Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Node buddies

blatblat Member
edited April 24 in General Discussion
How many of you have a guild already? I plan to just head for a biome/node I fancy and see who's there.
But it might be nice to meet a node buddy or two while forum lurking, so let's use this thread to advertise and find some like-minds!

Region: EU
Preferred biome(s): Swamp/Asian forest (on or near the coast)
Preferred node type(s): Military

Comments

• Options
    blatblat Member
    Regions according to the wiki:
    - North America (NA)
    - Europe (EU)
    - Asia/Pacific (SEA)
    - Oceana (OCE)
    - South America (SA) "under consideration"

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Regions
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    We are about 2 years till the soonest release. Bit early to look for a guild IMO. Will take my time in A2 to find people who like to RP and play to have fun and don't take themselves to seriously.
  • Options
    blatblat Member
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    We are about 2 years till the soonest release. Bit early to look for a guild IMO. Will take my time in A2 to find people who like to RP and play to have fun and don't take themselves to seriously.

If it wasn't clear; I have no intention to look for a guild. This thread isn't about looking for guilds. I thought it could be cool to see if anyone else has similar plans, to make some node buddies early on.
    I can edit my original post if this isn't clear.
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited April 24
    blat wrote: »
    How many of you have a guild already ?

I have none.

I " ALSO " ask myself especially regarding THIS *PEEEEEEEEEP* of People in a Forum,

if "YOU" never accepted Grammar like putting the " ? " be~fu~XX~ing HIND the Word you put it.

The cringe is real. I am aware i might curse myself forever with mentioning this. In the age of the Insane, the normal One is the crazy One.

I plan to just head for a biome/node I fancy and see who's there.

You - " NEED " - Priorities.

What Node do You want ?
    What "RACIAL Aberrations" are You willing to accept, in it's Infra-Structure ?
    [/quote]

But it might be nice to meet a node buddy or two while

" BLAM !! " (Fist)

FIT IN OUR D~*PEEEEEEEP* !!!!! I will WHIP ( :D ) " YOU INTO SHAPE until You can fight the Universe for our Cause !!!!!!

( This Comment is RP-based. Don't get your Panties in a bunch. )

The Empire doesn't sleep. It doesn't need good People. It need SOLDIERS !!!!!
    * weird fanatic Soundtracks playing in the background *
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    TheoryForge has a Community that will very likely have a Guild in Ashes.
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »

I have none.

I " ALSO " ask myself especially regarding THIS *PEEEEEEEEEP* of People in a Forum,

if "YOU" never accepted Grammar like putting the " ? " be~fu~XX~ing HIND the Word you put it.

The cringe is real. I am aware i might curse myself forever with mentioning this. In the age of the Insane, the normal One is the crazy One.

What Node do You want ?

" BLAM !! " (Fist)

FIT IN OUR D~*PEEEEEEEP* !!!!! I will WHIP ( :D ) " YOU INTO SHAPE until You can fight the Universe for our Cause !!!!!!

* weird fanatic Soundtracks playing in the background *[/quote]

I am so confused by your comment @_@

who didn't use the ?
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    I'm gonna make my own Node Guild in a snowy mountain Divine node :)
  • Options
    blatblat Member
    edited April 25

I have none.

What Node do You want ?

" BLAM !! " (Fist)

* weird fanatic Soundtracks playing in the background *

What on earth is going on here? <-- question mark included
  • Options
    blatblat Member
    Can we keep a thread on point for a change?
    Anyone like me, who intends to leave guild stuff until you are in-game; advertise your region/biome/node type of choice and see if anyone else has the same plans!
    In the following format:

Region:
    Preferred biome(s):
    Preferred node type(s):
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    No.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Already joined the best guild. khz6ccr92p69.gif
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    blatblat Member
    Noaani wrote: »
    No.

qljwg3xpxgdb.png
  • Options
    -T0Mb--T0Mb- Member
    Maybe something like this:

Region: EU
    Preferred biome(s): Snowy mountains (Sujoma)/Redwood forests
    Preferred node type(s): Don't know yet but I would prefer Dünir themed node. I'm going to play a Dünir but my friends can play what race they like. B)
  • Options
    blatblat Member
    Come on people, get involved.

Region: (NA,EU, SEA, OCE, SA)
    Preferred biome(s):
    Preferred node type(s): Economic/Scientific/Military/Divine
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited April 27
    Hinotori wrote: »

I admit i have not joined a Guild ... ... ... yet.

I have something like an inner Principle and Concept - that i don't really want to search or join before the clear Date of Alpha Two Tests gets announced.

I have seen Hardcore-Guilds over Hardcore-Guilds in the EU and NA Guild Subforums - but i wonder if there will be Roleplay-oriented ones as well.

Will there be " Race-Guilds " ?? ( Dun Dun DUUUNNN ) >:)
    Don't panic. As will not be as cringe as in Reallife with Identity Politics. (Hopefully, lol)

Will there be Dunir Guilds ? Kae'lar Guilds ? Ren'kai Guilds ? Vae'lune Guilds ??

Will there maybe such Guilds that will target specific Biomes for Node building ? Vae'lune doing a cool Persia-Stuff Node thingy in the Desert ? Dunir on the snowy Mountains or underneath the Mountains ? >;-]

Kae'lar's maybe a Viking-Styled Kae'lar-Node Attempt in the Middle Region where snowy, cold Climate and the Open Seas are "BEGGING" for Viking-styled Pirate Roleplay ? >:)

Who knows ? I am aware we might not even get to do such a thing because Tests wil be Tests and we might not even have the Time aside from doing the Tests demanded.

Copium-Sir Narc even said there might be waiting Ques around +10 Hours in the first Days -> and the Moment you are logged in "BOOOOM!!!!!!!!" you get a Disconnect and can wait for the next 10 Hours. (hahahahahah)

Guilds ? Lets say this Forum is quite a bit ... ... ... "underwhelming" in the Guild Subforums. Or maybe it is just me and my Autism prevents me from finding the active bits. And it's not like i have "NOT" seen the Links in Signatures or in the Opening Comments of Guilds and their Introductions. 😁 . 😁 . 😁

It's just that both the "Names" sound so kinda Alien to the World of Verra - at least from my more than humble Oversight over the Worlds' Lore -> plus the fact that i would for most Guilds need to join a North American Guild : and i am not even sure i can "test" on North American Servers as a german Person, 😁

that i am still very reluctant to give my best to place me somewhere. I have a few Guilds definitely in the Eye, but damn i can not even blame them for having about same as Zero Oversight or a Plan for the World of Verra as me right now.

The Testing Phase can not come fast enough. But before that, V Rising wil be complete and good, little Enshrouded is getting only more and more complete as well. Even Sea of Grieves got new Seasons and Updates since the last Months. I am shocked. Games come to live like never before.

And still not even a clear Date for Alpha Two. * sigh * 🙃
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    blatblat Member
    Hinotori wrote: »

I admit i have not joined a Guild ... ... ... yet.

I have something like an inner Principle and Concept - that i don't really want to search or join before the clear Date of Alpha Two Tests gets announced.

I have seen Hardcore-Guilds over Hardcore-Guilds in the EU and NA Guild Subforums - but i wonder if there will be Roleplay-oriented ones as well.

Will there be " Race-Guilds " ?? ( Dun Dun DUUUNNN ) >:)
    Don't panic. As will not be as cringe as in Reallife with Identity Politics. (Hopefully, lol)

Will there be Dunir Guilds ? Kae'lar Guilds ? Ren'kai Guilds ? Vae'lune Guilds ??

Will there maybe such Guilds that will target specific Biomes for Node building ? Vae'lune doing a cool Persia-Stuff Node thingy in the Desert ? Dunir on the snowy Mountains or underneath the Mountains ? >;-]

Kae'lar's maybe a Viking-Styled Kae'lar-Node Attempt in the Middle Region where snowy, cold Climate and the Open Seas are "BEGGING" for Viking-styled Pirate Roleplay ? >:)

Who knows ? I am aware we might not even get to do such a thing because Tests wil be Tests and we might not even have the Time aside from doing the Tests demanded.

Copium-Sir Narc even said there might be waiting Ques around +10 Hours in the first Days -> and the Moment you are logged in "BOOOOM!!!!!!!!" you get a Disconnect and can wait for the next 10 Hours. (hahahahahah)

Guilds ? Lets say this Forum is quite a bit ... ... ... "underwhelming" in the Guild Subforums. Or maybe it is just me and my Autism prevents me from finding the active bits. And it's not like i have "NOT" seen the Links in Signatures or in the Opening Comments of Guilds and their Introductions. 😁 . 😁 . 😁

It's just that both the "Names" sound so kinda Alien to the World of Verra - at least from my more than humble Oversight over the Worlds' Lore -> plus the fact that i would for most Guilds need to join a North American Guild : and i am not even sure i can "test" on North American Servers as a german Person, 😁

that i am still very reluctant to give my best to place me somewhere. I have a few Guilds definitely in the Eye, but damn i can not even blame them for having about same as Zero Oversight or a Plan for the World of Verra as me right now.

The Testing Phase can not come fast enough. But before that, V Rising wil be complete and good, little Enshrouded is getting only more and more complete as well. Even Sea of Grieves got new Seasons and Updates since the last Months. I am shocked. Games come to live like never before.

And still not even a clear Date for Alpha Two. * sigh * 🙃

Is it really that hard to just go along with the purpose of a thread?
    This massive wall of randomly-capitalised spam when this thread actually has v little to do with guilds.

This thread is precisely for people who don't have, and don't intend to find a guild pre-launch.
  • Options

Preferred biome(s):

Get involved in what?

Trying to work out what node or biome type we want to play despite not having nearly enough information to actually make that decision?
  • Options
    Is it really that hard to just go along with the purpose of a thread?
    This massive wall of randomly-capitalised spam when this thread actually has v little to do with guilds.

This thread is precisely for people who don't have, and don't intend to find a guild pre-launch.

I divagated a lot, jeah. :D No denying that.

In my humble Defense (lol) i think from between the 20th of this Month to now - the most Threads were kinda meh and kiiinda a little bit ignored in Purpose.

So envious of People with no chronical Concentration Disorder. They have such an easier Time to follow along. Maybe i am just getting old as well, lol.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 27
    I've kind of developed a system for guilds over the years, first is I don't join groups that just take anyone in as a full time member. not saying they're all like this but most groups that just try to go for numbers tends to be an overall toxic environment with people wanting to do the video game equivalent of climbing the cooperate ladder.

Pick up groups and make friends along the way is the way to go, either make a guild with said friends or look for new friends who are part of the same group and maybe you'll fit into it
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    qtz1tz4aflwh.png
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    blatblat Member

Preferred biome(s):

Get involved in what?

Trying to work out what node or biome type we want to play despite not having nearly enough information to actually make that decision?

Yawn.
  • Options
    Apok wrote: »
    I've kind of developed a system for guilds over the years, first is I don't join groups that just take anyone in as a full time member. not saying they're all like this but most groups that just try to go for numbers tends to be an overall toxic environment with people wanting to do the video game equivalent of climbing the cooperate ladder.

Pick up groups and make friends along the way is the way to go, either make a guild with said friends or look for new friends who are part of the same group and maybe you'll fit into it

Good take on mentioning that. Even in World of WoW-Token Craft,

since a good bunch of Years - about Ten even in total, there is just no Room anymore for most People, to join a Guild which try's to work People to the Bone and put them into a full-time-Job as a Guildmember.

Reallife just comes by whenever it pleases and smacks us right into the Face whenever our Guilds would need us the most. Especially in "Raids" ... ...

To add, since WoW Vanilla already i was never in a Guild which played like all Day long. It was just not possible. We would have to be all unemployed and nothing to do, to meet the Quota or Standart of the No-Lifer Elitist Guilds. :D
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    DripyulaDripyula Member
    edited April 28
    To throw something more random in the mix

When your new Empyrean Empire
    slowly but surely takes shape.

oxb8iyas7nfo.png
    6h4yddoh6t31.jpg
  • Options

Preferred biome(s):

Get involved in what?

Yawn.

Thread summary?
  • Options
    Read thread title as "nude bodies" ... :|

No guild. No plan to join one. Not as opposed in joining one as people think, but if so it will be done "organically" as I play and meet people. But, no, really, don't send me invite right now.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Percimes wrote: »
    But, no, really, don't send me invite right now.
    Instructions unclear, sent an invite already
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    qtz1tz4aflwh.png

Thunder buddies for life.

eeag5gatbeov.gif
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    edited April 28
    Wait, people have guilds already? :sleepy:
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    Wait, people have guilds already? :sleepy:

I bet they would love to. >:)

But how if there is not even something like a Lobby aside from Discord or Teamspeak and so - and even the Testing Servers of Verra are still in a Fantasy-World far, far away ... ... :D
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    blatblat Member
    Percimes wrote: »
    Read thread title as "nude bodies" ... :|

No guild. No plan to join one. Not as opposed in joining one as people think, but if so it will be done "organically" as I play and meet people. But, no, really, don't send me invite right now.

Do people only read the first sentence then mentally auto-complete the rest? :D