Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I'm devastated.

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    In countries that there is war right now in 20fucking24 there are pictures of mothers and fathers carrying babies in one arm and the ruins of their lives on the other.
    And it's exactly because I live in such a country, that I'm following the game to the best of my ability to decrease the amount I'd need to pay for it as much as possible (successfully btw B) ).
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Where do you live?
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Where do you live?
    Ukraine :)
  • Options
    Im surprised you take issue with my outlook on people.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Im surprised you take issue with my outlook on people.
    I'm just not as paranoid :) I'm sure the chance of these accs being malicious or just trolls/bots is high, but it's easier for me to take them for how they present themselves and address that, rather than fighting windmills, in hopes of winning against them.
  • Options
    What is there to win?
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    edited January 23
    What is there to win?
    You tell me. It's you who keeps accusing any new acc of being a malicious bot-like poster who's trying to... what? Bring down Intrepid in the eyes of people who's been on this forum for years?

I'd probably agree with you if we were talking about some twitter/youtube comments, cause those are usually meant for the broader audience (hell, even smth like r/mmorpg comments would fit that as well), but accusing forum posts of that just seems kinda silly to me.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    In countries that there is war right now in 20fucking24 there are pictures of mothers and fathers carrying babies in one arm and the ruins of their lives on the other.
    And it's exactly because I live in such a country, that I'm following the game to the best of my ability to decrease the amount I'd need to pay for it as much as possible (successfully btw B) ).

did u finally get a key for free?:O
  • Options
    Azherae wrote: »
    Vyril wrote: »

Like many of you, I've waited literal years for this game.
    Many of the comments are almost as disappointing.

People just assume that because I'm a gamer who's been interested in a game for a long time, somehow means I'm constantly watching and/or listening all there is to do with said game.

z6wzc7p2068b.png

You created this account 3 hours ago, to post you didn't buy access.

If checking in every 3 months is constantly, then I guess I'm out of the loop on the concept of time.

Someone's not aware of the game account and forum accounts being separate things 🤔😅

Sorry to hear, I was actually rather concerned that this would start happening when I realized I also wasn't getting these, I even had to check if it was because I bought already, with someone who hadn't.

Just remember not to judge the community as a whole from what you experienced in this thread. There are at least a few others who just, like you, don't float around much anymore, or don't post because of... well, you just experienced it.

Hopefully you'll get your Alpha-2 chance and some shift in discourse then will erase any unpleasantness from today. But no matter what you do, if Intrepid does offer you help, from my previous experience I'll advise:

DON'T TALK ABOUT IT.

For the sake of anyone else in the same situation, I wouldn't want Intrepid to ever 'end up having to stop helping because it causes a public issue for them'. So if you do get helped, don't link it to forum account, don't post here that you got it resolved, etc.

Just my baseless request.

Agreed. I'm still excited about the game, despite not having time to float around online and monitor everything all the time.

And yes, I will not be discussing help given in any detail.

See you in-game, and hopefully it proves to be a better experience than the forums; I hold out hope for the good apples such as yourself.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Depraved wrote: »
    did u finally get a key for free?:O
    They did hint on stream that making food might get you a key :) I did buy Beta2 key and will upgrade to Beta1 later though (as seen on the screenshot I posted) and I would've bought A2 key if I hadn't gotten one from making food.
  • Options
    TacquitoTacquito Member
    edited January 23
    Reading the replies, Alpha 2 keyholders be like:

7nl0osl1f1xy.png
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    Tacquito wrote: »
    Reading the replies, Alpha 2 keyholders be like:

7nl0osl1f1xy.png

I don't see any pineapple pizza in this picture.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Otr wrote: »
    They just ate it, which is why they feel so pompous now.
  • Options
    GarrtokGarrtok Member
    edited January 23

How some people can only see this situation through their one, single lens shouldn't surprise me at this point.
    People just assume I'm poor. I'm not, I'm just frugal, and instead of using $ I otherwise need for my family, I save up from birthdays, and intermittently fast (you can Google it) and save that $ as well, instead.
    People just assume that because I'm a gamer who's been interested in a game for a long time, somehow means I'm constantly watching and/or listening all there is to do with said game. I'm not, I'm busy with work and school and life; doesn't mean I'm not excited about a game.

But instead of sympathizing, some people simply seek to demean and belittle; at least one even proposed that I'm somehow a troll from a competing game?
    No one has time for that.
    At least, I certainly don't.

This was my first interaction with this game's community, and honestly probably my last.

Thanks to the few who at least expressed some sympathy for my disappointment.

Then don't use it as an argument to de scribe your sad story. You put it like "you're leaving out meals to be able to buy it" of course everyone understands that you couldn't effort it anyways. Then just leave it out. How is fasting in anyway related to saving money for this game, there is really zero connection.
  • Options
    MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
    edited January 24
    NiKr wrote: »
    Otr wrote: »
    They just ate it, which is why they feel so pompous now.

37 (5 starts) , you tell me if the pineapple pizza is not loved.
    w1dg10zwka43.jpg

EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    It going away has been a topic for a very long time. Sucks but it may come back.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    I sympathize missing a deadline, but petitioning for an exception and then posting to “vent” about something that was well communicated for months seems over-the-top.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    I have been saving birthday $, and even skipping meals on occasion in order to save up for being able to pre-order this game.

Ummmm ... ... ... o_O do you mean the Alpha, Beta, etc ? I understand them basically as Early Access.

That is what i would call Dedication. 👏

I had no idea that only 6 days ago the pre-orders would be going away.

Really ? Ohhh fff~ 😅 🤣

I'm just hoping and (literally) praying that there's some way I can still manage to get a key.
    And I'm not even asking for one for free; I finally have enough to be able to afford it.

Ironically, had I known about the ability to upgrade one's pre-order, I'd have ordered the cheaper one a while back, and upgraded along the way, as I saved up enough.

Anyway, I hope to see all of you guys later this year in-game.
    #Here'sToHoping

I am not even kidding. Someone who might have a Key right now, could die in Reallife before this Year's Alpha Two. Traffic Accident, Cancer, etc. But i am aware this sounds unrealistic when i say this way a Key might get free to get transferred for you.

Still confident here, the ultimate Launch of the Game might be in Fall 2025.

But damn the wait.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    I have been saving birthday $, and even skipping meals on occasion in order to save up for being able to pre-order this game.

Ummmm ... ... ... o_O do you mean the Alpha, Beta, etc ? I understand them basically as Early Access.

That is what i would call Dedication. 👏

I had no idea that only 6 days ago the pre-orders would be going away.

Really ? Ohhh fff~ 😅 🤣

I'm just hoping and (literally) praying that there's some way I can still manage to get a key.
    And I'm not even asking for one for free; I finally have enough to be able to afford it.

Ironically, had I known about the ability to upgrade one's pre-order, I'd have ordered the cheaper one a while back, and upgraded along the way, as I saved up enough.

Anyway, I hope to see all of you guys later this year in-game.
    #Here'sToHoping

I am not even kidding. Someone who might have a Key right now, could die in Reallife before this Year's Alpha Two. Traffic Accident, Cancer, etc. But i am aware this sounds unrealistic when i say this way a Key might get free to get transferred for you.

But damn the wait.

TF?
  • Options

One year to go through all of Alpha-2, fixes from Alpha-2, Beta-1, fixes from Beta-1, Beta-2, and then fixes from Beta-2...?

Seems unlikely.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    ImmortalityImmortality Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    daveywavey wrote: »

One year to go through all of Alpha-2, fixes from Alpha-2, Beta-1, fixes from Beta-1, Beta-2, and then fixes from Beta-2...?

Seems unlikely.

One can cope hard enough hue hue hue
    Signature-management.gif
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »

Seems unlikely.

One can cope hard enough hue hue hue

Management now, congrats!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    VyrilVyril Member
    edited January 24

People just assume that because I'm a gamer who's been interested in a game for a long time, somehow means I'm constantly watching and/or listening all there is to do with said game.

z6wzc7p2068b.png

If checking in every 3 months is constantly, then I guess I'm out of the loop on the concept of time.

Someone's not aware of the game account and forum accounts being separate things 🤔😅

Nah, I'm very aware. What I said was you created your account (regardless of forum) just to post you didn't buy into Alpha2. And you just HAPPENED to have enough money right after the game stopped selling pre-orders.

Very sus -

This also now makes it feel like this a second account to somebody that already knows. This stinks more and more as you reply.
  • Options
    VyrilVyril Member
    edited January 24
    Azherae wrote: »

z6wzc7p2068b.png

Sorry to hear, I was actually rather concerned that this would start happening when I realized I also wasn't getting these, I even had to check if it was because I bought already, with someone who hadn't.

Just remember not to judge the community as a whole from what you experienced in this thread. There are at least a few others who just, like you, don't float around much anymore, or don't post because of... well, you just experienced it.

Hopefully you'll get your Alpha-2 chance and some shift in discourse then will erase any unpleasantness from today. But no matter what you do, if Intrepid does offer you help, from my previous experience I'll advise:

DON'T TALK ABOUT IT.

For the sake of anyone else in the same situation, I wouldn't want Intrepid to ever 'end up having to stop helping because it causes a public issue for them'. So if you do get helped, don't link it to forum account, don't post here that you got it resolved, etc.

Just my baseless request.

There is no way this person should get special treatment, they missed the deadline.
  • Options
    Who cares, move on. Probably did yourself a favour by not throwing away hundreds of dollars on cosmetics that most people will replace and rarely use past the first months post launch as there will be better stuff in-game.
  • Options
    z6wzc7p2068b.png

Thank you @Vyril - I actually did feel a little for this person, before you posted this.

He might be a baiter - but at least he's not a master :lol:

@SevenWhite7 Just keep in-mind that you seem to be of the unfortunate and mis-guided perception that A2 & the Betas are "early access". They aren't. We're helping IS to hammer out bugs, find problems, and make sure the systems are both fun AND working correctly.

Who cares, move on. Probably did yourself a favour by not throwing away hundreds of dollars on cosmetics that most people will replace and rarely use past the first months post launch as there will be better stuff in-game.

I rarely agree with your negativity - but to your point, the cosmetics are all supposed to have in-game variants, with the "best-looking" ones promised to be for the highest-end, in-game content. While the OP is more bitchin' about A2 testing access, I do scowl anytime I see a FOMO-thread about not having caught this-or-that appearance-gear, "in-time".

• Options
    @Tyranthraxus not negative just a realist :wink: Intrepid did say there could be other ways in so no point throwing a pity party for them.
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    edited January 25
    pohhn9zq8yjw.png
    Take this pineapple pizza to make your pain go away quickly.

Too many carbs.

Can I get double sausage, double ham, double cheese, with fried eggs please?
    On a bacon crust, naturally.
  • Options
    Oh no! I also missed the date. Intrepid, plx gib A2 key k thx bai. :(
  • Options
    There is no way this person should get special treatment, they missed the deadline.

To be fair, while i am confident that NO. ONE. should ever get special treatment over others - i can understand when People experience "Time-gated Stuff" that is so to say, "Unfortunate" to say the least.

But sometimes Life is like this. One Day everything is nice and dandy - and then "BOOM!" Life knee's you right into the Face with a flying Knee Kick. x'D
    a50whcz343yn.png