Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Invention

I've looked and can't find any reference to invention. Does anyone know if this has been addressed. Anything from the mundane (creating hot air balloons or repeating crossbows) to Magical (craftead, enchanted mounts) any feedback on this negative or positive I would love to hear.

Comments

• Options
    Someone has been watching too much log horizon. I don't think they have said anything about this, its a cool idea, but I know they have said flying mounts will be extremely limited.
  • Options
    Camnesia said:
    Someone has been watching too much log horizon. I don't think they have said anything about this, its a cool idea, but I know they have said flying mounts will be extremely limited.

Thanks for the input I was thinking of hot air balloons as an alternative to living mounts. I guess mounts means anything... LOL.

• Options
    I wouldn't mind a bicycle... you know fully armored with some form of lance and spinning blades... and a bell. 
  • Options
    I believe the scientific node will have some sort of quest lines related to that. The perk for scientific metropolis was described as air travel, so very well could be airships/zeppelins to different zoi stations, maybe that will require an invention mechanic.
    No gunpowder mechanics confirmed, though people are wondering what the plan for ship to ship is going to be. My guess is it will be ballistae to keep with the whole no hunters with guns credo. Make cannons then you have everyone clamoring for a patch with guns as new weapons since "It is in the lore, they are using cannons, so give me mah guns. Pew Pew!"
    Mounted combat is rumored to be extremely limited, so ET slaying bicycle probably not going to happen. They go that route and it starts going all Final Fantasy where you have the main characters driving around in muscle cars to go fight demons.
  • Options
    I believe the scientific node will have some sort of quest lines related to that. The perk for scientific metropolis was described as air travel, so very well could be airships/zeppelins to different zoi stations, maybe that will require an invention mechanic.
    No gunpowder mechanics confirmed, though people are wondering what the plan for ship to ship is going to be. My guess is it will be ballistae to keep with the whole no hunters with guns credo. Make cannons then you have everyone clamoring for a patch with guns as new weapons since "It is in the lore, they are using cannons, so give me mah guns. Pew Pew!"
    Mounted combat is rumored to be extremely limited, so ET slaying bicycle probably not going to happen. They go that route and it starts going all Final Fantasy where you have the main characters driving around in muscle cars to go fight demons.
    Makes sense. Thanks for the comment. As far as far as dragon slaying bicycles goes that's really funny thought. I was think more like an enchanted metal or stone horse or something like that...
  • Options
    Mazikar said:
    I wouldn't mind a bicycle... you know fully armored with some form of lance and spinning blades... and a bell. 
    That could also be done with a chariot with blades on the wheels and a Lance OK spear thrower on board... Very Ben Hur like....
  • Options
    There probbaly will be stuff like that in the game.