Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Fighter Abilities From March 2024 Livestream

As I did with the Mage, Cleric, and Ranger Abilities

Here is the Fighter :)

Abilities:
o Blitz: 10 Mana 30 Range 0.8s Use
Charge directly towards target enemy, dealing physical damage to the target on arrival.

o Brutal Cleave: 20 Mana 1.2s Use
Perform a wide sweeping attacking, dealing damage to all enemies in front of you.
This ability shares a cooldown with Overpower, and hitting an enemy with a weapon combo finisher reduces its cooldown by 8 seconds
+10-20 Combat moment )based on number of enemies hit.

o Maim 25 Mana 1.4s Use
Perform a powerful melee strike in a short forward cone, dealing physical damage to all targets hit plus 100% additional damage to recently tripped targets

o Overpower 10 Mana 4m Range 1s Use
Deal direct damage and apply Shaken to target enemy. This ability shares a cooldown with Brutal Cleave, and hitting an enemy with a weapon combo finisher refreshes the cooldown of this ability
+10 Combat Momentum

o Battle Cry 30 Mana 0.7s Use
Unleash a resounding war bellow, applying the Riled effect to the caster and al nearby party memb3ers and Shaken to all nearby enemies. Gain 5 Combat Momentum for each target that was Riled.
Riled targets have increases stability and have increase change of tripping Shaken enemies.

o Rupture 15 Mana 4m Range 1.3s Use
Deal physical damage and apply a debuff to the target. While the debuff is active, the target acquires 5 wound stacks per second that they are moving.
After 5 seconds, the target takes heavy damage, plus additional damage for each stack of wound it has.

o Exert 0.2s Use
Consume your Combat Momentum rapidly, gaining 20% increased attack and movement speed and immunity to disabling effects while active.
Must have at least 20 Combat Momentum to activate, and the effect ends when all Combat Momentum is fully depleted.

o Crippling blow 15 Mana 4m Range 0.9s Use
Deal physical damage and apply Snare to target enemy for 6 seconds

o Lethal blow 15 Mana 4m Range 1.1s Use
Perform a powerful descending strike upon target enemy, dealing additional physical damage based on the amount of % missing health, up to 300% of base damage.

o Cataclysm 40 Mana 2.1s Use
Deal heavy damage and apply Shaken to all enemies in a large area in front of you.
Shaken enemies have 5% change to trip when hit, and the effect is removed when triggered. This chance doubles when hit by Riled targets.

o Whirlwind 30 Mana 3m Range 2.7s Cast
Channeled ability: Deal physical damage to all enemies around the caster with each spin while channeled, increasing the spin rate the longer it is channeled.
The caster is immune to hard disabling effects while spinning.
Activate ability again to end channeling early.

o Blood Fusion Instant Cast
Return 100% of damage dealt as heal and 50% of damage dealt as mana over the next 6 seconds.
If activated while below 50% health, gain 25% increased damage mitigation and healing received over the duration.

o Lunging Assault 0.6s Use
Spend 15 Combat Momentum to lunge in a direction a short distance and perform an upward swing upon arrival, dealing damage to enemies in front of you. You are immune to hard crow control effects while performing this ability.

o Leap Strike 30 Mana 30m Range 1.8s Use
Leap to target location and deal damage around you, snaring targets hit for 3 seconds.

Forms:
o Form of Fluidity 10 Mana 0.7s Use
While in this form, the caster receives +4% Disable Resistance Chance per 10 Combat Momentum, up to a maximum of +40%.
Shifting from costs 20% of current Combat Momentum and triggers cooldown for all Combat Forms.

o Form of Celerity 10 Mana 0.7s Use
While in this form, the caster receives +2% Movement Speed per 10 Combat Momentum, up to a maximum of +20%.
Shifting form costs 20% of current Combat Momentum and triggers cooldown for all Combat Forms.

o Form of Ferocity 10 Mana 0.7s Use
While in this form, the caster receives +2% Attack Speed per 10 Combat Momentum, up to a maximum of +20%.
Shifting form costs 20% of current Combat Momentum and triggers cooldown for all Combat Forms.

Comments

• Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thanks, but perhaps maybe remove the seconds use.

I am pretty sure Steven had the cooldowns turned down, so we don't want to be misleading about anything.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    blatblat Member
    edited March 29
    Azherae wrote: »
    I am pretty sure Steven had the cooldowns turned down, so we don't want to be misleading about anything.

I don't think the 'seconds use' are cooldowns, I'd imagine it's a duration time.
    Perform a wide sweeping attacking, dealing damage to all enemies in front of you.
    This ability shares a cooldown with Overpower, and hitting an enemy with a weapon combo finisher reduces its cooldown by 8 seconds
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Animation cancel was best part lol.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    blat wrote: »
    Azherae wrote: »

I don't think the 'seconds use' are cooldowns, I'd imagine it's a duration time.

That's partially why I say it, but fair point, so yeah, please ignore if you weren't gonna, Skylarck.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Am I the only one who thing Form of Celerity should either reduce the cooldown on Blitz/Lunging Strike/Leap Strike?

Like the concept of momentum being a resource that is spendable but you really want to keep it high, wish they had more momentum spenders that made the user consider whether the buffs are better to keep or to use this ability for an advantage.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Cataclysm no longer has the Giant Hammer animation, but...
    I wonder if some of the Active Skills, like Brutal Cleave and Maim, will retain the animations of a Sword even while wielding a Dagger or a Bow.
    Or will the animations change to reflect the Weapon being wielded.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    I wonder if some of the Active Skills, like Brutal Cleave and Maim, will retain the animations of a Sword even while wielding a Dagger or a Bow.

Personally I am curious now on how a dagger fighter will operate. Given momentum, wounds, and attack speed we are shown I wonder how a fighter going for inherently faster attack speed daggers would operate compared to the 2h fighter we saw.
  • Options

I don't see how range weapons make sense for the any of the fighter's active skills. Good to build momentum at range and getting desired procs though.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    I think Steven kinda hinted that we should be able to use a Bow as a Melee Weapon.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited March 30
    I think Steven kinda hinted that we should be able to use a Bow as a Melee Weapon.

I think its more so you get a rng option with all classes as a basic attack. Same way rangers will get a melee option for basic attacks.
  • Options
    Ok, here are my thoughts, at least as they stand without having seen the complete dev update, only the fighter showcase part (waiting for the complete stream to give my "official" feedback).

What is the fighter archetype? A DPS. What kind of DPS? An AoE DPS at melee range.

Not all attacks are AoE, but the bread and butter of the archetype seem to revolve on damaging multiple enemies at once and having the means to go deliver the payload. Fighters will shine while acting as a wrecking ball in back line supports and dps clumping together. Good at disruption.

Against single opponent they'll be far less impressive or efficient (that's probably where the Rogues will excel at). Their single target skills are to either hinder or punish the target from moving away from them, and there is a finisher type attack (Lethal Blow).

The kind of encounters we saw in the showcase, in which there was always multiple enemies pulled together, will favour Fighters. High mobility boss too I guess (because of their many gap closer skills), but not so much for the more static ones.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

This would suck. It would make my Bow Bard a melee Bard despite my desire for a ranged Bard.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Why would that make your Bow Bard a Melee Bard?
    You would most likely do considerably more Damage at range.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Well, it all depends on proximities really. As Bard has some proximity based buffs it means a ranged bard might not be the best build. I hope a ranges bard is viable though. Depends how big of a proximity the devs mean.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif