Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Improving the social aspect of the game with new mechanics

2»

Comments

• Options
    Trickster wrote: »
    Depraved wrote: »
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    do you think being able to see corrupted player on the map, hunting them down and killing them and then the corrupted player losing months worth of weapons and armor isnt a big thing? how is it lacking? yes, kill them once and you are done.

I am confident when You become "corrupted" in the first Stage/Level or Levels* and Stages* - You won't be able to drop your most valuable Gear.

Only if you keep it up - and kill not One or Two or Three, but more like Ten or Twenty or Thirty of Fifty or a HUNDRED PEOPLE in Succession or so -> regarding on how early Corruption weakens You, so that you can not do jack anymore against Someone you could overpower easily before,

only the truly corrupted People can drop their highest, most valuable Gear.

At least this is how i understood it. ;)

u will be able to drop gear on any amount of corruption and pk count, even at 1. steven already confirmed it. so thats how its gonna work until they decide to change it.

id like to have 2-3 free pk with no gear dropping penalty though.

9ld5royydf6x.png

Also, it's a CHANCE to drop, doesn't mean you gonna drop your gear, mostly likely your materials 2clvkp6rafdr.png

Wiki: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Corruption#:~:text=Corrupted player in the Alpha-1 preview.&text=If a combatant (purple) character,lower value than killing players.

bruh I'm talking about chances. I've said before you wont drop 100% on every death.
  • Options
    Ehrgeiz wrote: »
    hate the jail system. everything else is ok...and we already got some of those stuff

Murder, trial and jail system was one of the best features in Archeage

a lot of people disagree
  • Options
    TricksterTrickster Member
    edited January 14
    Ehrgeiz wrote: »
    hate the jail system. everything else is ok...and we already got some of those stuff

Murder, trial and jail system was one of the best features in Archeage

Not the best for me but definitely a very creative one that can be improved, and not made the same as in Archeage but better
  • Options
    I’m looking forward to how some of the smaller social events in game turn out. Steven gave the example of crashing a local wedding, but there are so many ways to introduce small events. Walk into a town and find out a food festival is going on, maybe the local church is giving out free stuff, or perhaps a great beast died in the middle of the town gate and they need a bunch of help clearing it out. I’m really curious to see what they throw in with their event system
  • Options
    u will be able to drop gear on any amount of corruption and pk count, even at 1. steven already confirmed it. so thats how its gonna work until they decide to change it.

id like to have 2-3 free pk with no gear dropping penalty though.

Sounds like all the Risk then. ;)

I can see People make Characters they make only for the Purpose of PK'ing, so that the Characters with valuable Gear they might also have, don't have to fight. (lol)

But i think the Highlights will be Caravan-Battles and Sieges.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    I can see People make Characters they make only for the Purpose of PK'ing, so that the Characters with valuable Gear they might also have, don't have to fight. (lol)

Bear in mind that if your less-geared character attacks someone who has this top-gear stuff, and that player does fight back, you're then at the disadvantage and are more likely to lose.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Trickster wrote: »

There was something ''similar'' in perfect world but mostly AFK player store inside the cities
    w97vhm95ahe6.jpg

Great ideas, Finally someone who knows PerfectWorld ! One of the better RP games IMO. The catshops there worked great especially setting them up at specific places like quest npc's that required a item you could get from the catshop. Ofcource these were only safe in PvP-free zones XD

Are you familiar with the marriage system in PW ? I think it was one of the best. Could decorate it which was expensive but the guests could interact with items too unlocking a reward for everyone attending. The couple could start quests too like a 'Jelours Ex' that when defeated, Finally unlocking the hand of the spous.
    Here a video of when i was attending PK rival's wedding idk why he did send an invite maybe hoping for some action XD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT54fCTQDRA
    Signature-member.gif