Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hypothesis confirmed, The real reason why PvE players don't like PvX for AoC, EUREKA !!

12346»

Comments

• Options
    RazThemunRazThemun Member
    IMO it really comes down to this.... some players love predictability... others seek challenge and ever changing game play. Those that love pve generally prefer predictability. If I stand here and do this I won't get aggro, if I go along this wall I am safe, if I use this trinket they will always respond in this way.

PVP is far from this. As a person with a brain is responding to each and everything you do. You may get good at it and be able to predict how an encounter will go. But it will not always be certain as even the timing of it will vary player to player based off of reaction times.

If people come into ashes with the thought everything will be predictable they will be sorely mistaken. Intrepid is pushing for player agency and choice... which in and of itself creates and envireonment of unpredictability.
  • Options
    RazThemunRazThemun Member
    IMO it really comes down to this.... some players love predictability... others seek challenge and ever changing game play. Those that love pve generally prefer predictability. If I stand here and do this I won't get aggro, if I go along this wall I am safe, if I use this trinket they will always respond in this way.

PVP is far from this. As a person with a brain is responding to each and everything you do. You may get good at it and be able to predict how an encounter will go. But it will not always be certain as even the timing of it will vary player to player based off of reaction times.

If people come into ashes with the thought everything will be predictable they will be sorely mistaken. Intrepid is pushing for player agency and choice... which in and of itself creates and envireonment of unpredictability.