Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Unpopular opinion : Zergs are necessary and Castle sieges should not be fair

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    1000 people fighting in a tiny area would also feel like garbage.

Indeed. And yet still - apparently there won't be a real upper Limit to "Node" Sieges when it comes to the People who will be able to join the Defenders and the Attackers. Hmmmm. Interesting.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »

Indeed. And yet still - apparently there won't be a real upper Limit to "Node" Sieges when it comes to the People who will be able to join the Defenders and the Attackers. Hmmmm. Interesting.

game isn't out yet. everything is subject to change.

also, consider that the whole server wont be fighting in a node siege. it will mostly be the node citizens who wish to participate. plus as far as I know, nodes are big, so the combatants will be spread out throughout the whole node instead of fighting in a single spot.

other games have done similar things and I've never seen 34574754 players in one spot lol
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member

Confused what you are talking about right now are you talking about T&L or AoC.

Siege is capped, there is no information on node yet and that should be capped as well and the point of the whole disccusion.

Unsure why you are saying there is no limit and not "no information" We have already went over this with zerg mechanics id rather not repeat it all again.

Please tell me where the "casual" zerg guild is at on T&L and why none of them are any kind of guild stopping hardcore players.

There is a reason why you are seeing real time game devs change how things work (CAPPED) because the gameplay is trash when u can't move and there is 7 people around you at every inch. Large scale fights need equally large scale land, not 500 people in a tiny building / small area.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Like legit me explaining in detail why its bad, using examples, Showing it doesn't benefit casuals players and there is not a showing of them using it, and showing games DEVs change how things work in REAL time to less favor zerg numbers to win.

People still out here saying large uncapped zergs lmao.

If you weren't on a EU server I'd make sure my guild would be zerging you to the point you can't play the game and do some heavy recruiting. I got 100 people on NW in a few days pretty easily (more because I'm cycling people out also), on AoC getting more people would be even easier and I wouldn't limit myself to as many members.

So say you want zergs but everyone has a breaking point, how many hours of the day do you want to lose to pvp, how many weeks of resources do you want to lose, if I do this for a month straights is that enough to break you, how about multiple months to the point a single guild member can solo your group cause of the gear chase? How long till you end up stop playing or join another zerg guild to be protected by your new overlords. I'd definitely find that breaking point given the chance. And use numbers to stop any kind of future competition and making it so you have less places to hide at. While my guilds will be eating good with all the easy riches we would be getting.

Again people have not played games in awhile or games where you can zerg and do not understand how bad things can get. Even as I've been showing you actual examples the only way for someone to truly understand is to experience it.

Though I'm fairly confident devs won't want that to happen to ruin their game. Which is the best thing you should be wishing for right now.
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited April 20

Siege is capped, there is no information on node yet and that should be capped as well and the point of the whole disccusion.

I am aware i might be mistaken here.

Just when i looked at the +2Hour Video i linked here recently -> it seemed when the Sir in the Video talked about Node Sieges - that the Number of Participants doesn't seem limited.

People can join the Defenders no Problem, apparently.
    People can join the Attackers the same, apparently.

The Siege starts when the Requirements are met. But it didn't sound like more People are blocked to join the Defenders or Attackers when the Battle is ignited.

You just can not join Attacks on allied Nodes or your own, apparently. Makes Sense, right ?
    And You can not join the Defenders of a Node at War with your own or with allied Nodes.

If - i - understood - this - right. But i admit : my Oversight stays humble.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member

I am aware i might be mistaken here.

Just when i looked at the +2Hour Video i linked here recently -> it seemed when the Sir in the Video talked about Node Sieges - that the Number of Participants doesn't seem limited.

People can join the Defenders no Problem, apparently.
    People can join the Attackers the same, apparently.

The Siege starts when the Requirements are met. But it didn't sound like more People are blocked to join the Defenders or Attackers when the Battle is ignited.

You just can not join Attacks on allied Nodes or your own, apparently. Makes Sense, right ?
    And You can not join the Defenders of a Node at War with your own or with allied Nodes.

If - i - understood - this - right. But i admit : my Oversight stays humble.

There is no information on how things works or rule sets. All we have to go off is siege which is limited by numbers and them saying their goal is 250 but maybe 500 if optimization is good for it. Which is a pretty important point for them to be talking about.