Kill the bots/gold farmers

nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
edited September 9 in General Discussion
What I am asking is that by some type of reporting system that auto checks with IS great data tools to work together. To turn off the flagging system on bots. Once the system uses these two bits of info their name plate would turn to a color that lets us know it really is a bot, so we can kill them with no corruption. IS, pls help us, help you, help us! lol Would anyone else enjoy this? This would lets us take their lot and set them back to 0 on their farming runs.

Comments

• The fact that I was wondering if this thread was needed, then realized it is.

Agreed there's too much power tied up in gold, and being able to buy gold is equivalent to buying power.
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    I feel like this would just turn into an alternate method of gathering that's easier to get away with?

Like, a bot farm would send out a bot to a remote area, a player wanders that same area, pretends to not see the bot, but kills other people who might attack the bot whenever they see them...

Then occasionally kills the bot, with no corruption, and acts like they're good for the community.

If IS 'knows' a character is a bot, they can just put the character in some timeout/jail. Sure, it doesn't fix the locust problem, but this just seems like it would lead to more issues than would be worth it.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    edited September 9
    Azherae wrote: »
    I feel like this would just turn into an alternate method of gathering that's easier to get away with?

Like, a bot farm would send out a bot to a remote area, a player wanders that same area, pretends to not see the bot, but kills other people who might attack the bot whenever they see them...

Then occasionally kills the bot, with no corruption, and acts like they're good for the community.

If IS 'knows' a character is a bot, they can just put the character in some timeout/jail. Sure, it doesn't fix the locust problem, but this just seems like it would lead to more issues than would be worth it.

I have thought of this and there is a second reason requesting it is because as items are overly farmed, that resourced in throttled by the game itself. Just deleting the bot would remove that resource and we would be left with the throttle. IMO this would not be negative that people would be looking for and killing bots.
  • ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    I see people harassing others by reporting their name, you think this wont get abused?
  • PhamPham Member, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    I sense that RMT will be a blight on this game. This discussion has been had many times in many places including these forums and the discord as well. I don't know what the right answer is. It seems like you will either end up with a system that is open to abuse, or draconian lock-downs on features that will adversely affect legitimate users.
    "Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes." - Ephesians 6:11
  • KreedKreed Member, Alpha One, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    edited September 10
    Active GM's looking for Bots and gold sellers is the only solution. Make it gruesome, when caught , teleport them into jail cages or public area cages from Medevil times while being investgated . Make it so that when they are logged in that they are stuck in the cage and their accounts are frozen unable to communicate.

Keep their account active so it can be continously billed until they cancel the payments themselves then ban their IP addresses permanatly. Make it so they are stuck and everyone can use them for target practise.... A small arena that the bot gets stuck in after being teleported.....after all the bots are usually left un manned for a number of hours so might as well use that against them...
  • SrixunSrixun Member, Alpha Two
    There is a simple way to fix it.

Not by policing in game, but you would police out of game.

heres what I mean:
    Intrepid has a "goldfarmer finder" operation that the GM's do.
    The idea is to have them buy gold from gold sellers, then track where that gold came from, and you can track it up to the top. Then sweeping bans for those people.

having players do this is not a good idea.
    GM's Staff should be the ones doing this.

tbh, this is the only way. Anyone saying "Other games like Wow and Eve..." with thier in game time purchasing mechanism, RMT still heavily exists on those. it doesnt work at all. doesnt even slow the machine down.

You have to find the path that the gold is coming from or the items they use, or track ridiculous sales on the AH, and follow the path from where it started. Track up the tree.

Youll never stop all RMT, however. Just like with cybersecurity. Your job is to make it as inconvenient as possible.
  • KreedKreed Member, Alpha One, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    Srixun wrote: »
    There is a simple way to fix it.

Not by policing in game, but you would police out of game.

heres what I mean:
    Intrepid has a "goldfarmer finder" operation that the GM's do.
    The idea is to have them buy gold from gold sellers, then track where that gold came from, and you can track it up to the top. Then sweeping bans for those people.

having players do this is not a good idea.
    GM's Staff should be the ones doing this.

tbh, this is the only way. Anyone saying "Other games like Wow and Eve..." with thier in game time purchasing mechanism, RMT still heavily exists on those. it doesnt work at all. doesnt even slow the machine down.

You have to find the path that the gold is coming from or the items they use, or track ridiculous sales on the AH, and follow the path from where it started. Track up the tree.

Youll never stop all RMT, however. Just like with cybersecurity. Your job is to make it as inconvenient as possible.

I agree on t he Gold seller points on buying gold and how to prevent. Be mindful some gold sellers will try to mess with the process and bait random innocent players by sending them gold making the GM's believe that they are part of the scam.

As for Bots, you will still need to have Players report bots when they come across them. So GM's can come and investigate to confirm. Although Ashes Of Creation may have less of these mainly because its not a free subscription you will still have some regardless.

In several games I have played I made it part of my game play while exploring or grinding to hunt Bots and I am got really good at it. Couple of the games I excelled at it and was able to work with some GM's to help identify botting accounts. As sophisticated as they are getting like being able to run dungeons and resource search and identify they still have certain behaviors.

Depending on the program sometimes you can mess with them and bump them out of the pattern and cause them to suicide repeatedly or waste their time doing nothing but be unsuccessful.
  • if monster some parts are go to the same bags as gatherables that could increasing vornability of the bots on there death
  • Apok wrote: »
    I see people harassing others by reporting their name, you think this wont get abused?

Definitely!
    The Immortals
    • We Lived a Thousand Lives, United we Stand.
    • Recruitment
  • CaerylCaeryl Member, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    The only way to deal with bot trains is to have active GMs within the game that will come investigate tickets. Purely out of game systems won’t solve the immediate issue, and catching the account in the act means more than any number of reports (because those absolutely would be abused)
  • PhamPham Member, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    Apok wrote: »

Yup. See: New World, early days
    "Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes." - Ephesians 6:11
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member, Alpha Two
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    To turn off the flagging system on bots.

Once the system uses these two bits of info their name plate would turn to a color that lets us know it really is a bot, so we can kill them with no corruption.

Would anyone else enjoy this?

YEEEEEEEEEEEES !!! >:) . :mrgreen:

This would lets us take their lot and set them back to 0 on their farming runs.

I would see this as a nice Bonus.

But my Main Motivation to seek and kill these Bots is that i hold THE MOTHER OF ALL GRUDGES against Bots. Words are nigh not enough to describe how much these things were going on my Nerves during WoW Vanilla and sometimes later in WoW.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • If we did see these bot flags what if we only go like a certain percentage of what they farmed and then another percentage went to help fund the node you are a citizen of. Helps the you out and helps the node out, directly fighting the scumminess of the gold botting.
  • YohYoh Member
    Developers have tools to detect bots, it's not difficult. Sure, report them.
    But I think one of the better ways to deal with them is to troll them. To have the bots become flagged as corrupted, without the user being aware. Right up until players kill that poor bot, repeatedly, all day every day.

This is one of the few games where you as a player can actually do something about bots. The devs should work with players against our common foe. If you waste enough time and money of gold sellers, to where they just can't turn a profit, they will go somewhere else.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha Two
    Azherae wrote: »

IMO, if a character is known to be a farmer, the best thing to do is not to ban the account, or lock up the character. Doing either of these will just see that farmer make another character on another account.

To me, the best thing to do is to alter the RNG for this character - slowly over time.

This will make it so mobs are harder to kill, and resources are scarcer. The person running the character won't know this for a while and so will find themselves operating significantly less effectively than they would have expected.

Sure, they will still eventually notice and buy a new account, but that time they spend bringing in less money will actually hurt.
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member, Alpha Two
    I'm quite happy to force the cheats to have to buy extra accounts. They may as well have to pay for the GM service that's dedicated to stopping them.

If IS knows for sure that an account is a cheat, they should just remove them. If the botting gets so bad that it's affecting resource spawns, IS can deal with that at their end by altering the resource spawns. We shouldn't have to keep bots in the game in order to play it.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • KilionKilion Member, Alpha Two
    To turn off the flagging system on bots. (...)Would anyone else enjoy this? This would lets us take their lot and set them back to 0 on their farming runs.

No, that would be giving them a place in the game loop, but they have NO place in it. They should be banned outright with no traces left.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • NesekmeNesekme Member
    edited September 11
    Yoh wrote: »
    Developers have tools to detect bots, it's not difficult. Sure, report them.
    But I think one of the better ways to deal with them is to troll them. To have the bots become flagged as corrupted, without the user being aware. Right up until players kill that poor bot, repeatedly, all day every day.

This is one of the few games where you as a player can actually do something about bots. The devs should work with players against our common foe. If you waste enough time and money of gold sellers, to where they just can't turn a profit, they will go somewhere else.

It would be fun that if bot is flagged by the GM's they would be entered to the bounty list for the people who are hunting corrupted in that way most players wouldt know they killing bots and boters wouldt know why they are killed so much soit would be harder to counter too

as i think bounty hunters can track people some how, if im not mistaken
  • NesekmeNesekme Member
    edited September 11
    didn't find edit buton fast enath