Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Which U.I. Design is better ?

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited September 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design
Bottom-Left Corner of these 2 images ( HP/ Mana Area ). Which is better ? 

I personally do prefer the 1st one  :) 

BTW, i have no idea what that thing is in the Top-Right Corner in the 1st image ... but i like it  :p

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Whist I'd prefer the second, that's based on the fact that on a screen of the size I have the first would just get mean I'd have to look further for it.... (and I'm lazy)
    But given the ui's personalization levels (we expect) hopefully we'll all be kept happy :smiley:
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    In the 1st pic - the UI element in the top right opens an inventory menu.
    In the 2nd pic - the UI element in the top right is the mini-map.
  • Hmmm would be fun to store all these screenshots so when launch comes about we have a reference to show how the UI has developed over the months :o

I prefer the second UI :)

I know it's just placeholders for now so I'm curious to see what they intend to do with the UI ^^
  • I like the 2nd more than the  first but I do love that emblem more that the 2nds Phoenix
  • 2nd one has better visibility of UI items.
  • I just want a fully customizable UI so we can all set it up to individual tastes.
  • 2nd one is great, but I really hope we can play with windows activated.  :p
  • Simple UIs are great but the first one is missing the minimap, party, and quest tracker.

I would love to have flexibility in my ui. Drag parts, change width and height, font, etc.
  • They said that the UI would be heavily customizable. I expect there to actually be offerings for both designs (in a more polished way), so you could pick which one you prefer, some like a more simplistic approach, some enjoy an interface that is nice to look at for a while.
  • I think the 2nd would be most practical but I do like small.
  • I like the 1st style bottom-left. But I would have taken more from the 2nd option. Add 50% to the length of the scale of life / mana, and the size of Phoenix in the corner. Take the mini-map (top-right) and a compass (I think) at the bottom-left.
  • SFinist said:
    I like the 1st style bottom-left. But I would have taken more from the 2nd option. Add 50% to the length of the scale of life / mana, and the size of Phoenix in the corner. Take the mini-map (top-right) and a compass (I think) at the bottom-left.
    Pretty much what I was going to say, I very much prefer the action bars of the 2nd image, however the HP/MP Bar with the emblem from the first.
  • Second one is better especially the skill bar.
  • I'm a minimalist when it comes to UIs.  I want streamlined interfaces without a ton of graphics.  I want core information directly beneath the character and secondary information stuffed into the corners or faded away until needed.

Other than the minimap I rarely use top left and right corners and tend to prefer mouse over fadeaway elements for mundane menu interfaces. 

hotbars - centered are preferred on bottom.
    player and target health bars I tend to place above the hotbars side by side, centered in the screen for ready information on fight status.

• I prefer the second image. It's simple, yet shows all the information you need to know. I am the same as Pogybait, I'm all about minimalist design.