Which DPS class do you think will have the most CC?

CrolnowCrolnow Member
edited August 7 in General Discussion
The classes are not close to being ready but we have the direction where they are going, which dps should have the most stuns and paralyzing effects? My opinion rogue/fighter. Rogues need be able to spec for CC effects but losing some explosive damage.

Comments

• Rogue/rogue
  • KilionKilion Member
    My money is on Fighter.of all the damage classes (Rouge, Ranger, Fighter, Mage, Summoner) they have the lowest damage range paired with medium mobilty (charge and nothing else it seems) and no escape mechanics. That means to me they will compensate that either through explosive damage, sustain or CC to ensure they can actually unlock as much of their damage potential as possible. Rouges probably have soft CC and escape abilities with a bit higher mobility than Fighters.

That's my feeling for now.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • CrolnowCrolnow Member
    Kilion wrote: »
    My money is on Fighter.of all the damage classes (Rouge, Ranger, Fighter, Mage, Summoner) they have the lowest damage range paired with medium mobilty (charge and nothing else it seems) and no escape mechanics. That means to me they will compensate that either through explosive damage, sustain or CC to ensure they can actually unlock as much of their damage potential as possible. Rouges probably have soft CC and escape abilities with a bit higher mobility than Fighters.

That's my feeling for now.
    The fighter already has two close gaps, one of which does not require a target and can climb terrain, its a good mobility tbh
  • P0GG0P0GG0 Member
    the Tank i hope:)
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Depends on which Augments an individual chooses.
  • AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 7
    Dygz wrote: »
    Depends on which Augments an individual chooses.

Translation... "Intrepid has not shared info on Augments, so I will use that as a thing in every single instance I can to "call them out" for it."

Well done. This Bud Light is for you.
  • IskiabIskiab Member
    Bard.
  • CrolnowCrolnow Member
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Bard.

Bard isnt a dps
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I reckon Ranger/Fighter (Hunter I believe).
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • CrolnowCrolnow Member
    Songcaller wrote: »
    I reckon Ranger/Fighter (Hunter I believe).

Ranger will probably have the biggest DPS in game and the second most agile spec, also have a lot of area skills, i doubt he will have a lot of CC's. fighter yes, maybe
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 8
    Well, I have banked on cc from other social organisations, military nodes, secondary class. In my mind you can build whatever you want but whether it is viable is another matter.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • DolyemDolyem Member
    Which do I think should have the most? Tank

Which one do I think will likely have the most? Either Mage or Ranger
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • HalaeHalae Member
    Dolyem wrote: »

Sure, but they're not talking about which class in general. We know that, per Steven, Tanks have the highest amount of CC because that's a core part of their role in AoC (presumably so that it's their role in PvP, since tanks are a little useless when they can't disrupt enemy players).

Cleric, Bard, Tank, and Summoner probably shouldn't enter into this discussion, since it's about DPS classes. The ones I mentioned are healer, support, tank, and jack-of-all-trades respectively.
  • DolyemDolyem Member
    Halae wrote: »

Sure, but they're not talking about which class in general. We know that, per Steven, Tanks have the highest amount of CC because that's a core part of their role in AoC (presumably so that it's their role in PvP, since tanks are a little useless when they can't disrupt enemy players).

Cleric, Bard, Tank, and Summoner probably shouldn't enter into this discussion, since it's about DPS classes. The ones I mentioned are healer, support, tank, and jack-of-all-trades respectively.

I didnt even see the dps part honestly lmao. But either way I think itd still be mage or ranger. The only reason I dont think rogue will have the most CC is because they have already been stated to be the most mobile class.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • HalaeHalae Member
    I didnt even see the dps part honestly lmao. But either way I think itd still be mage or ranger. The only reason I dont think rogue will have the most CC is because they have already been stated to be the most mobile class.
    As good a reason as any. Rangers feel like they're supposed to stay mobile and prevent people from reaching them, and rogues feel like a hit-and-run class from what we understand so far. That basically just leaves mage and fighter, and while we know that mages get a freezing debuff they can apply, their elemental damage focus and teleportation didn't lend itself particularly well to shutting enemies down outright.

So yeah, I'm guessing fighter'll be it.
  • DolyemDolyem Member
    As good a reason as any. Rangers feel like they're supposed to stay mobile and prevent people from reaching them, and rogues feel like a hit-and-run class from what we understand so far. That basically just leaves mage and fighter, and while we know that mages get a freezing debuff they can apply, their elemental damage focus and teleportation didn't lend itself particularly well to shutting enemies down outright.

The only reason I dont think fighter will be the top CC DPS is due to its closers. It feels like its meant to catch things, not necessarily keep them still.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • CrolnowCrolnow Member

I tend to agree with you, i thought about rogue cause they usually are full of single target CC to delete one people and run away, as a mentioned in other comments the ranger is the second most agile spec with a ton of area DPS and maybe the higher dps in game. But yes, fighter can be more likely
  • DolyemDolyem Member
    Crolnow wrote: »

I tend to agree with you, i thought about rogue cause they usually are full of single target CC to delete one people and run away, as a mentioned in other comments the ranger is the second most agile spec with a ton of area DPS and maybe the higher dps in game. But yes, fighter can be more likely

Are rangers the 2nd most mobile? I dont remember seeing that anywhere. All I remember is Steven saying rangers mobility is focused on distancing and creating gaps while fighters are intended to have many gap closer abilities
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • CrolnowCrolnow Member

Are rangers the 2nd most mobile? I dont remember seeing that anywhere. All I remember is Steven saying rangers mobility is focused on distancing and creating gaps while fighters are intended to have many gap closer abilities

Yes, he mentioned it, said only the rogue is more agile. i can search it later and see in wich live it was said
  • DolyemDolyem Member

Yes, he mentioned it, said only the rogue is more agile. i can search it later and see in wich live it was said

I'd appreciate that, thank you
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • CrolnowCrolnow Member

Ranger showcase: https://youtu.be/Sp4H9XdKHao?t=1220 minute 20:20
  • DolyemDolyem Member
    edited August 8

Perfect! Thank you for that. I will say that definitely knocks ranger off my prediction for top CC DPS. So my guess is going to be mage, specifically frost of course.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • CrolnowCrolnow Member

Perfect! Thank you for that. I will say that definitely knocks ranger off my prediction for top CC DPS. So my guess is going to be mage, specifically frost of course.

Yes, mages are a option since they will have a more limited agility but lets see what they willl show to us in the next specs (Ice mage more likely)
  • Mages are the most likely
    All magic types for mages can have control to some degree thematically (fire the least)
    Earth, arcane, and lightning magic thematically could be great for control
    Frost is already good at control

Rogues are possible, many existing types of rogues have good control

Rangers are likely be designed to kite melee which often involves control

Fighters seem the least likely, due to fighters often having strong mobility, defense, and damage
  • Rogue would be the correct, the game don't have a big variety of Control damage dealers at the moment
  • Single target rogue

Multi target mage or summoner.

I put summoner because they are able to take up the dps role. They are not just a jack of all trades. They can change to be different roles and no one said that made them worse at those roles. Not yet anyway
    8vf24h7y7lio.jpg
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • GithalGithal Member
    edited August 8
    For sure the Summoner must be the class with most CC of them all. As a jack of all trades he will have less dps than dps's, or less healing from cleric, cant tank like a tank. Wont be a mass buffer like the Bard.
    Sathrago wrote: »
    Single target rogue

I put summoner because they are able to take up the dps role. They are not just a jack of all trades. They can change to be different roles and no one said that made them worse at those roles. Not yet anyway

It is confirmed from the Wiki that summoner cant be the Main tank or heal of the group. Also his dps will be lower than the other dps classes.

So he should be the class that dedicates the tides of the battle with cc and with assisting with tank/dps/heal/support wherever and whenever its needed,

Also just personal opinion, but I really dont like rogues like in WOW. I think the rogue play style should be completely different from stunlocking 1 target than run away.
  • CrolnowCrolnow Member
    Single target rogue

Agree
  • CrolnowCrolnow Member
    Githal wrote: »
    For sure the Summoner must be the class with most CC of them all. As a jack of all trades he will have less dps than dps's, or less healing from cleric, cant tank like a tank. Wont be a mass buffer like the Bard.
    Single target rogue

It is confirmed from the Wiki that summoner cant be the Main tank or heal of the group. Also his dps will be lower than the other dps classes.

So he should be the class that dedicates the tides of the battle with cc and with assisting with tank/dps/heal/support wherever and whenever its needed,

Also just personal opinion, but I really dont like rogues like in WOW. I think the rogue play style should be completely different from stunlocking 1 target than run away.

This gameplay is better than the whole rogue spec be around the stealth mechanic. (As a rogue player)
  • GithalGithal Member
    Githal wrote: »
    Single target rogue

This gameplay is better than the whole rogue spec be around the stealth mechanic. (As a rogue player)

They are connected. Take for example WoW. Rogue stun locks 1 target. Than rogue goes invis. stay invisible for 1 min till his cd reset. And since the enemy cds are 2 min. the rogue has free kill with his cds vs target with no cds left after the first engagment. So as conclusion the rogue play style is stuns + staying invis for 40 seconds. Most lame thing ever :D.