, but I found myself thinking that it looked like some kind of mage-archer hybrid rather than a ranger. In my head rangers have always been more down-to-earth hunter/tracker/survivalist types, more so than wizards with bows - but maybe that's just me.
  • Options
    Solmyr wrote: »
    I'm a little torn. The ability effects looked amazing, but I found myself thinking that it looked like some kind of mage-archer hybrid rather than a ranger. In my head rangers have always been more down-to-earth hunter/tracker/survivalist types, more so than wizards with bows - but maybe that's just me.

It did almost give a feel of a "wild-mage", though probably would have felt more mage-y if there had been robe-bottoms, instead of slacks and boots.

• Options
    Depraved wrote: »

are you gonna be TheDarkRanger then?xD

I'm blocking you! LOL
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Watching it now. 15 min in and I love the depth of the skills. Much like the healer. I really hope the Bard is just as complex.
  • Options
    :'(
  • Options
    renadedanterenadedante Member, Intrepid Pack
    Don't know what I was really expecting, otherwise. Kind of just maybe a townspeople-looking guy wandering through the bush - but I was pleasantly surprised at the hunter/naturalist look that was displayed.

Great work, IS!

I was also pleasantly surprised by this! I had a similar thought that it may just look like a normal mans. Very pleased to see the hunter aesthetic and all the skills.I thiinik the hunt and mark ordeal is very interesting, I'm excited to see people playing it in A2. I'm happy for their progress and grats to all those who patiently waited!
    [NA] Pandemonium| PVE focused | RP PVX | Tulnar | Divine Node
    Come check us out!