Guildie account hacked, IS says it's your job to keep it safe

2»

Comments

• NemesesNemeses Member
    edited September 20
    Noaani wrote: »
    Nemeses wrote: »
    If this is all true it’s an incredible poor response from IS, yes, I agree, they may get many of these types of tickets from morons trying to scam them, but it’s such a easy fix, account, blocked until ownership is proven.

That would give me an incredibly easy way to pull a key leader out of the fight on a metropolis or castle siege.

Please this is just rubbish, you going to hack an account first, its frightening that people are as stupid as this.
    The Immortals
    • We Lived a Thousand Lives, United we Stand.
    • Recruitment
  • Nemeses wrote: »
    BlackBrony wrote: »
    I had a guildie that had their account hacked. Somehow they gained access. Of course when these things happen it's a huge problem.
    It was a 250$ account, not a free one, mind you. They had to buy another key to get access to alpha 2.
    They contacted IS support and the last email they received said:
    "you're responsible for the security of your account. We consider the matter closed."

This is not MY problem. But if someone had a problem like this, and they received this kind of reply, how can I trust that it won't happen to me in the future? Accounts GET hacked all the time, it's inevitable.
    Does this means that if it happens to me when the game is live I am going to lose my progress because "you're responsible for the security of your account"?????

Would you feel happy if you received this kind of reply from a company to which you paid and invested time in?
    Would you feel safe with this kind of customer support?

This is pretty much the reply you are gonna get from any company when they steal your account so please keep it safe.

No it is not, my Gf many years ago had her LoTRo account hacked, soon as we reported it, they froze the account, then did checks, IE bank account used home address listed, few other things, with a few hours she had her account back.

In fact I know of no other company that will do this, so your answer is complete BS

I play mmo for years, it's the first time I hear that, probably I didn't play the ones that do what you said.
    3hmamy1ekfqy.gif
  • Support issue threads tend to quickly die in the Forums because:

1. The full account of the events from the player’s perspective is rarely given.

2. Explanation from the Support Team is never made public.

If the player’s account is accurate, they still could have enabled 2FA to add security and prevent the hack.

• BlackBrony wrote: »
    Uh, most people sure as hell are using different passwords for different platforms.

If you're not, that's failing internet safety 101..

https://bnd.nd.gov/81-of-company-data-breaches-due-to-poor-passwords/

Yes, I am pretty sure MOST people are doing this.

Well, that article is 6 years old...

Here is an article from July 2024 that claims that "Thirty-two percent of people use the same password across multiple accounts, with 14% using the same password for both work and personal accounts."

https://teampassword.com/blog/the-biggest-password-trends-of-2020
  • tinukedatinukeda Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Support issue threads tend to quickly die in the Forums because:

1. The full account of the events from the player’s perspective is rarely given.

^^ OP needs to post that context (and their guildie needs to start using a password manager)
  • nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited 1:35AM
    I have read some of the replies. If this is true, this is very upsetting IS should investage and if they think this is true. They should 100% take steps to fix this. Hackers are smart and will be doing this for the life of Ashes. Selling accounts is a real business. If this is true. It's a very sad bit of news to hear.
  • CaerylCaeryl Member
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    I have read some of the replies. If this is true, this is very upsetting IS should investage and if they think this is true. They should 100% take steps to fix this. Hackers are smart and will be doing this for the life of Ashes. Selling accounts is a real business. If this is true. It's a very sad bit of news to hear.

Based solely on the posts, it doesn't sound at all like they told the guy to gtfo.

Most likely they asked for some identifying information, he couldn't or wouldn't produce it, or it had been in the new person's 'possession' so long that they couldn't verify a claim of hacking over other things mentioned in here.

Ultimately, it just doesn't sound like they actually told him 'sucks for you', but that there was nothing they were able to do after back and forth with the person claiming the account was theirs and got hacked
  • nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Caeryl wrote: »
    nanfoodle wrote: »

Based solely on the posts, it doesn't sound at all like they told the guy to gtfo.

Most likely they asked for some identifying information, he couldn't or wouldn't produce it, or it had been in the new person's 'possession' so long that they couldn't verify a claim of hacking over other things mentioned in here.

Ultimately, it just doesn't sound like they actually told him 'sucks for you', but that there was nothing they were able to do after back and forth with the person claiming the account was theirs and got hacked

Happy for me it let me know that ashes offers two factor Authentication. Both my wife and I are now set up LOL