Comments

• iccericcer Member
    daveywavey wrote: »
    iccer wrote: »
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    iccer wrote: »
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    RonDog98 wrote: »
    What it doesn’t have to reloaded? It has an infinite magic power source just like the wand. It would shoot energy based projectiles! And would fit right in to arcane engineering.

Lore wise, whats the advantage? Why would a culture make one? When everyone has access to magic?

Tbf you could always make something up.

Let's say, magic doesn't work in water, or has lower effective range that it can be used at. I mean, if they ever do want to add stuff like that in the future, it's possible to "adjust" the lore.

I'm assuming we will have cannons for naval combat, so having pistols isn't too far off.

Sure, forget just hand guns. Lets make magic machine guns, AR14, Rocket launchers and grenade launchers that all shoot magic ammo. Lore and the asteictics of the world you are trying to make matters. You want that type of game play, there is games that do that. Why make Ashes into a different game?

Bruh. I never suggested that I want to add this, or have gone nearly as far as you went with your example.

I just pointed out, that it's not so impossible to add, if they ever decide to do so, because you can always make up lore.

Also, to be clear, I don't want these added.

People just need to read, and stop assuming things, but it seems impossible on these forums.

I think it was the "cannon" part in your message.

"Ship weapons can damage both players and structures.[4]
    Damage done by ship weapons such as potion launchers will generate threat.[5]
    "
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Naval_combat

Which would be wild, as... we know those will exist in the game, so I'm not suggesting anything new.

Naval combat will be a key part of this game I feel like.

Maybe it's wrong to call them cannons in this case, since they won't be your traditional gunpowder cannons, but you will rather shoot potions and magic elements.

• GithalGithal Member
    The problem with the pistols i see is that if you mask Wand with a skin of pistol - it will be hard to distinguish what weapon the enemy uses at first sight. Which is not something which should happen.
    And no you cant assume that it will be general knowledge that pistols are wands, because if this is the way the game takes - then there will be many different weapon skins that change the weapon completely. So now you have to memorize 30 skins, to which actual weapon they represent.
  • arkileoarkileo Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I'm fully in favor of blackpowder weapons. Believe it or not, there was a time in history when sword, pikes, armor, and blackpowder were all simultaneously present on the battlefield, so I don't see it as especially fantasy breaking.

xziu2n5u1uss.jpg

I'd even be in favor of firearms without blackpowder. Make them a product of arcane engineering. Imagine a pistol that fires firebolts instead of lead.7a5sl1s4ez70.jpg
  • arkileo wrote: »
    I'm fully in favor of blackpowder weapons. Believe it or not, there was a time in history when sword, pikes, armor, and blackpowder were all simultaneously present on the battlefield, so I don't see it as especially fantasy breaking.

xziu2n5u1uss.jpg

I'd even be in favor of firearms without blackpowder. Make them a product of arcane engineering. Imagine a pistol that fires firebolts instead of lead.7a5sl1s4ez70.jpg
    arkileo wrote: »

xziu2n5u1uss.jpg

arkileo wrote: »

xziu2n5u1uss.jpg

I fucking love this guy!
  • NaibresNaibres Member
    edited August 31
    Would you settle for a Cross-Bow Pirate? Personally i do not like guns in my medieval fantasy mmos :D ALSO Pirates did exist before gunpowder weapons. :P
    Lineage 2 • Guild Wars • Guild Wars 2 • World of Warcraft • Elder Scrolls Online