Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Testing Participation

2»

Comments

• Options
    For certain games do you get paid for finding bugs?
  • Options
    Highly unlikely.  Unless your a programmer working in the team. 

• Options
    You know, I often thought about this if I ever created an mmo.  I would reward players that are both bug finders and/or hackers for finding and turning in bugs & exploits in the game.  You could have an ongoing contract that rewards the first 1000 players that report a specific bug, or exploit.  You could reward them with specialty cosmetic items, or cash shop currency etc.  That way you can, in a way, pay for a 24/7 vigilant bug/exploit team that would be motivated to report. 
  • Options
    Babe said:
    For certain games do you get paid for finding bugs?
    The simple answer is NO!.

In a way when the Alphas and Betas come out thats when things get really tested and exploits, bugs and players getting stuck are found. Then comes the stress test prior to release this is used to ensure when release happens the servers can cope with the number of players. Now think back how many games have you played that had issues when they first released. As  a footnote there are some jobs that companies have as beta testers but they are few and far between.
  • Options
    Warkov said:
    You know, I often thought about this if I ever created an mmo.  I would reward players that are both bug finders and/or hackers for finding and turning in bugs & exploits in the game.  You could have an ongoing contract that rewards the first 1000 players that report a specific bug, or exploit.  You could reward them with specialty cosmetic items, or cash shop currency etc.  That way you can, in a way, pay for a 24/7 vigilant bug/exploit team that would be motivated to report. 
    That's pretty smart. It doesn't need to be first 1000 but just the first person.
  • Options
    Back when gaming was in its infancy, say late 80s, early 90s, you could get jobs getting paid doing bug swatting and testing. The modern companies have flipped the script on content hungry masses, and now you pay them to test their product for them. Sort of like how McDonalds has trained the unwashed masses to clean up and throw away their own trash at their restaurants, removing the need for dedicated floor staff.
  • Options
    kirilier said:
    i am a frenche player so i don't really know how to speak english but this game is a very good suprise for me ,the game looks great
    and if i can testing this game for talk to my friends and maybe play together after the developement.

I can assure you that your English is far superior to my French.