Food and Food Buffs

2»

Comments

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha Two
    P0GG0 wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    pre buffing is just a silly mechanic. takes 0 thought process or skill.

If it is a purchased or player crafted buff, it is a way of bringing your economic activity in to a fight, giving those that are good in that area a slight advantage.

This is a good thing.

It isn't supposed to take skill to activate a buff, it is supposed to be a representation of the non-combat aspects of your gameplay.

we already have like 15 slots of gear the economy does not need this. and no pre buffing is just boring af.

Those gear slots more represent our prowess in PvE content as they do in the economic side of things. Player crafted consumable buffs are purely about the economic side of things. You could be killing the hardest encounters in the game, but if you aren't good enough at the economic aspects of the game, you aren't running consumable buffs.

Also, if a game is designed in a way where it is possible to get bored pre-buffing, that is just poor game design.
  • edited September 22
    Sorry I mistead, I thought you said "will you kill mobs" not "will you kill non-humanoid mobs". Brainlet.
    k06ntelshhej.png
    Blackrock Guard
    Guild Forum Post
  • OtrOtr Member, Alpha Two
    Do they have ice cream on Verra?
  • nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    Fact in in real life a plant based diet you miss out on different types on nutrition. My grandmother from not eating meat her whole life, she became B12 deficients and later in her life she had to get injections every single month because of it. You don't get creatine and other things that you need to be able to have a well rounded diet.

Why would benefits you would get from a meat diet give you the same as a vegetarian meal in a game? That's not how it works in RL as well. Eating a food that has meat in game dose not hurt any living being.

I mainly eat a keto diet and I know before I get into a weightlifting session I need to eat some carbs or else I'm not going to have the energy to complete my workout. This OP makes no sense.
    Small P. S. Vegans and vegetarians should look at how many animals need to be killed to be able to grow the beans to make tofu. You kill less Animals by just eating meat.
  • DepravedDepraved Member, Alpha Two
    Will there be vegetarian and vegan food for the vegetarian and vegan community?

Buffs:
    A lot of MMOs center cooking around meat being the main source of protein with each type of meat when prepared in many different ways give different stat bonuses. It would deter a lot of players from wanting to take up cooking or eating specific foods for specific buffs which could be important. Which sequentially would prevent players from being welcomed in a party because min/maxers wouldn't allow unbuffed players.

Fantasy and Immersion:
    Plant based cooking would allow players to insert themselves in the game and help others roleplay elves, druidic classes, hunters, Chefs, perhaps even priests who wouldn't want to harm natural animals.

Stats Bonuses:
    Hypothetically, for every +10 str. stated meat dish could have a +10 str. stat bean/lentil dish.

Meat dish: Meat, Beans, Potatoes, Magical bug legs (or w/e)
    Vegetarian dish: Lentils, Magical flowers, Nuts, Kale.

Anyway, Thanks for reading. I really hope to be able to place myself in the game entirely, as well as probably others. My wife and I unfortunately never pick up fishing or cooking unless it's to feed our pet in World of Warcraft Classic and we both love cooking in our home.

bruh a vegan dish will NEVEr give as much str as meat :D
    anyways, you are eating pixels, not real food..or rather, your character is xD
  • DepravedDepraved Member, Alpha Two
    pre buffing is just a silly mechanic. takes 0 thought process or skill.

lol no. depends on the game. wow buffs, no. l2 buffs yes (pre GoD)
  • BhootamBhootam Member, Alpha Two
    Will there be vegetarian and vegan food for the vegetarian and vegan community?

You want the in-game food buffs to come from in-game vegan sources to the extent that you are not forced to eat in-game meat. But do you realise that in this game you'll be killing a lot of wildlife? How does that square with veganism? Either set your real-world principles about veganism aside in a game that will encompass everything from necromancy to animal taming to skinning and tanning while continuous brutal violence towards animals is everywhere .... or find a game that would suit you better in this regard? Have you considered chess?
  • RocketFarmerRocketFarmer Member, Alpha Two
    <sarcasm font> Probably be a while on veganism since all that animation work required for pit hair. <\sarcasm font>
    <sarcasm font> Probably be a while on veganism since all that animation work required for pit hair. <\sarcasm font>

I was more thinking about all the emotes they would need to have for the required different ways of telling everyone around you that you are a vegan.
  • OceanSunwindOceanSunwind Member, Alpha Two
    I get that there are a lot of you are small, and that's ok. It keeps life spicy when our planet has people of all backgrounds at different levels of consciousness. I guess I can try to educate? hopefully some of you are comprehension skills and then maybe would help me advocate for vegetarian/vegan cooking in Ashes of Creation.

1. Someone who eats vegetables and only vegetables does not have to be pacifist. Some are, others aren't. I personally Example: In an MMORPG, thinning out a population of predators helps maintain the food cycle in specific biomes. Killing animals for pelts and such that help people survive harsh winters. So long as there is purpose with good intentions and I am not forced to eat it, fine.

2. Someone who eats only vegetables can be stronger than someone who eats meat. (see vegan Olympians.
    I'm also quite certain a majority of you balding neckbeards couldn't run a mile without getting a stich in your side or stopping many times because you don't know how to breathe.)

3. Eating vegetables and only vegetables is not a political movement. By that ideology, I fear for those of you who think so black and white when you find out that same sex marriage will most likely and hopefully be in the game.. OR! when you learn that taxes are in the game BUM BUM BUMMMMMMMM :o . Anyway.. It is a food preference. Like how some of you don't eat your greens and live off only chicky tendies and mac and cheese. Which is fine, do that, please. Freedom is great.

4. Will I kill animals even though I eat only vegetables? I personally will weigh the value or quests. Example: If a Village NPC is going through a hard time and is suffering emotionally or physically and needs meat to eat, fur to clothe, bones to sharpen, etc.. and I sympathize? sure. If certain conditions are met, yeah, no problem. Otherwise I'll skip the quest and call it Darwinism. Humans are no better than nature. Nature has intrinsic value as to where humanity has none. We could all cease to exist and the world would keep spinning as to where if every animal ceased to exist the planet we know would come to a halt and that is just fact. With that in mind, sure, the humanoid npcs can "suffer" :wink:

Great thing about being an omnivore is that we can choose what we eat. I am only asking that in game, players like myself can have fun gathering, cooking, and receiving "strong" buffs and healing in a magical world like those of you who like to gather, cook, and eat fish, cows, and pigs.

Much love (not being sarcastic) from your vegetarian gamer.
    I get that there are a lot of you are small, and that's ok.
    I'm going to address your points one by one.

1, it's good you agree that you don't need to be a pacifist to eat only vegetables. Veganism as a diet is responsible for more dead souls per person than a regular omnivore diet is, so it would be hypocritical of a vegan or vegatarian to say they are saving lives or some such.

For those uninformed, this is because most crops that meatless diets rely on in order for the person to survive require entire areas around fields (not just the fields themselves) to have all pests eliminated - it is something like 1 life ended per 60g of plant based protein. This is in contrast to beef, where those pests are left to live their best life, and an average cow produces around 100kg of protein for one life.

2, can be, sure. However, if you graph out the average strengths, omnivores will be stronger.

3, it really is, especially when you are pushing it on others, or asking game development to be altered to suit a real life preference.

4, I'm unsure how Darwinism applies in a game world that will simply spawn more of the animal you are chosing to not kill for 'reasons'.

Actually, I do. Darwinism is obviously survival of the fittest, and if you are deciding to not run quests for the above reasons, then you are proving to be less fit than the rest, and at the same time are progressing slower due to being selective about content.

As to your final point, as I said earlier in this thread, the issue is in relation to game systems. A buff that requires farming, cooking and animal husbandry should always be stronger than a buff that only requires farming and cooking.

There are no other reasons, just that one reason - but that one reason is more than enough.
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member, Alpha Two
    Otr wrote: »
    Do they have ice cream on Verra?

Has some already mentioned the Pineapple Pizza ? 😏 😆
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • I get the idea, but I think it’d be kinda tricky to pull off without messing things up. Look at Black Desert Online it has a ton of food, but most of the buffs are tied to meat-based dishes. Trying to add veggie/vegan versions with the same stats could just make the cooking system more complicated than it needs to be.

Balancing that would be a nightmare, and people might just stick to the simpler options. I think keeping the cooking straightforward is the way to go, even though the roleplaying aspect of plant-based cooking sounds cool.
    edited October 1
    I do think veggie dishes have a place but should reflect what they do in real life. Hearty veggie stew. You get a Sta regen. As lots of veggies gives crabs that equal energy. IMO that makes more sense.
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    I do think veggie dishes have a place but should reflect what they do in real life. Hearty veggie stew. You get a Sta regen. As lots of veggies gives crabs that equal energy. IMO that makes more sense.

Oh, I agree, there should be food items that only use farming and cooking, and others that only use animal husbandry and cooking - these should just have lesser buffs than food items that use both.
  • nanfoodle wrote: »
    Fact in in real life a plant based diet you miss out on different types on nutrition. My grandmother from not eating meat her whole life, she became B12 deficients and later in her life she had to get injections every single month because of it. You don't get creatine and other things that you need to be able to have a well rounded diet.

Why would benefits you would get from a meat diet give you the same as a vegetarian meal in a game? That's not how it works in RL as well. Eating a food that has meat in game dose not hurt any living being.

I mainly eat a keto diet and I know before I get into a weightlifting session I need to eat some carbs or else I'm not going to have the energy to complete my workout. This OP makes no sense.

Your understanding of the nutritional obstacles of a plant-based diet is valued by me. Recognizing possible deficiencies such as B12 is essential as they can affect overall well-being. When talking about dietary factors, it's important to also consider the types of cooking oils used. I suggest using olive oil burn point and potential health advantages. Not only is it excellent for cooking, but it also contributes healthy fats to your dishes. Similar to how it is crucial to ensure we are receiving all necessary nutrients, selecting the correct oils is vital for maintaining a well-rounded diet.