Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What subclasses are you most excited to learn about?

Example Format:

Bard: Trickster
Cleric: Scryer
Fighter: Bladedancer
Mage: Shadowcaster
Ranger: Strider
Rogue: Assassin/Shadow Lord
Summoner: Brood Warden
Tank: Keeper

<Extra thoughts>

Comments

• Options
    Bard: All of them.
    Rogue: All of them.
    Summoner: All of them.

The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    Falconer. (I will be here, hoping for owls until the end of time!)

Other than that:
    Bowsinger (ranger + bard) and scout (ranger + rogue).

As alt classes I am rather interested in protector (cleric + ranger) and song warden (bard + ranger).

There might be a slight pattern im my interests. x']
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    edited February 8
    Probably Shadow Caster or Acolyte. Still contemplating if I should be dark witch or a light magic one
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Falconer and all of mage
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    ILLPeonUILLPeonU Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    ShadowBlade Fighter/Rogue
    Knight Tank/Fighter
    Predator Rogue/Ranger
    TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn
  • Options
    ... ... ... 😁 ... ... ...

mfvt5i9h4w8f.jpg

I am very curious about some other Archetypes, as well. But for me,

Summoner : Cleric

is the one i want to test out first. Didn't do that since Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Yes.

Meaning anything specific about any secondary archetype would be great.
    :#
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    3 mains:
    Battlemage
    Dreadnought & Necromancer.

also want to play around with Charlatan, Falconer and Weaponmaster

Going to be interesting to see how these really work in Alpha 2 and how these will be able to create different and unique builds with the stats system and gear, tatts etc :)
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Stats
  • Options
    PyrololPyrolol Member
    edited February 8
    Managed to find a photo of a summoner during a stream

jtphok6zffbg.jpeg
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options
    HybridSRHybridSR Member
    edited February 8
    Archer + Mage.

I literally just want to do the most amount of damage as possible in the least amount of time possible with a bow. Hopefully we get an Arcane Artillery augment where I can double my range for 5 seconds and just nuke players into orbit from distance.

Either that or Archer + Tank for the LuLs and people getting mad at me for not instantly dying.
  • Options
    oOHadesOooOHadesOo Member
    edited February 9
    I'm super interested in their application of the Bladedancer (fighter + bard) or the Bladecaller (fighter + summoner).I'm gonna try Wildblade (summoner + fighter) aswell. Other classes I'm very interested in and thinking about playing are:

- Fighter + Tank = Dreadnaught (lower priority for me, but could be very strong in larger scale PvP class).

- Fighter + Rogue = Shadowblade (same as above, lower priority for me, but could be very good especially in small scale and 1v1 PvP).

- Fighter + Cleric = Highsword (I'm not very interested in having a lot of real heals and group heals and that whole more paladin-ish playstyle, but if you can skill him into more of a death knight with selfish lifesteal, etc., it could be a very interesting class for me).

- Rogue + Fighter = Duelist (lower priority for me but probably a strong 1v1 class).

- Rogue + Summoner = Shadowlord (this is a pretty high priority class for me to test, I imagine this to be kind of like Zed from League of Legends. I'm hoping for an ability like the clone ability from ESO's Nightblade, for example. I think this class could have higher than usual skill ceiling but very rewarding if you master it).

- Rogue + Cleric = Cultist (another high priority for me to test, same as with Highsword, I'm more interested in the death aspect that the cleric brings into it than the life aspect).

- Rogue + Bard = Charlatan (high priority, I think of this as a Shaco-like playstyle, appearing always when your opponent doesn't want you to appear to fear them with a jack-in-the-box and troll them into chasing you just to run into your team and die, it could be very interesting).

- Mage + Cleric = I would love to play a blood mage kind of character, and I think that mage + the death and lifesteal aspect from cleric might be the closest thing to that if not basically being that, so I'm definitely gonna play this class. Also, I'm good with mages usually so it might be a good class for me.

- Summoner + everything (I'm just interested in all the summoner classes and how the augments will change the summons etc. Especially interested in Necro or Beastmaster or Wildblade).

- Bard + Rogue = Trickster

- Bard + Mage = Magician ( i dont want to play a support class but i have to say that little clip about the bard made me fall in love a little bit so i might give it a try and see if i can make a damage dealer out of this guy)
    For the empyre !!!
  • Options
    MagosMagos Member
    edited February 9
    Scryer = Cleric + Bard -> I wanna try this as it seems to be the best support class

Shaman = Cleric + Summoner -> Sounds really cool as a concept, still need to know the direction they wanna take on this front.

Necromancer = Summoner + Cleric -> In theory this should be one of the best sustain classes imho, really looking forward for that undead style of gameplay

Predator = Rogue + Ranger -> This one i need to try out as it reminds me of the 1987 movie Predator

wb3mjxsygay1.png
  • Options
    The ones which augment the primary archetype abilities... those ones, yup.
  • Options
    Hinotori wrote: »
    Falconer and all of mage

I was actually super hyped for the Falconer because I'm a huge Assassin's Creed fan (especially AC:IV, but the newer stuff too). Then I realized that if you send the falcon up, while the falcon is doing recon it just revealed your spot to surrounding players: both before and after landing. I hope the devs fix this problem by adding a ton of falcons to all the areas. Unlikely, but possible.

...Since animal husbandry exists, you might also be able to customize your falcon for the area it's in. If you stay in a large biome area for your guild, you could easily get away with using that.

Seriously, I'm going to have so many alts...
  • Options
    The class system is the one aspect of this game that I am really unsure of. Even though you augment with your second class I’m just not sure how much of an impact it will have. D&D, EQ, DAoC and Rift with others have very deep class systems . But wait to see if they are any good. Your class design can have a very negative impact on an otherwise great game. I hope AOC’s classes are fun.
  • Options
    I'm most interested in any primary with the cleric secondary. I would like to see how much healing or other supportive attributes it provides and whether it will be the most dominant solo-player secondary. Also how much other attributes you give up by choosing cleric as your secondary (risk and reward, solo self heal compared to ability to kill mobs quicker).
  • Options
    Ranger + Ranger > Hawkeye
    n8ohfjz3mtqg.png
  • Options
    I'm so torn on what I want. The games so new and not tons of game play on all the builds in real world to decide...
  • Options
    I'm very curious to see how augmentations of an archetype with bard, summoner and cleric will look like.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    Bard and Summoner, all subclasses. But I am really interested to see how much subclasses effect the actual classes. I hope it have decently deep impact, not just a graphical difference.
  • Options
    I want to see how much firepower the fighter secondary adds to support classes such as the cleric and bard to make them more solo friendly.

I've never been a big support player but this concept is much more appealing to me in Ashes.

I'd only do it though if I don't feel like i'm being noticeably gimped during solo play compared to most dps. I have no problem being in the lower end of the dps spectrum but I would have to be in that spectrum and not a noticeable tier or two below.

I think the fighter subclass might add the most impactful offensive punch to these support classes.
  • Options
    Shadow Disciple (Cleric/Rogue). A healer with stealth sounds funny. Wanna see how it works. Hopefully it's not useless in PvE.
  • Options
    So many combinations.. And with how daunting the leveling system can be (which I'm in favor of), I'm really stuck on what I all want to try out. Overall, Battlemage, spellstone, Archwizard and shadowcaster.

If I can be a mage tank and still be given insanely awesome elemental spells, chances are I'm going to want to do that.

I'm REALLY hoping that it's not -too- costly for players to swap their secondary archetype. Being able to go from a Mage/mage to a Mage/tank offers an incredibly powerful boost in versatility.
    I am obsessed with anything magic.

• Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I hope one of the Bards option will be a full support buff/debuffer like EQ1 Bard. Maybe Bard/Bard. With dual spec in Ashes, I also hope Bard/Mage leads to a Bard that can take the back seat in a party and play a DPS role that also buffs other casters.
  • Options
    SnowElf wrote: »
    So many combinations.. And with how daunting the leveling system can be (which I'm in favor of), I'm really stuck on what I all want to try out. Overall, Battlemage, spellstone, Archwizard and shadowcaster.

If I can be a mage tank and still be given insanely awesome elemental spells, chances are I'm going to want to do that.

I'm REALLY hoping that it's not -too- costly for players to swap their secondary archetype. Being able to go from a Mage/mage to a Mage/tank offers an incredibly powerful boost in versatility.

Can only be changed in town. Not in the field or in battle.
  • Options
    Warrior / summoner - Bladecaller

This is the dream (one with red-ish) hair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opK9pvmE-lM
  • Options
    As an altiholic, I am interested in all the archetypes of classes.

I am interested in a few more than others. Such as the Necromancer, Shadowmancer, Shadow Lord, Charlatan, Trickster, Warlock and Keeper.
  • Options
    Fighter/Cleric
    A well armored warrior with life steal, sacrifice, and healing effects
  • Options
    Chonkers wrote: »
    Fighter/Cleric
    A well armored warrior with life steal, sacrifice, and healing effects
    That would be a nice combination.

Personally, I figured the Highsword would be more like a Retribution Paladin from WOW. While some of the summoner classes will have life taps, like the Keeper (Tank/Summoner) and Brood Warden (Summoner/Tank).

I guess we will eventually find out,

• Options
    edited February 26
    willsummon wrote: »
    As an altiholic, I am interested in all the archetypes of classes.

I am interested in a few more than others. Such as the Necromancer, Shadowmancer, Shadow Lord, Charlatan, Trickster, Warlock and Keeper.

I my younger days, I would have maxed out at least 5 classes and keep 3 classes min/max with top end gear. Now it's just 1 or 2 classes with only one min/maxed. But this game sure has me temped to play like I used too lol