Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Wednesday, January 31, 2024 at 11am Pacific

Comments

• Options
    With recent showcases, we have spent a lot of time with the Kaelar as well as the setting being in the Riverlands for quite some time now. While this is great in order to surprise players for the launch of the Alpha 2, the intricate weather and seasons planned for Ashes will add an excellent amount of diversity, as well as help in keeping sights and surroundings in Verra fresh and engaging.

With that being said, what is the current plan for the number of different biomes and playable races that players will be able to access, right at the Launch of Alpha 2?
  • Options
    What is the threat system going to look like?
    Will you be adding in threat meters or any visual cues for if you have threat or are about to lose threat?
    Are different classes going to have archetypes that specialize in generating threat?

• Options
    Which Archetypes will be available at Alpha 2 Launch?
  • Options
    When are we gonna see more of the desert biom?
  • Options
    TopTop Member
    edited January 22
    If classes are not balanced but followed a "rock paper scissor" principle,
    What are the good and bad matchup for each archetype in a 1v1 scenario?
  • Options
    CastaiCastai Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We know players will be able to place buildings, props, and crop and livestock sections on their freeholds; but is there any intent on allowing for landscaping of any kind? Will players be able to shift the terrain, such as by raising, lowering, or leveling it?
    y-t.be/dk3r ||| y-t.be/gwfb ||| y-t.be/mobm ||| y-t.be/gokz ||| y-t.be/u0pr ||| y-t.be/s6hs
  • Options
    Will area skills deal more damage/cc/debuff depending on the number of enemies affected? Thus, 10 experienced people can see the possibility of beating 50 casual people.
  • Options
    Can a group of the same main archetype fuse their casting abilities at the same time to create one with greater power? That is, 6 tanks raising a wall, which is larger and more powerful than if only 1 were raised.
  • Options
    For launch, have you considered providing an API that documents what happens in each server on a weekly/biweekly basis? Since each server will have its own story, it would be an interesting feature.
    3ejgn2bbe7q5.gif
  • Options
    This one is going to be good! Can’t wait to watch it 5 times like always.
    Tangent 369
    Ashes of Creation is the reason I stream!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOs3OsZMQWPi0TeNJ82ofA

• Options
    OtrOtr Member
    Can you confirm is this statement from wiki is still valid?

"NPCs will add a player to their hate list if that player heals, buffs or otherwise assists any player on their hate list.[7]"
  • Options
    How decided you are on the idea of combat pets? It sounds strange to me and it kinda turns me off. like i dont want to have a stat stick following me aroud (and everyone else id guess)
  • Options
    Are numbers allowed in Player Character names?
  • Options
    DiuraDiura Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Do guild freeholds work in a similar way to player freeholds? If so, can you place different blueprints for artisan and functional buildings for you whole guild to interact with?

If ya pick my question and say my name it's pronounced (Jura) Ty xD
    8st3lhnx21to.png
  • Options
    Dear Steven, would you please explain how combat pets work and if there have been any changes to the system? Many content creators and people in general seem to misunderstand the system or think it will be mandatory for min-maxing.
  • Options
    Will you be able to get social or religious augments before you'll reach lvl 25 or get a class and if so, would you be able to use them even when you're on the basic archetype only?
  • Options
    A question about Augments:

Will Augments function more in the way of a tree of expertise in a menu, or will these be craftable sub-items that we obtain through various means and add to gear?

• Options
    I'd love to learn more about the differences between freeholds and guild halls. Will you tell us more about guild halls before alpha 2?
  • Options
    BillzbubBillzbub Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Has any concept work been done on the stock exchange lately that you could share so Lex can update that page of the wiki?
  • Options
    Avernus2710Avernus2710 Member
    edited January 29
    Will all battle pets be able to be used as cosmetic pets and vice versa?
  • Options
    ashone wrote: »
    When will we see Character creation????

🤏😌👌
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited January 25
    Meh. Something was written here once. But alas, all things must come to an end. lol
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    RazThemun wrote: »
    Which Archetypes will be available at Alpha 2 Launch?

All but Summoner, if my Memory is correct. But Summoner might come in awhile after Alpha 2 has begun.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    PlasticLemonsPlasticLemons Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Since server reputation will be important to maintain and there will be large populations on each server, will there be a way to put notes on characters so we can track who we like and dislike? EVE Online does this best with reputation tags visible on name frames.
  • Options
    ElwendryllElwendryll Member
    edited January 25
    In a PvP scenario around an objective (like a caravan), what systems are in place to delay (or quicken) players getting back into the fight after they've been turned to ash.
  • Options
    Will creatures be able to be used as mounts/combat pets right after they are tamed, or do they need to go through the animal Husbandry process first?
  • Options
    Will there be in-game rewards / consequences for successfully defending / attacking a caravan? such as achievements, currency, rep for items, etc. ? Or is this more of a the caravan driver will pay to be protected and other guilds will pay mercenaries to attack it with the only rewards being what is in the caravan?
  • Options
    We understand the benefit of transporting/driving your caravan and the benefit of attacking a random caravan for potential loot...

But, what are the (built-in) incentives for people to defend a random caravan?
  • Options
    OsFurOsFur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hello Steven,
    You mentioned introducing artificial intelligence into the MMO.
    The idea is extremely interesting.
    Could you tell us more about it and keep us informed about the progress of this idea?
    Thank you.
    Baron of Shadows
    Graveyard's Grin
    Your bones dance to my rhythm
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Is the team developing Social/Religious organizations in a modular way, so that Player Created ones can exist later?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.