Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The races

The standard 4. I had hoped for a non-humanish type of race to mess with. 
Orcs, Humans, Elfs and Dwarves.
Well.. could be worse I suppose.

Comments

• Options
    You realize the Tulnar are there also? And as for standard, I don't think I have ever seen a game that has gone with Polynesian culture dwarves over the bog standard "we have no magic, like gold, and live underground" sterotype. Also the game is meant to be a high fantasy, holy trinity, make mmos great again throwback. Kind of hard if they add space cows or pandas.
  • Options
    I got my info from the wiki so I don't know about the Tulnar, there's nothing about them listed or the fact that the dwarves are Polynesian.
    I can only go with the info I find.

And I was hoping for Wolves actually. =P
  • Options
     pandas.
    Well they would be really cute in unreal engine 4. You can not deny that.
  • Options
    I don't know what "the wiki" is. aocwiki.net is one I use, but there are several. There is no official wiki for the game endorsed by the developers, all of them are labors of love by the community and some are more complete than others.
    Here is your Polynesian reference.
    http://www.aocwiki.net/Niküa_Concept_Art
    Here are the Tulnar.

Tulnar

Z9tvcRspng

• Underrealm Race
    • Culmination of some of the major/minor races that existed before[3]
    • Will be able to dial up which type of attributes come to the forefront of your character[3]
      • Reptilian, mammal, human, etc

Background

• Fled to the UnderRealm area to escape the atrocities of the surface.[4]
    • Won’t be returning to the world, instead returning to the surface.[4]
      • Poking their head out for the first time in generations.
    • Portals spooling up has done other things to the world, has brought this UnderRealms attention to the surface.[4]
  • Options
    The only thing I'm wondering about is whether or not the Tulnar will be divided into 2 separate 'cultures' like the other races, though probably not since they have been living together as a collective of different races. :neutral:
  • Options
    you could take a look here, I posted some links and pictures with some more info about the tulnar.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    @AreeSoothsayer Well to be honest it wouldn't make much sense to add 12 different races when they already have a lot on their plate. Not like they can't offer more races down the road in future expansions.
  • Options
    Tulnar....  <3<3<3<3<3
  • Options
    I got my info from the wiki so I don't know about the Tulnar, there's nothing about them listed or the fact that the dwarves are Polynesian.
    I can only go with the info I find.

Here is the concept art. If that isn't Polynesian I don't know what is. I'm actually really excited for this since it is such a radical change from the traditional dwarf culture.