Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I want a *SOLID PROMISE* from Intrepid that AoC won't "Jumanji" us, after seeing this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cdBcfLhJVY

This is also why I'll be downloading my copy online, versus buying a copy from an old lady at an estate sale.



«13

Comments

  • Options
    Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    But can they PROVE that it won't happen, hmm?
  • Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cdBcfLhJVY

    This is also why I'll be downloading my copy online, versus buying a copy from an old lady at an estate sale.




    summarize pls
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited May 17
    Depraved wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cdBcfLhJVY

    This is also why I'll be downloading my copy online, versus buying a copy from an old lady at an estate sale.




    summarize pls

    They're at a dinner party, and the host brings out a board-game to play.
    One of them refuses, because she doesn't want to be Jumanjied (sucked into the game-world and forced to complete difficult challenges in order to stay alive.
    They tell her that she's ridiculous, and open the box.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    For some reason, Tyranthraxus doesn't want to be sucked into Verra...!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Depraved wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cdBcfLhJVY

    This is also why I'll be downloading my copy online, versus buying a copy from an old lady at an estate sale.




    summarize pls

    They're at a dinner party, and the host brings out a board-game to play.
    One of them refuses, because she doesn't want to be Jumanjied (sucked into the game-world and forced to complete difficult challenges in order to stay alive.
    They tell her that she's ridiculous, and open the box.


    I know the movie I just didn't know what he meant T_T
  • Options
    ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I thought this was funny but I'm lost as to what the point of this is.... in relation to Ashes
    [img][/img]
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Would you rather they Wayfinder you?
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    For some reason, Tyranthraxus doesn't want to be sucked into Verra...!

    I have no rope, I have no medicine....

    The Army also only trained me on guns and the bayonet; I don't have any training on swords, shields, nor wands (let alone holding books, while fighting).

    Depraved wrote: »
    I know the movie I just didn't know what he meant T_T

    YouTube vid's won't re-direct you from AoC's site, unless you click on the link. It's not a ric-roll.... Though I realize that's often what people promise you, right before you get ric-rolled.

    ShadowVen wrote: »
    I thought this was funny but I'm lost as to what the point of this is.... in relation to Ashes

    Jumanji = Game

    Ashes of Creation = Game

    Possibility of being "Jumanji'd" into AoC = same chances.

    Noaani wrote: »
    Would you rather they Wayfinder you?

    I think those already come with warning-labels.



  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Noaani wrote: »
    Would you rather they Wayfinder you?

    Wayfinder will be a better arpg experience than mmorpg if they put extra work into it and bring it closer to poe / d4. Game didn't feel like a mmorpg anyway was only a destiny area and one open world area where you saw random other players.
  • Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    daveywavey wrote: »
    For some reason, Tyranthraxus doesn't want to be sucked into Verra...!

    I have no rope, I have no medicine....

    The Army also only trained me on guns and the bayonet; I don't have any training on swords, shields, nor wands (let alone holding books, while fighting).

    Depraved wrote: »
    I know the movie I just didn't know what he meant T_T

    YouTube vid's won't re-direct you from AoC's site, unless you click on the link. It's not a ric-roll.... Though I realize that's often what people promise you, right before you get ric-rolled.

    ShadowVen wrote: »
    I thought this was funny but I'm lost as to what the point of this is.... in relation to Ashes

    Jumanji = Game

    Ashes of Creation = Game

    Possibility of being "Jumanji'd" into AoC = same chances.

    Noaani wrote: »
    Would you rather they Wayfinder you?

    I think those already come with warning-labels.




    its ok I could see what type of video it was, I just didn't watch it. but I didn't get it. you mean absorb us into the game? T_T
  • Options
    TyranthraxusTyranthraxus Member
    edited May 18
    Depraved wrote: »
    its ok I could see what type of video it was, I just didn't watch it. but I didn't get it. you mean absorb us into the game? T_T

    ....or it coming out. Robin Williams gets *sucked into* Jumanji, though.

    Nothing in my house makes me prepared to fight a floating, 15-foot 9-eyed Beholder.



  • Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    Depraved wrote: »
    its ok I could see what type of video it was, I just didn't watch it. but I didn't get it. you mean absorb us into the game? T_T

    ....or it coming out. Robin Williams gets *sucked into* Jumanji, though.

    Nothing in my house makes me prepared to fight a floating, 15-foot 9-eyed Beholder.




    oh T__T well if it happens, I hope we get some of verra's magic to fight back ;3
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    Depraved wrote: »
    its ok I could see what type of video it was, I just didn't watch it. but I didn't get it. you mean absorb us into the game? T_T

    ....or it coming out. Robin Williams gets *sucked into* Jumanji, though.

    Nothing in my house makes me prepared to fight a floating, 15-foot 9-eyed Beholder.




    poke him in the eyes
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    Would you rather they Wayfinder you?

    Wayfinder will be a better arpg experience than mmorpg if they put extra work into it and bring it closer to poe / d4. Game didn't feel like a mmorpg anyway was only a destiny area and one open world area where you saw random other players.

    The game may be - but the people that bought in the the game bought in to an MMORPG.

    Ashes would make a better PvE game than PvP. Far better - the PvP aspect of the game is detracting from what actually makes this game great. I would expect you to be upset if Intrepid made that change, despite the fact that you aremaking the argument that it is OK if it makes the game better.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited May 18
    Noaani wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    Would you rather they Wayfinder you?

    Wayfinder will be a better arpg experience than mmorpg if they put extra work into it and bring it closer to poe / d4. Game didn't feel like a mmorpg anyway was only a destiny area and one open world area where you saw random other players.

    The game may be - but the people that bought in the the game bought in to an MMORPG.

    Ashes would make a better PvE game than PvP. Far better - the PvP aspect of the game is detracting from what actually makes this game great. I would expect you to be upset if Intrepid made that change, despite the fact that you aremaking the argument that it is OK if it makes the game better.

    Its also up to people to do research on the game before hand, wayfinder is very minimal in terms of features you would consider for a mmorpg. Like i said the same way destiny calls itself a mmorpg is the same for wayfinder. It is a loose term used for marketing in a market desperate for a mmorpg.

    My argument is if someone bought way finder expecting a true mmorpg did not do their research. As the direction change doesn't really impact your experience to begin with as you play the game. You que random generated dungeons solo or in a small group, before release and after makes no difference in the gameplay experience as its still really the same.

    And this is based on 70 hours on the game so I know all the details and the end game, the atmosphere of player interaction, etc.


    If wayfinder was an actual mmorpg then my statement would be different.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    My argument is if someone bought way finder expecting a true mmorpg did not do their research.

    And my argument is that someone that did do their research would not be happy with what the game is now.

    If you don't believe me, just talk to people that were happy with what the game was.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Noaani wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    My argument is if someone bought way finder expecting a true mmorpg did not do their research.

    And my argument is that someone that did do their research would not be happy with what the game is now.

    If you don't believe me, just talk to people that were happy with what the game was.

    If they did do their research they would have not bought the game cause its a destiny style mmorpg.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    My argument is if someone bought way finder expecting a true mmorpg did not do their research.

    And my argument is that someone that did do their research would not be happy with what the game is now.

    If you don't believe me, just talk to people that were happy with what the game was.

    If they did do their research they would have not bought the game cause its a destiny style mmorpg.

    But if they wanted a Destiny style MMO...
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Noaani wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    My argument is if someone bought way finder expecting a true mmorpg did not do their research.

    And my argument is that someone that did do their research would not be happy with what the game is now.

    If you don't believe me, just talk to people that were happy with what the game was.

    If they did do their research they would have not bought the game cause its a destiny style mmorpg.

    But if they wanted a Destiny style MMO...

    Did they? Cause destiny isn't a mmo (less than 20 people on a instanced inst really mmo) its just a label thrown on to live service games. Since you are playing solo or in qued lobbies pretty sure the entire time (unless you group with friends).
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    My argument is if someone bought way finder expecting a true mmorpg did not do their research.

    And my argument is that someone that did do their research would not be happy with what the game is now.

    If you don't believe me, just talk to people that were happy with what the game was.

    If they did do their research they would have not bought the game cause its a destiny style mmorpg.

    But if they wanted a Destiny style MMO...

    Did they? Cause destiny isn't a mmo (less than 20 people on a instanced inst really mmo) its just a label thrown on to live service games. Since you are playing solo or in qued lobbies pretty sure the entire time (unless you group with friends).

    You are missing the point - probably intentionally as usual.

    People looked in to the game. Some of these people decided it looks like a game they want to play. They paid the developer money to play that game. That is no longer what the game is.

    You don't get to sit there and say "well, it wasn't a proper MMO anyway", because people looked at what the game was, and paid money for that.

    Again, it would be like Ashes switching to a PvE game - what do you mean you didn't expect it? Intrepid have long since stated that they would love to compete with WoW for the top end raiding market (actual statement made).
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited May 19
    Noaani wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    My argument is if someone bought way finder expecting a true mmorpg did not do their research.

    And my argument is that someone that did do their research would not be happy with what the game is now.

    If you don't believe me, just talk to people that were happy with what the game was.

    If they did do their research they would have not bought the game cause its a destiny style mmorpg.

    But if they wanted a Destiny style MMO...

    Did they? Cause destiny isn't a mmo (less than 20 people on a instanced inst really mmo) its just a label thrown on to live service games. Since you are playing solo or in qued lobbies pretty sure the entire time (unless you group with friends).

    You are missing the point - probably intentionally as usual.

    People looked in to the game. Some of these people decided it looks like a game they want to play. They paid the developer money to play that game. That is no longer what the game is.

    You don't get to sit there and say "well, it wasn't a proper MMO anyway", because people looked at what the game was, and paid money for that.

    Again, it would be like Ashes switching to a PvE game - what do you mean you didn't expect it? Intrepid have long since stated that they would love to compete with WoW for the top end raiding market (actual statement made).

    I feel you are missing the point. You keep saying people did their research but if they did they know full well the gameplay loop doesn't change because its not actually a mmorpg. That is not how the game play, and there is really no change except for worse monetization and longer grinding, and a worse loot system.

    The game is literarily the same thing, there is no evidence they were going to create a giant open world with hundreds of people on it doing quest in the same area. The game was arpg to begin with mmorpg thrown on it. The most you can say their marketing was on the same level as people that say destiny is a mmorpg and not exactly true.

    Gameplay is out there, people like me played the alpha there was really no surprises as it was very clear on what to expect. The same way before how you can group with people is still a fact in the changes they are making. You can still invite your friends and group up.

    Did you even play wayfinder, looking at the game it is obvious its not a proper mmorpg. You are making a argument as if the perspective of someone that didn't know anything about the game and heard it was called a mmorpg (aka did 0 research).

    Having a lobby with less than 20 people walking around a small map with that being like less that 10% of the content you run as well isn't really a mmo (meaning before pre mid game there is no reason to do content there, so no reason for people to be there).

    The proper example would be AoC switches to a pvp game and everything stays the same. Because that pretty much is wayfinder with the content you are running, nothing changes.
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited May 19
    daveywavey wrote: »
    For some reason, Tyranthraxus doesn't want to be sucked into Verra...!

    It is kinda baffling that when Someone more or less does a decent Job informing oneself about the World of Verra for a few Months,

    and has a good Impression and hunch what the Game will be like - > to add since quite a few Years already,

    that suddenly there still come Topics popping up that seem like Someone wants a somewhat or entirely different Game in the End. While in fact everyone kiiiiinnnda knows what the People are getting when Ashes finally releases.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    I feel you are missing the point. You keep saying people did their research but if they did they know full well the gameplay loop doesn't change because its not actually a mmorpg.

    And I feel you are missing the point - those that did their research bought in to the game as it was, and that is not what the game is now.

    What definition you want to give the game doesn't matter. What aspects of the game you think are the same doesn't matter.
    Did you even play wayfinder, looking at the game it is obvious its not a proper mmorpg.
    I really don't get why you think this is important.

    If a game was marketed as an RTS, but when it released the developers decided to make it a FPS, would your defense of them be that " its not a proper mmorpg"?

    I would hope not, even you wouldn't make that argument.

    Yes, Wayfinder wasn't a "proper" MMORPG, it was an MMOlite. Now it is not an MMOlite, it is a single player RPG with co-op.
    The proper example would be AoC switches to a pvp game and everything stays the same. Because that pretty much is wayfinder with the content you are running, nothing changes.
    No, because Ashes as a PvP only game simply doesn't work. The game literally wouldn't function.

    Ashes as a PvE only game does.
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    Jumanji = Game

    Ashes of Creation = Game

    Possibility of being "Jumanji'd" into AoC = same chances.

    There would be no way to RMT anymore.
    No multi-boxing either!
    Just touch the portal.
  • Options
    ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Tyranthraxus

    Yeah I was well aware of the meaning of the video and understood the meaning overall. I just didnt know you were a jumanji believer. So don't play any board games or table tops ;P
    This aint gonna be a SAO moment
    When i gateway into Verrra, ill be logging out at some point. If you're stuck in there just guard our stuff and talk with NPC's, you never know they may say something different to you after speaking with them 1000 times.
    [img][/img]
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Well, if we get Jumanji’d maybe we’ll have a chance to meet Robin, and say thank you.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Noaani wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    I feel you are missing the point. You keep saying people did their research but if they did they know full well the gameplay loop doesn't change because its not actually a mmorpg.

    And I feel you are missing the point - those that did their research bought in to the game as it was, and that is not what the game is now.

    What definition you want to give the game doesn't matter. What aspects of the game you think are the same doesn't matter.
    Did you even play wayfinder, looking at the game it is obvious its not a proper mmorpg.
    I really don't get why you think this is important.

    If a game was marketed as an RTS, but when it released the developers decided to make it a FPS, would your defense of them be that " its not a proper mmorpg"?

    I would hope not, even you wouldn't make that argument.

    Yes, Wayfinder wasn't a "proper" MMORPG, it was an MMOlite. Now it is not an MMOlite, it is a single player RPG with co-op.
    The proper example would be AoC switches to a pvp game and everything stays the same. Because that pretty much is wayfinder with the content you are running, nothing changes.
    No, because Ashes as a PvP only game simply doesn't work. The game literally wouldn't function.

    Ashes as a PvE only game does.

    I don understand how many times i have to say things you are trying to say the game is different, with the direction there going the gameplay loop is literally the same. QUE a dungeon go in the dungeon and fight mobs.

    Again you clearly have NOT played the game that is why you do not understand. Even saying the game was mmolite is stretching. Almost every element of the complete game is the same as a single player - coop game. The game was already like that before to begin with this is why i keep telling you nothing has changed. You seriously don't understand mmo elements of the game were non existent. Or you better start calling any game with a lobby a mmorpg, and why not stretch that to text lobbies as well now to.

    The only argument you can make is random people will not join your game, which that didn't happen very often to begin with.


    Its like you read what im saying but you change the context of it even though i typed the words to fit your narrative. Im going to repeat.

    This is the same as AoC becoming a PvP game but everything on the game STAYING THE EXACT SAME as it was. That includes PvE mobs around and all the elements of the content.

    Aoc as a pve game doesn't work the point is pvp changes the world. It being pve only is a actual change as it affects gamepaly loops, AKA WAYfinder isn't actually changing the base content loop you are doing in the game. You start a dungeon and run it.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Like you must be down bad if you arguing wayfinder right now without understanding the game.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited May 19
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Again you clearly have NOT played the game that is why you do not understand. Even saying the game was mmolite is stretching. Almost every element of the complete game is the same as a single player - coop game.

    Fact is, they have taken the game off the market for now in order to not sell it to people expecting the game as it was.

    If you think the game is the same, yet they think it is different enough to stop making money from it for now, then all that means is that you are wrong.

    Argue all you like.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Noaani wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Again you clearly have NOT played the game that is why you do not understand. Even saying the game was mmolite is stretching. Almost every element of the complete game is the same as a single player - coop game.

    Fact is, they have taken the game off the market for now in order to not sell it to people expecting the game as it was.

    If you think the game is the same, yet they think it is different enough to stop making money from it for now, then all that means is that you are wrong.

    Argue all you like.

    Tons of context needs to be taken in with that, like the fact they are wiping all progress and such. It would make no sense for people to be buying it with the changes that will be going on. The MAIN point I'm getting across is the core of the game is the same. IE you run randomly generated dungeons usually solo or with friends.

    And they were not making money, else the game would have kept going no one was playing it. They are trying to do the smart thing and reboot and remarket it. The changes they are doing is increasing the ARPG element of the game (based on what they were saying). Rather than find mats and craft stuff you are going to kill things and be able to grind gear and stats like that (is my assumption based on them saying more arpg).

    Why do you think they are doing this direction to begin with, because again that is literally what the game was, the elements were just weaker. Because the publisher would have wanted to monetarize off longer weapon progressions to get people to buy weapon over make them.

    The only argument you can make is in the future it could have been designed as more of a mmorpg. But if you did your RESEARCH mmo features were almost non existent in the game from launch til now.

    TL;DR Core of the game is not changing and remaining the same( run instanced dungeons no open world interaction pass low levels), what is changing is the gearing system being more closer to a ARPG over a bad monetization model.
Sign In or Register to comment.