Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Rare drops......what do you want to see?

We know players will make just about everything needed in the game. So knowing this fact. What types of rare drops would you like to see?

Also, do you want to see Epic and or Legendary drops too? Examples being Sword of the Frost Giant or Armor of Light.

As far as rare drops, recipes come to mind. Things needed to make what you are doing in the game, some you might need and others you might sell to others.

Examples can be as follows.

1. Cooking - Stews of strength, Meat dish XP, Fish dish DEX, Breads of Force

2. Armor - Golden Armor of the Gods, Shadow Armor Stealth , Tanker Special Force

3. Weapons - Swords of Wind, Daggers of shadow, Axes of Might, Maces of force

4. Bowyer - Arrows of Fire and Bows of Might

5. Brew Master - Ale of sight and brew of might

You get the idea. And these drops would be rare recipes, something you don't get in the normal markets.

What do you think?

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    I want to get rare equip and rare materials for crafting. Also rare trinkets
  • I would prefer rare materials and recepies, so that the strongest eq in the game would come from player made items through a long and gurelling process.
  • I would prefer rare materials and recepies, so that the strongest eq in the game would come from player made items through a long and gurelling process.

I would add, maybe you need to be at a higher rank in your profession, before you can even try to do the recipes that are rare, and these recipes will require rare items you find in the wild. Example being if your cooking a rare meat dish, it will require a rare rabbit type that's hard to find. So you as the cook can go hunt for it, or send out requests to others to bring it to you.

Rare recipe drops should require rare items to make it. Do you think so too?

• Granthor said:
    I would prefer rare materials and recepies, so that the strongest eq in the game would come from player made items through a long and gurelling process.

I would add, maybe you need to be at a higher rank in your profession, before you can even try to do the recipes that are rare, and these recipes will require rare items you find in the wild. Example being if your cooking a rare meat dish, it will require a rare rabbit type that's hard to find. So you as the cook can go hunt for it, or send out requests to others to bring it to you.

Rare recepies requiring rare materials is the only way this would work, unless they implement a system with hidded recepies where simply combining different materials can give us a different items which cannot be found in recepies. 
  • Granthor said:
    I would prefer rare materials and recepies, so that the strongest eq in the game would come from player made items through a long and gurelling process.

Rare recepies requiring rare materials is the only way this would work, unless they implement a system with hidded recepies where simply combining different materials can give us a different items which cannot be found in recepies. 

You can have that going on too, but maybe with a few lower level drops. While other rare drops you MUST use the rare items to make. Only makes for a deep game play, and you can maybe make a quest for others to go hunting for those rare items. as long as you have the gold to pay out for the quest, and make it worth their while.
  • Granthor said:
    Granthor said:

You can have that going on too, but maybe with a few lower level drops. While other rare drops you MUST use the rare items to make. Only makes for a deep game play, and you can maybe make a quest for others to go hunting for those rare items. as long as you have the gold to pay out for the quest, and make it worth their while.
    Hmmm, yeah I agree afterall the whole point of calling it rare is so that it will be hard to obtain. :smile:

• I wanna see sentient objects as rare drops and each one would have a different personality like sometimes they'll be encouraging, sometimes they'll be cynical, and sometimes they'll just shriek in existential dread.
  • Costume parts, furniture for housing, and of course rare gear and recipes.

Yeah I know a rabbit dropping a wardrobe isn't vewy logical, but hey, it's land of magic.
  • Gothix said:
    Costume parts, furniture for housing, and of course rare gear and recipes.

Yeah I know a rabbit dropping a wardrobe isn't vewy logical, but hey, it's land of magic.

What if the Rabbit dropped a gold pocket watch, would that be believable? lol
  • I would like to see rare trash items that give quests which at the end of it will tie into lore and be a rare item only able to be given at the end of the quest. 
  • Or a rabbit could offer you to, if you spare his life, tell you some forest lore.
  • Gothix said:
    Or a rabbit could offer you to, if you spare his life, tell you some forest lore.

Now that would be different.
  • gundel said:
    I would like to see rare trash items that give quests which at the end of it will tie into lore and be a rare item only able to be given at the end of the quest. 
    What if the trash item didn't show up as something unusual but has an inscription on it that will only reveal a possible clue if you take the time to read it. Good idea though would see if people are paying attention.
  • @Varkun It could work, I just come from a game, where trash items sometimes gave a quest, and you had to read it carefully to figure it out. A little column A a little column B situation.

But I guess both ideas sorta work.
  • I think Rare drops and recipes both need to happen. Epic items/sets bring from dungeons obviously but then make other actual sets that boost things like gathering rates or speed, reduces weight of gathered materials a small %, and boost exploration rewards. Make an adventuring type set imo.

Also on Legendairies... I also think thia could be put in game, but they need to be careful about it. Legendairies should be just that, LEGENDAIRY lol. Make them so you can get the start of some hugely long quest chain from a really rare itrm that drops. You gotta go through this whole chain, through multiple nodes, craft/obtain parts and materials. Then... the whole server is notified of your deeds. Your hard work and dedication pays off and that item stands head and shoulders above anything else you could obtain. Each with their own unique passive stats or activation that no other gear or weapon has. Keep Legendairies feeling epicly awesome and really rare to see imo.
  • Legendairies should be just that, LEGENDAIRY lol.

You mean made of milk-based products?

Legendary are not made of those usually.
  • So the first thing I noticed and it bugs the hell out of me is "Legendairy" DOES NOT HAVE AN " i " it is spelled "Legendary"

So on the note of me being a spastic (I know I am :smile:), I want to see something super random and useless drop that SEEMS useful but in all reality is a troll item from the developers :smiley:

That would make my day, getting the "Legendary sword of LEGENDARINESS" and it is a common level 1 sword that only hurts you when you use it
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    I want to see rare seeds like bananas. Let's say you can only get bananas on one island so you need to go there every time you want a banana. One day a rare banana seed drops and now you can go home and plant it so you don't have to go to that island any more.

Also, Milk of the Minotaur would be my legendairy. Are there any girl minotaurs?
  • I would like to see drops that directly affect your player in combat. Say you are playing a caster and you find a grimoire, well it turns out it is cursed and corrupts your toon's soul. Now when you cast spells a certain percentage of your damage changes to corruption damage or something and the spells have a tainted aura to them.

I would also like to see cursed gear that makes you go through a quest to remove.
  • I would like to see drops that directly affect your player in combat. Say you are playing a caster and you find a grimoire, well it turns out it is cursed and corrupts your toon's soul. Now when you cast spells a certain percentage of your damage changes to corruption damage or something and the spells have a tainted aura to them.

I would also like to see cursed gear that makes you go through a quest to remove.
    What you just described is pretty much any item really, the whole cursed thing is more related to lore, while the corruption damage could be attributed to things like elemental, poison etc. I like the idea of going through a quest to use cursed gear though, but I would prefer a certain method of removing the curse rather than a particular quest made for each individual cursed item.
  • Yeah it would be an item. I was thinking like a rare consumable that can alter your toon. I am not set on the requirements but I think there should be a risk to putting on strange items in the world.
  • Varkun said:
    gundel said:
    I would like to see rare trash items that give quests which at the end of it will tie into lore and be a rare item only able to be given at the end of the quest. 
    What if the trash item didn't show up as something unusual but has an inscription on it that will only reveal a possible clue if you take the time to read it. Good idea though would see if people are paying attention.

I think this would be a super cool idea. It's nice and more immersive into the game and your character when you earn that new, rare piece of gear in a cool way and maybe that piece of gear has a cool history behind it. I support this idea and the potential expansion of it into even more cool, story/puzzle driven means to get rare and more unique items 100%.
  • There should be rare items in all aspects of the game. The important part is that they are meaningful, either stat wise, lore wise or just fun
  • Fishnet stockings, they have to be a rare drop off a dungeon boss, they just got to be there!

• Would like to see any kind of rare drops such as armor, materials, cosmetics, or maybe usable items like a backport gem. 

More important i thinl is that good items drops should be spread equally all over the world. I donk know yet how leveling works in ashes and if some area of creeps will be just not worth looking anymore if you leveled up high enough but i think its important that every area in the game is worth spending time for some reason. I hate it in classic mmo's that you go through one area and it was fun but after you cleared it you will never ever set a foot on it again cause its just not worth.

A good distribution of gathering materials and rare drops over the world could make all areas feel worth play again.
  • Rare pets!
  • I'd rather see rare / high quality crafting items instead of weapons and armour.  

Lets say you kill a dragon and it drops a dagger, what sense does that make?  Why does it have a dagger?  But you kill a dragon and it drops a perfect dragon fang, which you can then use to make a dragon fang dagger.  That makes much more sense to me.

• wowfood said:
    I'd rather see rare / high quality crafting items instead of weapons and armour.  

Lets say you kill a dragon and it drops a dagger, what sense does that make?  Why does it have a dagger?  But you kill a dragon and it drops a perfect dragon fang, which you can then use to make a dragon fang dagger.  That makes much more sense to me.

Don't forget the Dragon scales, you can get that from skinning it.
  • As some others mentioned, the drops should fit to the enemy you kill. So if there is some humanoid mage end boss in a raid, you should have a chance to get his staff or his talisman.
    But if you slay some wild beast, you should instead get its hide, scales, claws, fangs,... that could be used by a skilled crafter to get some epic gear.
  • Brir said:
    As some others mentioned, the drops should fit to the enemy you kill. So if there is some humanoid mage end boss in a raid, you should have a chance to get his staff or his talisman.
    But if you slay some wild beast, you should instead get its hide, scales, claws, fangs,... that could be used by a skilled crafter to get some epic gear.
    Oh oh oh and the meat of the beast, we could have dragon steaks. yummmmm