Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Armor and Clothing Tailoring

I'd like to see a few things done towards improving upon the generic Armor and Clothing we see in modern MMO's. I believe Armor and Clothing "skins" have their place, but, we shouldn't be restricted to simply replacing whole sets. Why don't they add in an option to edit or tailor specific pieces. For example, adding a mask onto a helmet. Without increasing or decreasing the armor value, it's a unique way to change the aesthetic of an Armor or Clothing piece without affecting gameplay. I'll edit this post later with some images that represent the idea, but it shouldn't be too difficult to understand from text.

Comments

• This sounds like a sensible idea, but which types of decoration did you have in mind other than masks?
  • I think there will be transmog/wardrobe system where gear and cloths look can be changed. I can see tailoring playing part of this. Only combining different kind of fabrics to dyes and jewls for example can lead to nice looking and even unique outlooks. 
  • This sounds like a sensible idea, but which types of decoration did you have in mind other than masks?
    Anything really, plumes for helmets, material changes for underlaid armor and even gloves. If they made armor as a whole customizable without having to fork over $30 *cough cough* for a skin, that would be an incredibly interesting and different mechanic for an MMO.
  • I believe they already have a system in place to do this.  They've already gone over a lot of the intricacies in designing armor, especially different pieces.

For presentation, they're sticking to armor "sets" for cohesiveness, but each piece will ultimately have it's own unique look on the character - which means they will probably tailor "skins" to specific slots as well.
  • Caelron said:
    I believe they already have a system in place to do this.  They've already gone over a lot of the intricacies in designing armor, especially different pieces.

For presentation, they're sticking to armor "sets" for cohesiveness, but each piece will ultimately have it's own unique look on the character - which means they will probably tailor "skins" to specific slots as well.
    I don't mind sets, but, you should be able to edit them. It's not a necessity but the idea would obviously make people want to spec into armour-smithing, tailoring/whatever etc. Skins have their place such as the racial ones, but armor should have a far more in-depth system behind it.
  • I think the idea is you can craft various styles as part of a set creation.
    you have multiple slots for customisation.