Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Monsters attacking Towns

I saw that we were talking about monsters attacking towns.

Could use a % of xp lost from death by monsters increase the monsters and allow them to attack cities similar to the system used for towns.

Could also have bandit nps in the wild that get stronger and more active based on pvp xp death loss.

Just thinking xD

Comments

• Though this might be a post better for Design discussions xD
  • Reminds me of the good old days in Ultima online circa 1997 when the gm's set monsters to attack towns.
  • [quote quote=1296]Reminds me of the good old days in Ultima online circa 1997 when the gm’s set monsters to attack towns.

[/quote]
    Having actually people make/start some of the events would be nice, some things are just to hard to make random/feel random. Much easier to just have a few trusted GM that start the occasional random event. Naturally with normal generated ones :)
  • and remember me too Horizon game, where waves of mobs attack and could destroy publics houses if you couldn't defend the town.
    Then you have to take back town and rebuilt the publics one (player "house" weren't destroyed).
    Missing alot in MMO (give a realistic side).
  • I'd like to see something like the nemesis system in lord of the rings shadow of mordor where enemies that kill players gain strength could do something along those lines where enough players dead enough power gained the enemy raids a node commanding lesser powered enemies of the same type.
  • [quote quote=4396]I’d like to see something like the nemesis system in lord of the rings shadow of mordor where enemies that kill players gain strength could do something along those lines where enough players dead enough power gained the enemy raids a node commanding lesser powered enemies of the same type.

[/quote]
    Ah yes, I've wrote about this in another thread a while ago, I really like the Shadow of Mordor monster progression: If you die the gain strength, if you fail to kill them with an arrow they might be immune to arrows etc.
  • [quote quote=1347]<strong>and remember me too Horizon game</strong>, where waves of mobs attack and could destroy publics houses if you couldn’t defend the town.
    Then you have to take back town and rebuilt the publics one (player “house” weren’t destroyed).
    Missing alot in MMO (give a realistic side).

[/quote]

Horizon is what i thought of also. This game is sounding like going back pre-wow days when MMO's were being pioneered and devs wanted to push the limits of AI and create an actual player driven world.