Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Zones and Leveling?

"If I understand correctly, zones/nodes will keep areas relevant for players by changing mob levels and so forth. How is the same zone relevant for new players coming in then? Or do they need to find an 'unused' area to find level-appropriate content?"

Comments

  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 15
    Supposedly all the ZOIs will have both low and higher level content. The highest level content will likely depend on node level, but even a Metropolis should have low level content as well. My guess is lower level node ZOIs will be more fun to XP in for lower level players though. We'll have to wait and see in A2.
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited March 16
    Just thought about it,


    i could live with the fact, that once Players have given Rise to Nodes of like Level Three or so -> that the "Areas" around the Nodes become harder and higher levelled than the ones of Nodes with Level One or Two,

    meaning -> from a certain Date of playing, Noobie-Players would need to start at Vassal-kind of Nodes of Level One or Two or so, because the Area's around the higher-levelled Nodes would probably have NPC Mobs and Enemies that would beat the everliving Daylights out of them easily.



    I could live with that. It would make Area's different in terms of Level, which are all of the same Level at the very Beginning of the Game itself.

    Plus on different Servers, Nodes with different Levels would mean the Area around the Nodes is also everytime a bit different.


    I can see a System in which "Noob-Players" shouldn't start at Level 1, at Town, City or even Metropholis, because the Mobs around these High-Level Nodes would eat them for Breakfast.

    And i could live with that.



    Or maybe it is like in World of WoW-Token Craft -> and the Area's scale with the Level of the Players that are in it ?

    Mobs that are like Level 11 for all Party Members with Level 11,
    but Level 3 to 5 for all the other Party-Members who are these much Levels lower ? Sounds all cool.
    0blpmydr0qkc.png
  • TenzerTenzer Member
    You can't have two metropolises together, so the ones around them have to have lower levels, that's where you find low level mobs.
    Pic related:
    SSLivestream-2022-08-26-1%3A06%3A51.09.png
  • Ashes of relations just did a vid that had alot of this conversation a good watch.
    https://youtu.be/hzK_EAdCFEU?t=4

    pretty sure the commission boards and in node quest givers will know players level and give out the relevant content for your level.
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited March 16
    Tenzer wrote: »
    You can't have two metropolises together, so the ones around them have to have lower levels, that's where you find low level mobs.
    Pic related:
    SSLivestream-2022-08-26-1%3A06%3A51.09.png

    This is how i imagine the optimum or even best kind of Scenario.


    Because -> Players on different Servers -> will have different Nodes in different Places being low- or high level, won't they not ? ;)

    A Node which is a Metropolis in one Place on Server -> may be just a cute Encampment or Village on another Server, in the same Place.


    It would keep the World of Verra even more different in terms of Variety for the Mobs and how strong or weak they are in the same Area's on different Servers.
    0blpmydr0qkc.png
  • BlipBlip Member
    I was thinkibg it was something like that, but that makes the ZOI is the real level "scaler" so it will make players spread out in levels. Using vassels as the way to make a ZOI relevant not a node.

    Am ok with it but ofc be cooler if you had low and high levels side by side.
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Blip wrote: »
    "If I understand correctly, zones/nodes will keep areas relevant for players by changing mob levels and so forth. How is the same zone relevant for new players coming in then? Or do they need to find an 'unused' area to find level-appropriate content?"

    This isn't likely to be a huge problem for a while, as we understand it, because exp filters up, not down.

    There will definitely be some servers like this, but we probably don't need to assume it will be common.

    If everyone logs in day 1 and goes to node A together, and all those people just grind at similar rates, then node A could theoretically hit Town or City without a single other node around it rising very much.

    Then, let's say there are 4-5 nodes around A, all that would need to happen is people to say 'hey let's focus on raising B'.

    The Newbies now raise B while the OG Citizens are grinding in the Node A level ranges. When they run out of content, Node B rises and give them new content, but Node C is the new newbie zone.

    Since even if A hits Metro, you probably won't have to travel too far to reach 'Node F/G', I don't think it will be difficult to find a so-called 'unused area'. The new Vassal Nodes image shown in this thread was probably finalized after analyzing their desired playloop.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.
    
  • KilionKilion Member
    As others hinted at, there will probably be more low level zones near lower level Nodes, while some of these zones would "scale up" as the nearby relevant Nodes advance. This might mean that players without guild association find themselves traveling from rural to urban during their levelling phase while players with an established guild association might level more in areas where the guild has influence.

    This means the levelling experience will be different when you (A) start play at launch, (B) after the ZOIs have established themselves with a Metropolis or (C) after a big ZOI has fallen due to a siege. Of course things like *how* you play (more PvE or PvP or artisanal) may also influence where you would want to go to level up.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • BlipBlip Member
    Good points, am not seeing a problem here i am just curius on how it works. Be fun to test this stuff in August 😁
  • KilionKilion Member
    Blip wrote: »
    Good points, am not seeing a problem here i am just curius on how it works. Be fun to test this stuff in August 😁

    Is August confirmed or are you just hoping it will be by then? :D
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • BlipBlip Member
    Kilion wrote: »
    Blip wrote: »
    Good points, am not seeing a problem here i am just curius on how it works. Be fun to test this stuff in August 😁

    Is August confirmed or are you just hoping it will be by then? :D

    It is a guess 🙂, July is summer break, September seems too close to deadline so my guess is August.
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited March 18
    Blip wrote: »
    Good points, am not seeing a problem here i am just curius on how it works. Be fun to test this stuff in August 😁

    I am also since Months guessing (hoping) sharply for August. Nothing against July already, but i have a Feeling good things will as always take time.

    Kilion wrote: »
    Is August confirmed or are you just hoping it will be by then? :D

    1.) - It is Quarter Three, right ?


    2.) - Gutfeeling. I know this one sounds a bit stupid, but when Sir Steven announced at the End(?) of September 2023, that the Alpha II will come in 2024,

    i just looked back with my Memory of for how long Ashes of Creation is in Development right now and i think i saw Asmongold as an Alpha 1(?) Tester(?) in 2018 or 2019 or so,

    and then i just thought :
    " Ha hah !! Never is the Alpha coming out before 10, or 11, or 12 more Months, from now on. "

    Because it just takes so long. It will be a HUUUGE Game. A HUUUGE Open World. And all the Contents announced - plus the Knowledge that Sir Steven as Lead Designer won't be satisfied until every Content programmed is Fun to play,

    kinda tells me it will still takes b~IIIG Steps and big time more or less - until Contents to test in Alpha Two will hit the Stage.


    3.) - because i also hope that it would be July 1st or 3rd or so, lol - the very first Days of Quarter Three, but this would be naive to say the least.

    I just hope the monthly Live-Stream Presentations until Alpha Two will be very worth watching and comforting for all of those who are even more hyped than me - and hence more strained and pressured than me because they did what i do since YEARS and YEARS and not just since September 2023. :D

    And that is waiting for the Game eagerly on a monthly basis. Gods above and below, the Torture. :D
    0blpmydr0qkc.png
  • XeegXeeg Member
    Another good question along the same lines is what about max level characters whose node just got destroyed and set back to level 0. Are they really going to want to grind it back up to a metropolis? If they just spent 500 hours getting their toon maxed and their node grown, how many hours are they going to want to spend grinding low level content just to grow the node back?
  • JhorenJhoren Member
    Xeeg wrote: »
    Another good question along the same lines is what about max level characters whose node just got destroyed and set back to level 0. Are they really going to want to grind it back up to a metropolis? If they just spent 500 hours getting their toon maxed and their node grown, how many hours are they going to want to spend grinding low level content just to grow the node back?

    They won't be able to grind the same node up to metro, as it's likely locked by surrounding nodes. Ashes will have a system for players that have recently lost a node to get them on a fast track to become citizens of a different existing node.
  • XeegXeeg Member
    Jhoren wrote: »
    Xeeg wrote: »
    Another good question along the same lines is what about max level characters whose node just got destroyed and set back to level 0. Are they really going to want to grind it back up to a metropolis? If they just spent 500 hours getting their toon maxed and their node grown, how many hours are they going to want to spend grinding low level content just to grow the node back?

    They won't be able to grind the same node up to metro, as it's likely locked by surrounding nodes. Ashes will have a system for players that have recently lost a node to get them on a fast track to become citizens of a different existing node.

    Yes but that original node should have a way to becoming a metro again if the players work for it. Be it killing the parent node or surrounding nodes or whatever. My point is that a bunch of level 50s who just got their metro destroyed and want to rebuild will have to grind the node from 0-metro again, as well as destroying the nodes around them. And much of that content might feel pretty overleveled for a group of 50s.
Sign In or Register to comment.