Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Classes

I've been looking for information about classes but I couldn't find anything. I need to know what the classes are and the basics of them so I can decide if I'll play this or not.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• http://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/interview-ashes-of-creation-wants-bring-virtual-world-life/

In one of his answers here, Steven Sharif confirms that there will be 64 classes, composed of 8 unique archetypes chosen during character creation, and the chosen again after reaching a certain level.
    In case you don't want to read the article (which I highly recommend you do anyway), the 8 archetypes are Fighter, Tank, Rogue, Ranger, Mage, Summoner, Cleric, and Bard.
    So a player can chose to start as a Fighter, and the later on augment his class with Ranger skills (i.e. Fighter-Ranger). Each of the 64 possible combinations will supposedly have their own names, but the only 2 confirmed ones so far are Spellsword (Fighter-Mage) and Paladin (Tank Cleric).
  • So you can be a Fighter - Fighter? That seems pointless unless skills become stronger. That means there's only 56 if cant do that. Than have to wonder, is a Fighter - Mage different from Mage - Fighter?
  • [quote quote=12121]So you can be a Fighter – Fighter? That seems pointless unless skills become stronger. That means there’s only 56 if cant do that. Than have to wonder, is a Fighter – Mage different from Mage – Fighter?

[/quote]

Im not 100% sure on this but, i believe you could be a Fighter/Fighter, however a mage/fighter, fighter/mage would be different as the second archetype you choose just affects the skills of your main.

The example they gave was this:
    A fighter has a ability rush, where they charge the enemy (think charge for warriors on WoW) if they take a mage as their second archtype, the rush ability no longer charges the enemy instead your teleport to your enemy.

Maybe a mage/fighter, would be like your fireball now becomes sharp? and causes your enemy to bleed a little bit. (that isnt a prime example because i doubt itll be like that but its the best i can come up with on a whim)
  • Sure that it is meant to be class combinations and not advanced classes? Class combination sounds pretty similar to what we have seen in RIFT with the possibility to utilize certain synergies.

64 classes sounds a bit more like an advanced class system as seen in Lineage 2 where classes advance multiple times. Example:

Orc Fighter advances at lvl20 to Orc Raider and Orc Monk. These then advance at lvl40 to Orc Destroyer and Orc Tyrant. These then advance at lvl60 to Orc Titan and Orc Grand Khavatari. Finally, at lvl85 they advance to Tyrr Titan and Tyrr Grand Khavatari. This makes 9 classes for just one class tree.
  • This video is pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkupil0DHww&t=201s